Transfers and... (09/10)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Nayaworld

Re: Transfers and... (09/10)

Postby Nayaworld » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:19 pm

ROTH is not bad.. was there ever a foreign coach at Valcea?

“ The challenge will not wait.”

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Yes, there was.

Ivica Rimanic (Croatian) was Oltchim's coach between summer 2008 and february 2009.

Mr. Kézi

Postby Mr. Kézi » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Szabina Tápai (playmaker, Arvor Brest), Andrea Fülöp (pivot, Hódmezővásárhely) and Kitti Gróz (leftwing, Szentendre) to Vác.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Nayaworld wrote:ROTH is not bad.. was there ever a foreign coach at Valcea?

Djordje Rasici was the first. Both him and Rimanici left a very good impression. 2 professionals. I still think sacking Rimanici was the biggest mistake after sacking Tadici.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Can Anja and Tadici cooperate? Seriously, I don't think Anja is a solution. She seems bored lately, plus she is a predator. Even at the slightest clue that things might go wrong, she'll leave us without money and without coach: Serbia and FCK experiences speak for themselves.

Roth and Tiselj are solid options in my opinion. They both are great coaches and come from this region, so they have a heads up on the way things are going on around here.

Don't know what to say about Kovacs. He left me with a good impression taking Turkey from zero to almost hero, but I have almost no knowledge about his aptitude as a coach in a team with this kind of demands.

Khrumbolz would have been the best choice. Sorry he couldn't do it. He rejected the Romanian NT too, so no surprise here. I think they asked him just to be sure, because they knew what his answer would be.

polpol
Regular

Postby polpol » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Emiliya Turey to Itxako confirmed by the club:

http://www.itxako.com/noticias.asp?id=959

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:23 pm

doomark wrote:This is not a gossip, but it´s true. Btw, our beloved Györ coach is called Kálmán, he´s not a Swede (Kallman) ;-)

In Swedish it would probably have been Källman like left winger Jonas Källman from Ciudad Real.

I.L.T.
Handball Fan-atic

Postby I.L.T. » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 am

Article from today from a local news papir in Randers conserning Wörz. @thedane notice that midfielder have been excanged with playmaker :)

There have in the spring Rumours that several major European clubs would have captured his arms out for Randers HK-states Nina Wörz.

But it is not hearsay, as the German playmaker knows.

"No, it's not something I've heard about. Whether there are some clubs that have approached to Randers HK, I could not say. But no one has contacted me with an offer, "says Nina Wörz.

So you play in Randers HK in next season?

"Yes, I do certainly," says the 29-year-old defense engine.

Are you open to go into negotiations with Randers HK on a contract extension?

"Yes, I am. I have been at the club for four years and is happy to be here. If we were to lie in the middle of the row, had probably not been as interesting. But now we come to the top, and I think also that we get to next season, "says Nina Wörz.
Think I will go for something possitive here - Handball is just a great sport!

Didrik
Extra Member

Postby Didrik » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Itxako with Barbosa,Soit and Turey. :?
I think we`ll meet Itxako in Main Round/even semifinals next year.
With Anja i totally agree with mikh. :?

Mr. Kézi

Postby Mr. Kézi » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:02 pm

The team Érd will a new team in the Hungarian D1.

arrive:
Viktória Oguntoye (gk, Győri Audi ETO)
Kinga Janurik (gk, Újbuda TC)
Krisztina Tamás (rw, Hódmezővásárhely)
Anna Kovács (rw-rb, Békéscsaba)
Anett Kisfaludy (pivot, Békéscsaba)
Alexandra Wolf (pm, Hódmezővásárhely)
Judit Ferencz (lb, Főgáz-Gázművek)
Edina Burai (lw, Újbuda)
The coach will be Edina Szabó.

Stay in the team: Ildikó Megyes (gk), Réka Schneck (gk), Petra Török (rw), Margit Pádár (rb), Krisztina Gyetván (pm), Cecília Őri (pivot), Barbara László (lb), Helga Németh (rb) and Beáta Balog (lw).

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:40 pm

TDK wrote:
Jessen wrote:Line Jørgensen leaves Odense-GOG...

She will be presentated in another Danish league club later this week.

I think she'll go to either Viborg or FIF

Or Esbjerg or KIF Vejen :lol:

And the winner is..... FC Midtjylland :!: http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-30976829:line-jørgensen-skifter-til-fcm.html?rss

According to TV2 Line Jørgensen signed for three years, and FCM had to go out and find additional sponsors to afford her. For me this is good news. Bad news for Tonje Nøstvold though, cause Line is better. For me Line Jørgensen has an enormous potential and is unlike e.g. Dalby a complete player without any weaknesses. She disappointed me this season though, but hopefully she will get back on track in FCM.

Next season FCM and Randers will be the teams to cheer for. Lærke Møller, Trine Troelsen, Line Jørgensen and Susan Thorsgaard is the starting line-up for FCM and should also be for the Danish NT. Mie Augustesen, Maria Fisker, Gitte Andersen, AS Okkels and Camilla Dalby from Randers should be part of the national team as well..

Next season I expect to see a stronger FCM - even with Hammerseng and Nyberg gone.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:52 pm

red and white wrote:
TDK wrote:
Jessen wrote:Line Jørgensen leaves Odense-GOG...

She will be presentated in another Danish league club later this week.

I think she'll go to either Viborg or FIF

Or Esbjerg or KIF Vejen :lol:

And the winner is..... FC Midtjylland :!: http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id-30976829:line-jørgensen-skifter-til-fcm.html?rss

According to TV2 Line Jørgensen signed for three years, and FCM had to go out and find additional sponsors to afford her. For me this is good news. Bad news for Tonje Nøstvold though, cause Line is better. For me Line Jørgensen has an enormous potential and is unlike e.g. Dalby a complete player without any weaknesses. She disappointed me this season though, but hopefully she will get back on track in FCM.

Next season FCM and Randers will be the teams to cheer for. Lærke Møller, Trine Troelsen, Line Jørgensen and Susan Thorsgaard is the starting line-up for FCM and should also be for the Danish NT. Mie Augustesen, Maria Fisker, Gitte Andersen, AS Okkels and Camilla Dalby from Randers should be part of the national team as well..

Next season I expect to see a stronger FCM - even with Hammerseng and Nyberg gone.

:D :D :D

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:51 pm

the Romanian press continued to write in the last days. Gazeta Sporturilor wrote that "Anja Andersen will come at Valcea with her girlfriend too, Mette Meldgaard". So from their point of view, Anja is close to Oltchim because the staff of Valcea will give her everything. they also write that Tadici auto-proposed himself to be coach of the team again, but president Gavrilescu rejected him, he said that he will hire only a foreign coach.

http://www.gsp.ro/sporturi/handbal/vine-cu-iubita-anja-andersen-isi-aduce-prietena-la-vilcea-192730.html

I don't know where will Mette Meldgaard have place as pivot, if we already have Stanca and Oana Manea. is Melgaard a good defender? because I see here she is just 1.70 m...

------------------------

Prosport phoned Roth Kalman and he said he will be honoured to coach a team like CS Oltchim. The Hungarian also told that he was contacted 2 years ago by Valcea. Kalman was also asked by Prosport about the other Hungarian who is on Valcea's list, Peter Kovacs, and he gave good references.

http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/ha ... im-6255711

They also asked president Gavrilescu and he declared that he doesn't have confidence in women as coaches, only in Marik Breivik. He also said that Kalman doesn't know other language than Hungarian and he isn't in pole-position because of that.

Other coaches on the Oltchim's list are: Tone Tiselj and Thomas Ryde.
Last edited by Poltergeist on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:08 pm

my personal list:

1. Marik Breivik
awesome coach, we all saw played Norway with her and how is playing Norway now without her. BUT... she is kinda retired! :)

2. Tone Tiselj
well, this should be the best option for Oltchim. this guy won the silver medal at the World Cup with Slovenia, that's impressive! he also won 2 Champions Leagues with Krim. so he trained both men and women, I think it is very important for a coach to learn the girls massive defense from men.

3. Anja Andersen
she doesn't need any presentation from me, it will be awesome for Oltchim's image. Valcea is a small town and probably that's why some players don't come there. I mean in Brasov or Bucharest they would surely come! I preffer 2 coaches more than Andersen because I have some doubts about Anja lately. her health and also Valcea might invest a lot and the team might not have results. but anyway, this is risk with every coach...

From Ryde, Kalman, Kovacs, I preffer the first one because of the mentality, but I am not sure he would be the best. The Hungarian coaches usually put a lot of passion and from what I know Kovacs did awesome things with Turkey and he would bring Ozel at Valcea too... One of these 3 coaches might be a better option than Anja, but not better than Breivik and Tisenlj who are masters! :D

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Poltergeist wrote:is Melgaard a good defender? because I see here she is just 1.70 m...

Yes she's a very very good central defender despite her low height.
The best defender on the Danish national team and the best defender in FCK and Slagelse DT's Champions League winners before that. Mette Melgaard and Rikke Skov is a very strong duo in the Danish central defence. When she returned to the Danish national team the defence improved a lot instantly. The Danish defence with and without her is like night and day.
She's a much better defender than attacker I would say. On the Danish national team she has mainly been used as a defence only expert lately and been sitting on the bench in attack to save her strength for her aggressive defence play.
She's a very aggressive middle defender who jumps out from the 6m a lot to tackle. She moves very quick in the defence and isn't afraid to take on players a head higher than her.
Last edited by TheDane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Wow! Better than Skov? Interesting. Thanks! Some Romanian friend also told me that... :lol:

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Poltergeist wrote:Wow! Better than Skov? Interesting. Because some Romanian friend also told me that... :lol:

Rikke Skov is the only player on the Danish national team who's at Melgaard's level in defence I would say. But they have different strengths and weaknesses and compliments each other well.
Melgaard is the small and very quick and somewhat atypical central defender who jumps out on players before they have time to blink.
Rikke Skov is more the typical central defender type who is tall, heavy and strong. She has very good blocks and is hard to push away on the line because of her weight and strength. So she can stay back on the line and watch the pivot and block shots while Melgaard can jump out and tackle the backs.

Poltergeist wrote:the Romanian press continued to write in the last days. Gazeta Sporturilor wrote that "Anja Andersen will come at Valcea with her girlfriend too, Mette Melgaard".

I don't think they are girlfriends anymore. They had quite a dramatic breakup a year ago when Anja Andersen started dating another FCK player Maren Baumbach behind Mette Melgaards back according to the press. Maren Baumbach was frozen out of the club and haven't played since, but yet Anja still manged to continue as coach.
I don't know if Anja Andersen is still dating Maren Baumbach, but I haven't heard that she is back with Melgaard.
There was an article in a Danish tabloid that said Anja Andersen and Melgaard was back together. But AFAIK Melgaard denied that was true when the article came out.
Last edited by TheDane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:43 pm

Yes, the Romanian press writes a lot of crap. I NEED TO COMMENT ON THAT ARTICLE TO TELL TO THE AUTHOR THAT HE SUCKS, THEY HAVE SPLIT UP! :) Anyway, if Anja comes here single, the paparazzi will follow here everywhere in Bucharest, because the capital is not so far! :p MelDgaard, not Melgaard?
Last edited by Poltergeist on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Poltergeist wrote:MelDgaard, not Melgaard?

It's Mette Melgaard without a 'd', I spelled it wrong, sorry. I have edited my post for the correct spelling.
Her full name is Mette Blak Melgaard, but I have never heard her middle name Blak used. http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mette_Melgaard

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Poltergeist wrote:the Romanian press continued to write in the last days. Gazeta Sporturilor wrote that "Anja Andersen will come at Valcea with her girlfriend too, Mette Meldgaard".

I thought they broke up ages ago?
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Yes, they did, but the Romanian press writes a lot of crap. I already sent a mail to Gazeta Sporturilor to remove that article. CRAP, CRAP, CRAP! [-(

Even the sport newspapers tranformed into a scandal magazine.

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Here's a video of a GOG vs. FCK match in January where you can see how Mette Melgaard typical plays in the central defence: http://tv2sport.dk/node/46934
Jump to 1:38 to see her play.
As you can see she's very aggressive and likes to run out from the 6m to meet the back quite far out in the court.
She has often been described as a terrier when she plays defence. Wiki describes a terrier small, wiry, very active and fearless dogs, so that's probably a good comparison to the way she plays defence.

Btw. Mette Melgaard actually turns 30 years old today, so happy birthday.
Here's a short portrait article of her two days ago because of her 30th birthday today: http://www.sn.dk/Stregspiller-fylder-30 ... ikel/64068
Last edited by TheDane on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks a lot! Happy birthday, Mette!

Dream Team
Regular

Postby Dream Team » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:37 pm

TheDane wrote:
Poltergeist wrote:is Melgaard a good defender? because I see here she is just 1.70 m...

Yes she's a very very good central defender despite her low height.
The best defender on the Danish national team and the best defender in FCK and Slagelse DT's Champions League winners before that. Mette Meldgaard and Rikke Skov is a very strong duo in the Danish central defence. When she returned to the Danish national team the defence improved a lot instantly. The Danish defence with and without her is like night and day.
She's a much better defender than attacker I would say. On the Danish national team she has mainly been used as a defence only expert lately and been sitting on the bench in attack to save her strength for her aggressive defence play.
She's a very aggressive middle defender who jumps out from the 6m a lot to tackle. She moves very quick in the defence and isn't afraid to take on players a head higher than her.

I agree with you. Melgaard is better than Skov in the defence. There is just Tonje Larsen who is better than Melgaard. That says alot!

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:50 pm

TheDane wrote:Here's a video of a GOG vs. FCK match in January where you can see how Mette Melgaard typical plays in the central defence: http://tv2sport.dk/node/46934
Jump to 1:38 to see her play.
As you can see she's very aggressive and likes to run out from the 6m to meet the back quite far out in the court.
She has often been described as a terrier when she plays defence. Wiki describes a terrier small, wiry, very active and fearless dogs, so that's probably a good comparison to the way she plays defence.

Wow! Top class defense! :-o You can teach individual defense skills with these 3 actions. Absolutely amazing!

Return to “Female Handball”