WC in China - Mainround DAY 3

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Lada fan
:::Site Admin:::

Re: WC in China - Mainround DAY 3

Postby Lada fan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm

kleber wrote:Wow,Trefilov crying? :shock: :shock:

Very hard fought win.

The defence won the game in second half.

Bravo to Khmyrova. =D> =D>

Finally in the semifinal, now it's time to payback for the lost semifinal here in mkd at the EHC. [-o< [-o<

and trefilov crying...that was a very special moment...so emotional.

RUSSIA WORLD CHAMPION AGAIN,AGAIN & AGAIN
Лучше нету, и не надо, чем Тольяттинская ЛАДА!!!

Alemirux
Regular

Postby Alemirux » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:19 pm

itwas82 wrote:Welcome Denmark for the 5th place game. Quite a long time no see.

(P.S. I hope the injury of Neagu and Yu is not severe.)

The press here says that Neagu's injury was severe, I don't know what to think. Apparently, it's a sprained ankle, but either way, she won't play in these championships anymore.

Nayaworld

Postby Nayaworld » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm

Cant wait to see what will be the end of this WC.. :)
“ The challenge will not wait.”

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:30 pm

Nayaworld wrote:Cant wait to see what will be the end of this WC.. :)

Trefilov crying... again :lol:

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:08 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Trefilov crying... again :lol:

Funny, funny :D But when did you see Trefilov cry? He won it 3 times and (what I remember last two cases) he wasn't crying. Psychologically it can be a good motivator for the girls, that seeing their dictator cry. They just have to realize his todays tears. ;) [-o< Pity for Russia, that currently it's the Norwegian psychic which is the strongest one in female handball.
Last edited by Wbk on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Congrats girls for a comeback beyond belief :)

God knows what was going on in the first leg, but in the second the girls started to play handball again, and the smile was back!
Just seeing the intensity and cheering, we all knew it was just a matter of time before Spain would be totally destroyed, crying for the clock to hurry to prevent humiliation- Norway was back in business :)

Relax girls, have fun, and remember that you are the BEST girls in the world, just don't doubt yourselves since it can be quite nervewrecking to watch :)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:15 pm

In the first half norwegian defense was not good. With only two counterattacks the rest is history. Second half a better defense, but normal position play was still not very good. ;)

It will be interesting to see, if this would be enough against Russia.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:36 pm

Yep, Russia must be beaten as ALWAYS if you want the gold, and that will also be a whole different match. It will be very exciting :)

8 goals in first leg are some kind of record I think, but 19-10 in second half are more normal, hehe :)

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Some thoughts after not seeing one single game today :(

1. Doesn't it amaze you that Gjeding-Hansen were the couple to officiate 3 of the 4 important games for Spain? Korea, Romania and Norway were all in their hands and it isn't so amazing that only Norway survived. I had a lot of appreciation for these 2, but after our game against Spain and the scandal in the final moments of the Spain-Korea match, they make me sick. I feel like things were arranged for Spain to make it here.

2. Congrats to Romania for a hard fought comeback without Neagu. We were at -8 at one point, but I was so sure they can make it. It seems Romania has now the ablility of coming back easily when it's lead (we didn't have that until Tadici and it works even better now). Now we need the capability of holdig together during a complete tournament. Can we do that once again before let's say Neagu's generation will have it's good bye (say 5-7 years)?

3. Some classic games in the semifinals and the placement round: Norway-Russia (the eternal final these last years moved yet another time into the semifinals by the stubborn Spaniards), France-Spain (a to-die-for in the male section, not so intriguing, but still a tradition for the women's), Korea-Denmark (hehe, only nice handball memories about this one; these two teams must love each other), Romania-Germany (somewhat of a regular these last years; the last bronze final shifted back 4 places :() and Austria-Hungary (an interesting duel back in the old days, once again possible due to a good run for Austria).

I am also looking forwaard for the final games in the tournament and we might just see Russia world champions again... :?:

Horia
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Horia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 am

Good luck to Romania in the fight for 7th place! I'm disappointed with their performance overall but the fightback against Korea was extraordinary and I really admire that. I'm sorry that they didn't had the coach they deserved, I think things with have been different with someone else on the bench but, sadly, we didn't had a great mind on the there. Starting with the selection everything was wrong. Next generation will have a lot to deal with.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 am

mikh wrote:Some thoughts after not seeing one single game today :(

1. Doesn't it amaze you that Gjeding-Hansen were the couple to officiate 3 of the 4 important games for Spain? Korea, Romania and Norway were all in their hands and it isn't so amazing that only Norway survived. I had a lot of appreciation for these 2, but after our game against Spain and the scandal in the final moments of the Spain-Korea match, they make me sick. I feel like things were arranged for Spain to make it here.

2. Congrats to Romania for a hard fought comeback without Neagu. We were at -8 at one point, but I was so sure they can make it. It seems Romania has now the ablility of coming back easily when it's lead (we didn't have that until Tadici and it works even better now). Now we need the capability of holdig together during a complete tournament. Can we do that once again before let's say Neagu's generation will have it's good bye (say 5-7 years)?

3. Some classic games in the semifinals and the placement round: Norway-Russia (the eternal final these last years moved yet another time into the semifinals by the stubborn Spaniards), France-Spain (a to-die-for in the male section, not so intriguing, but still a tradition for the women's), Korea-Denmark (hehe, only nice handball memories about this one; these two teams must love each other), Romania-Germany (somewhat of a regular these last years; the last bronze final shifted back 4 places :() and Austria-Hungary (an interesting duel back in the old days, once again possible due to a good run for Austria).

I am also looking forwaard for the final games in the tournament and we might just see Russia world champions again... :?:

Gjeding-Hansen duo has never been a good one, but I can hardly believe they did more for the Spanish team, than the Slovak duo on the match HUN-ESP.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 am

Horia wrote:Good luck to Romania in the fight for 7th place! I'm disappointed with their performance overall but the fightback against Korea was extraordinary and I really admire that. I'm sorry that they didn't had the coach they deserved, I think things with have been different with someone else on the bench but, sadly, we didn't had a great mind on the there. Starting with the selection everything was wrong. Next generation will have a lot to deal with.

Romania was completely out of luck this time. 2 times with -1 defeats: look at France what they got away with...

polpol
Regular

Postby polpol » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Well, it´s amazing to read that spain is in semifinal because of the refs. You hungarians, romanians, etc, search your national team problems in handball, and Spain success is only because of handball.
And probably without these danish refs all norwegians were crying now.
A little humility for everybody, and respect for spanish players please.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Well, it's easy to seek the fault in referee's judgement. The only match where I see a team really benefiting from ref's help was Germany against Angola. It is really a shame that handballworldcup.tv does not show the minutes where austrian Subke got her disqualification against Germany. It would be a worth discussion, if this red card was justified as well, especially if you take a look afterwards to Kristensen hard foul against Angola, where she got only a 2 minute suspension.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:13 pm

meteo wrote:Well, it's easy to seek the fault in referee's judgement. The only match where I see a team really benefiting from ref's help was Germany against Angola. It is really a shame that handballworldcup.tv does not show the minutes where austrian Subke got her disqualification against Germany. It would be a worth discussion, if this red card was justified as well, especially if you take a look afterwards to Kristensen hard foul against Angola, where she got only a 2 minute suspension.

Yes that was an very obvious mistake by ref. and when they picked Angolas best player and topscore instead, things went the German way. Kamilla Kristensen derserved a direct red imo. I haven't seen the Subke incident yet (TV broadcast was off in the last part of that game :x ). Btw Subke impressed me. =D>
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:21 pm

polpol wrote:Well, it´s amazing to read that spain is in semifinal because of the refs. You hungarians, romanians, etc, search your national team problems in handball, and Spain success is only because of handball.
And probably without these danish refs all norwegians were crying now.
A little humility for everybody, and respect for spanish players please.

Spain is a very good team. Better than the Hungarian team at this WC, so it is not about we say we have been robbed, should have been in the Top 4, etc.

But if you rewatch the HUN-ESP game, you could see it for yourself that the ref factor was pretty strong on your side. Without the Slovakian refs help you would have lost that game. Not because your team isn't stronger than on our team on this particular tournament, but on that day, you simply showed worse handball. This is not disrespect.

We see the potential in our team which will be a whole lot better next tournament. We went to China to take the first steps together, and regarding the amount of injuries we had, we did pretty well.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm

polpol wrote:And probably without these danish refs all norwegians were crying now.

I did not see the Spanish team wanting to get a win in the 2nd half anyway...
Especially Mangue...

zik013
WC 2009 Fantasy game winner

Postby zik013 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:49 pm

so the direct red card doesnt mean disqualification for the next game ?? so the Angolas player will play ? it was the case with Subke

fmj
Extra Member

Postby fmj » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 pm

The refs didn't help Norway in any way in the match against Spain. Spain took it easy, that's it.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:22 am

:lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “Female Handball”