Champions League 2010/2011

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Champions League 2010/2011

Postby masch1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:54 am

hm, I think it's interesting that Varzarus backup will be danish Camilla Mikkelsen - in the very few matches this season where Varzaru didn't play well Kovaszics would take over and play quite well, but I'm not sure how well C. Mikkelsen will do. I don't know her very well as she's not on the inner circle of the NT yet. So Viborg seems to me to be weaker on this spot as well.

Here are some players portraits of the new Viborg players from a Viborg fan page (I left out the old players but they are also there as well as some less relevant information):

http://www.viborg-redaktionen.dk/27451966

Christina Pedersen was born on the 15th of december 1982 and started playing in Ajax Copenhagen. For a long time she was a wing but as there was a lack of goalplayers she ended up there, and she did so well she stayed. In 2002 Christina got her NT debut and a the same time she began her career in FCK, where she since 2007 has played for Anja Andersen in cooperation with norwegian keeper Cecilie Leganger. She got her debute at a national championship at the EC 2008, where Denmark dissappointed with an 11th place. In 2009 Christina Pedersen was really allowed to show her abilities in the FCK goal, as Cecilie Leganger was injured, and she did this so well she was appointed goalie of the year in the danish league. At the same time she made a name of herself on the NT, where she already before the WC 2009 replaced Karin Mortensen as the first choice on the goalpost. Outside the handballcourt Christina works as a players counceler for the handball player union and she also studies law.

Louise Bager Due (I included her though she's not exactly new)(originally Nørgaard) or “Bager” as she is called by the fanclub is born in 1982 in Dronninglund. She has since 2001 played as a goalie for Viborg HK and that makes her, along with Rikke Skov, to the longest playing player in the green jersey. Until 2007 she also played for the danish NT and has among other things won EC-gold 2002 and OG-gold 2004. In 2007 Bager announced that she would take a break from the NT and focus on her career in the club. In the latest seasons however Bager has been overshadowed by Katrine Lunde Haraldsen. Actually it is highly unusual if the danish keeper get to show her abilities on anything else than penalty throws which is a waste of great abilities. Next season Louise will get the opportunity to play alot more, when Christina Pedersen replaces Katrine Lunde Haraldsen in the Viborg-goal.

Viborg HK’s new playmaker Mouna Chebbah was born 1982 in the tunesian city Mahdia. She began her career in french Besançon 2005, whereafter she in 2008 went to Denmark and put on the Team Esbjerg-jersey. During her to years in Esbjerg Mouna achieved great succes both on the club team and NT. She was thereby appointed in both season as player of the year in Team Esbjerg and was in 2009/10 appointed playmaker of the year in the danish league as well as awarded a place on the All Star-team. With the tunesian NT she participated in the african championship 2009, where she not only played a big part in the silver medal of Tunesia but was also appointed best African Handballplayer. In may 2009 Mouna signed a contract with Viborg HK, where she the coming thre season will have a rich opportunity to develop further and win even more titles.

Camilla Mikkelsen is a Viborg-girl in more than one sense. The 19 y old right wing is first of all born and raised in Viborg and secondly played her first many years in Viborg HK. Camilla has through the years in Viborg HK won both the DM-gold and DM-silver with the U18-team, while she in the same period played for a more secure place on first the U18-NT, and since the U20-NT and now the development NT, for which she has played 40 matches and scored 59 goals. In 2009 Camilla was ready to try out with the league but as Viborg at the same time had Monika Kovacsicz and Cristina Varzaru at the right wing, Camillas chances of playing time in Viborg was very small, and she went to SK Århus on a one year contract. Short time ago Viborg however brought back the right wing for the coming two years where she will replace Monika Kovacsicz as substitute for Cris.

Marit Malm Frafjord was born 1985 in Tromsø. She began her career in Rapp as a backplayer and went in 2002 to Byåsen, where she was reschooled to a pivot. Through the years in Byåsen Marit played in to be first choice on the team and was at the same time appointed team captain as the youngest in the clubs history. In 2005 she had her debute for the norwegian NT against Portugal and in spite of hard competition from among others Isabel Blanco and Elisabeth Hilmo she in 2006 played herself into a permanent place in the norwegian team after big success in both the club team and at the EC in beachhandball. Since then Marit has played 103 NT matches and scored 231 goals in the norwegian jersey (as of 20th december 2009), and is now regarded as one of the worlds best pivots, especially known for her strong defensive and screeningplay. Privat Marit works as a kindergarden susbtitute and has also studied energy and environment at NTNU.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Okay, I forgot Chebbah as replacement for Lunde-Borgersen. Seems to be weaker at well. 14 players (the article still misses Savic and Amariei) seems not to be much. I don't want Viborg to complain about injuries.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

TDK
Extra Member

Postby TDK » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

meteo wrote:Before we can make reliable predictions we should know all team rosters.

It will be very interesting to see Viborg without Lunde, Lunde and Popovic. How do their replacements look like? Nimand-Pedersen for Lunde Haraldsen (first look seems to be weaker) Amariei for Popovic (first look seems to be weaker) who replaces Lunde-Borgersen?

Buducnost instead has now Popovic. It's almost more Nationalteam of Montenegro that was able to draw against the actual world champion Russia. At the away victory Russia had a younger squad, we should exclude that. Volgograd - Don't know anything about crucial transfers, quality should remain - so it seems to be an open race for the first three spots between all teams. Who will join the group will end fourth. Byasen lost Grimsbö and Frafjord - two crucial players, Didn´t notice many reinforcements at Metalurg - the qualification winner should end up fourth.

Group B is nearly comparable. The top-seeded team Hypo lost quality, Leipzig´s even getting stronger due to the transfer for Anne Müller from Leverkusen. Itxako is much more stronger than last season where they lack experience at that level. I think Leipzig and Itxako should reach the main round, Hypo is still without a quality playmaker and could end up fourth.

Group C is in my eyes almost clear at the blueprint. Larvik and Valcea are the top favourites, Toulon will be the underdog. Whether it will be Randers or Leverkusen - the qualifier´s first aim can only be to reach the Cupwinner´s Cup. Only if one of the top favorites should fail they can reach for more.

Group D is nearly comparable on the first sight. Györ increases it´s quality, together with Larvik they´ll have the best goalkeeper duo. I don't know anything about the power of Krim Ljubljana and Podravka, but based on last year´s impression Krim should be favored. So, who will be qualifier - Elda lost Oana Soit, Zvezda lost Suslina - normally Zvezda should go for it and they should have the power to beat Podravka. But who knows ;)

So, group A is unpredictable in my eyes - Leipzig, Itxako, Larvik, Valcea, Györ and Krim should reach main round.

And that´s the way it is ! =D>

--------------------------------
Bruce Hornsby and the Range : The way it is ( 1986-a classic from my early days )

woods
Rookie

Postby woods » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:32 am

Toulon is very good team. Dembélé and deroin (international french players) play fot Toulon. There is Mwasesa Christiane. She plays Left back, and she's incredible. Really...She is very very fast. She can play in all the european team. She's african, so nobody knows her for the moment. After, there is a lot of good players like Gondo(pivot)I think she is one of the best scorer during the last international competition with Ivory coast. For the nw season, Toulon take two international swedish players(pivot and middle back)
The group is difficult for Toulon, but but but...

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:47 am

meteo wrote:Okay, I forgot Chebbah as replacement for Lunde-Borgersen. Seems to be weaker at well. 14 players (the article still misses Savic and Amariei) seems not to be much. I don't want Viborg to complain about injuries.

I didn't even notice Savic and Amariei were misssing :oops:

As for Chebbah the statistics for most effective player last season put her on a 5th place while Lunde-Borgersen doesn't even appear among the first 50 :shock:

http://handware.tv2.dk/dd1/statistiklistor/mepalla.pdf

Also, she is on top of the list of assists while Lunde-Borgersen is number 41:

http://handware.tv2.dk/dd1/statistiklistor/ass.pdf

I know there may be some other factors but still, it kind of took me by surprise that the difference was that big, even if Chebbah has been very convincing this season.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm

red and white wrote:And here´s the rooster for KIF Vejen(at least with the important players):

Thanks, I have heard about Burgaard, she played really well in Gothenburg. But she is still young so I wouldn't say it's a strong squad.

The rooster of Debrecen:

Keepers: Éva Kiss (Ex Hun NT), Ágnes Triffa (Hun NT, played in Krim), Viktória Pácz
Pivots: Rita Borbás (Ex Hun NT, played in Győr, Valcea, Dunaferr), Valéria Szabó (Hun NT, 2nd best), Noémi Dakos
Wings: Viktória Csáki (Ex Hun NT), Gabriella Juhász (Hun NT, played in Győr, Brasov), Anita Kazai (talented youngster), Nóra Varsányi (18 y)
Backs, playmakers: Annamária Bogdanovics (Ex Hun NT), Barbara Bognár (Ex Hun NT, played in Denmark, still young), Anita Bulath (Hun NT, from Podravka), Dóra Hornyák (junior Hun NT), Renáta Mörtel (Ex Hun NT, played in Győr, Dunaferr, Krim), Orsolya Karalyos (19 y), Pálma Siska (18y), Petra Slakta (21 y), Anett Sopronyi (Hun NT)

Arrived: Anett Sopronyi, left handed right back

Left: Ivana Lovric

Debrecen has only Hungarian players. It is a great mixture of young talents and (former) Hungarian National team members. I'm looking forward to see them against Lublin and Vejen with the great coach: Vilmos Köstner.

Last season they were eliminated in CWC by Buducnost (winner later) by one goal and that time they were in a really bad form, before coach change. Later they could find the right way and finished 2nd in Hungarian league.
Last edited by Galpa on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

m.erika
Regular

Postby m.erika » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Galpa wrote:
red and white wrote:And here´s the rooster for KIF Vejen(at least with the important players):

Thanks, I have heard about Burgaard, she played really well in Gothenburg. But she is still young so I wouldn't say it's a strong squad.

The rooster of Debrecen:

Keepers: Éva Kiss (Ex Hun NT), Ágnes Triffa (Hun NT, played in Krim), Viktória Pácz
Pivots: Rita Borbás (Ex Hun NT, played in Győr, Valcea, Dunaferr), Valéria Szabó (Hun NT, 2nd best), Noémi Dakos
Wings: Viktória Csáki (Ex Hun NT), Gabriella Juhász (Hun NT, played in Győr, Brasov), Anita Kazai (talented youngster), Babett Szalai (junior Hun NT), Nóra Varsányi (18 y)
Backs, playmakers: Annamária Bogdanovics (Ex Hun NT), Barbara Bognár (Ex Hun NT, played in Denmark, still young), Anita Bulath (Hun NT, from Podravka), Dóra Hornyák (junior Hun NT), Renáta Mörtel (Ex Hun NT, played in Győr, Dunaferr, Krim), Orsolya Karalyos (19 y), Pálma Siska (18y), Petra Slakta (21 y), Anett Sopronyi (Hun NT)

Arrived: Anett Sopronyi, left handed right back

Debrecen has only Hungarian players. It is a great mixture of young talents and (former) Hungarian National team members. I'm looking forward to see them against Lublin and Vejen with the great coach: Vilmos Köstner.

Last season they were eliminated in CWC by Buducnost (winner later) by one goal and that time they were in a really bad form, before coach change. Later they could find the right way and finished 2nd in Hungarian league.

Just a little correction, Szalai Babett left the team at the end of the year,and signed with Siófok KC.
http://www.szkc.ro/ :D

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm

m.erika wrote:Just a little correction, Szalai Babett left the team at the end of the year,and signed with Siófok KC.

Yeah, you're right, I have edited! ;)

yabbagabb
Extra Member

Postby yabbagabb » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:30 pm

123123 wrote: And we all know what have happened to Györ,

What do you mean :?:

zero
Extra Member

Postby zero » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:04 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

where is she ?
Croatia - land with 1000 islands !

m.erika
Regular

Postby m.erika » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:29 pm

zero wrote:

[/quote]

where is she ?[/quote]

She ended her career. :(
http://www.szkc.ro/ :D

zero
Extra Member

Postby zero » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:56 pm

m.erika wrote:
zero wrote:

where is she ?[/quote]

She ended her career. :([/quote]
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Croatia - land with 1000 islands !

Ettikeee:)
Extra Member

Postby Ettikeee:) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:16 pm

yabbagabb wrote:

Yeah, I wonder the same...I don't see anything what doesn't make us "much of a challenge".

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Ettikeee:) wrote:
yabbagabb wrote:

Yeah, I wonder the same...I don't see anything what doesn't make us "much of a challenge".

You are not the only one who did not understand him. ;) But "we (should) all know what have happened"... :lol: :lol:

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:36 pm

"We all know what have happened to Györ" surprised me as well, as I didn't remember writing that.

Taking a look back on it though, I talk about KIF Vejens chances (each stage of the post is divided into a comparision between the danish team and the group they're in, first part, Viborg vs. Volgograd + Byaasen, second part, Randers vs. Valcea, third part, Vejen vs. Leipzig + Hypo and finally fourth part, I just mention the last group is not of relevance for that post, because there's no danish teams in it (which also happens to be the group where Györ is in)) at that part of the post and compare them to their german challenge, Leipzig, talking about how danish teams usually beat german teams (except Horsens vs Leverkusen) and since I admit itxackos strength, I guess it was a mistype by me. What I probably really meant when writing it was: "We all know have happened to HYPO" [That they're betting on austrian players, and in general probably will be much weaker, even if they manage to keep on to some of their current stars].

[At first I thought I might had hinted to Ikast defeating Györ the same season they ended up winning silver at CL, but I couldn't really see how that had any relevance]

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:25 pm

Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

TDK
Extra Member

Postby TDK » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 pm

17-19 september in ELRO Arena

Now Leverkusen-HC Smart-Milli Piyango will have a tough time getting
any further in CL, I think

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:59 pm

TDK wrote:

17-19 september in ELRO Arena

Now Leverkusen-HC Smart-Milli Piyango will have a tough time getting
any further in CL, I think

Leverkusen has to play match against Leipzig the wednesday before. Fortunately for the NT-players they have a short trip to GF World Cup at Aarhus.
Greetings from Germany

TDK
Extra Member

Postby TDK » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:08 am

And Randers have to play against Sønderjyske the Tuesday before,
it´s a walkover-match. Life isn´t always fair ;)

Yes, GF World Cup 21-26 september, and that means that my
boring and miserable life in summertime now will look brigther :D

Didrik
Extra Member

Postby Didrik » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:04 am

Qualification Tournament 1

Gil Eanes (Portugal)-T+A/VOC Amsterdam 33:35 (12:20)
LK ZUG Handball(Switzerland)- IK Sävehof(Sweden) 12:39 (4:20)

Didrik
Extra Member

Postby Didrik » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Day 2:
Savehof-Gil Eanes 30-21
VOC Amsterdam-LK Zug 30-26
Day 3:
Gil Eanes-Zug 32-20
VOC Amsterdam-Savehof 23:33

1. IK Sävehof 3 3 0 0 102 : 56 (46) 6
2. T+A/VOC Amsterdam 3 2 0 1 88 : 92 (-4) 4

3. Gil Eanes/3 1 0 2 86 : 85 (1) 2
4. LK ZUG Handball 3 0 0 3 58 : 101 (-43) 0

Qualification Tournament 2:VOC will join group 2 with Zvezda,Elda and Ormi-Loux Patras.
IK Sävehof will join group 3 with Cluj,Byasen and Metalurg.

mimi
Regular

Postby mimi » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:47 am

can somebody give me some details about Avtokomanda Sport hall

I.L.T.
Handball Fan-atic

Postby I.L.T. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:26 pm

CHL Qual games today!

16:00 Orsan Elda Prestigio - VOC Amsterdam
No doubt the spanish side will win easy.

17:00 Jolidon Cluj Napoca - Metalurg Skopje
More equl game, as it is played in Skopje! and that is never easy

17:30 DVSC-Korvex - SPR Safo Lublin
Played in poland but DVSC schould be too strong, only two polish national players in on the Lublin team this year, the new danish national coach ruled out a lot of the old players.

18:00 Randers HK - HC Sparta
Randers so strong, sparta weak this year and Tsygitsa not playing?

18:00 SC Zvezda Zvenigorod - Ormi-Loux Patras
10 or 20 goal victory...I do not know.

19:30 Byåsen - IK Sävehof
The norwagians have a lot out players out and the swedish are improwing, Gulden always a plesure

20:00 KIF Vejen - RK Zajecar
KIF giving all in this game according to their coach but the only think he knows about Zajecar are according to the local newspapir that they have 10 national players, do they??

20:00 TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen - Milli Piyango
No Ozel = no chance
Think I will go for something possitive here - Handball is just a great sport!

I.L.T.
Handball Fan-atic

Postby I.L.T. » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Think this is a link to the live stream from the games in Petras:

http://www.livestream.com/ormipatras?ut ... ormipatras
Think I will go for something possitive here - Handball is just a great sport!

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:43 pm

for the tournament from Skopje do we have LIVESTREAM? please tell me because i am not sure U Cluj's match against Metalurg will be transmitted here... :(

Return to “Female Handball”