Cupwinners Cup 2011-12

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Extra Member

Re: Cupwinners Cup 2011-12

Postby 123123 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:07 pm

I think the refs are a very subjective matter and we've each our own opinion. I think we should respect eachothers opinion and not form groups against eachother. I think it's a shame the refs was not on a level where we all could find what they did appreciable. I think it's a shame that it might happen the next match as well, but I hope the B-sisters will positively surprise those who're "afraid".
In the end, I'd really like for the best team to win in a fair way and that we'll be threated with high quality, close and entertaining, matches.

Btw. the commentators in my language said that Tomori is very unpopular in Györ. It made me wonder, since you guys seem to be both cheering for Györ and FTC in international competition (which I can follow, I too cheer for, e.g. VHK in international competitions, but not in the danish league), what team(s) do you cheer for in your own competition (the hungarian league)?:)

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Mon May 07, 2012 5:38 pm

123123 wrote:Btw. the commentators in my language said that Tomori is very unpopular in Györ. It made me wonder, since you guys seem to be both cheering for Györ and FTC in international competition (which I can follow, I too cheer for, e.g. VHK in international competitions, but not in the danish league), what team(s) do you cheer for in your own competition (the hungarian league)?:)

Well, I don't think she is so unpopular. She had some bad matches in NT during Mátéfi era and then some fans wanted to fire her (plus she has some problems with behaviour sometimes but I don't care about that if she uses her brain on the match). However her defending skills were always great and she improved a lot in attack in FTC, became a key player in that aspect too. She has the abilities to become world class, kind of Andersen mentality! :) Now everyone would accept her place in NT!

I follow handball since 2001 and I support mainly our NT and then Győr because of Görbicz. For me she is the most entertaining player ever, that's why. But I'm kind of neutral because I cheer for every Hungarian team on international level. I like ex-Dunaferr and FTC because they reached success with Hungarian players. (I have sometimes problems with FTC fans as they have many football hooligans on the matches)
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Mon May 07, 2012 6:00 pm

123123 wrote:Btw. the commentators in my language said that Tomori is very unpopular in Györ. It made me wonder, since you guys seem to be both cheering for Györ and FTC in international competition (which I can follow, I too cheer for, e.g. VHK in international competitions, but not in the danish league), what team(s) do you cheer for in your own competition (the hungarian league)?:)

Zsuzsa is unpopular in Győr because of her behavior in the times when she was ETO player. She is not an easy person and her coach of that time did not manage to handle her, they discussed heavily even during the games and at the end she was fired from Győr. FTC coach Gábor Elek is the best psychologist in coaches I've ever known and he called Zsuzsa to Fradi immediately (although we could not let her play in FTC in that season) and, I must say, did a wonder on her, currently she's a top player and has no serious behavior issues.
So the reason she's unpopular is not that she plays in Ferencváros but the way she behaved in Győr several years ago.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Esik
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Esik » Mon May 07, 2012 6:22 pm

123123 wrote:I think the refs are a very subjective matter and we've each our own opinion. I think we should respect eachothers opinion and not form groups against eachother. I think it's a shame the refs was not on a level where we all could find what they did appreciable. I think it's a shame that it might happen the next match as well, but I hope the B-sisters will positively surprise those who're "afraid".
In the end, I'd really like for the best team to win in a fair way and that we'll be threated with high quality, close and entertaining, matches.

Btw. the commentators in my language said that Tomori is very unpopular in Györ. It made me wonder, since you guys seem to be both cheering for Györ and FTC in international competition (which I can follow, I too cheer for, e.g. VHK in international competitions, but not in the danish league), what team(s) do you cheer for in your own competition (the hungarian league)?:)

Tomori story: too long to exlpain, you would not read it anyway. :) My short take on it: most of it was false perception of casual fans based on biased media personalities.

My favorite team is the New England Patriots. And that's an NFL team.:P So I do not cheer for teams in home competitions, but i love the play of some players and root for them:) Mostly just enjoy the games, and hoping to see new talents:)

Bonus: :D Currently I think Görbicz and Tomori are the 2 best Hungarian players. Görbicz's playmaking, and Tomori's work as an inside defender is a real treat to watch. Both has exceptional brain for the game.

Kismy
Regular

Postby Kismy » Mon May 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Galpa wrote:It works for me, 8 parts, you can download them parallel.

you're lucky. I always get error message ](*,)
beer kills slowly. but no problem, I have time.

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Galpa wrote:I have sometimes problems with FTC fans as they have many football hooligans on the matches

The same goes for Budućnost, as you might have noticed. :)

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:
Galpa wrote:I have sometimes problems with FTC fans as they have many football hooligans on the matches

The same goes for Budućnost, as you might have noticed. :)

There was a smaller incident in Veszprém too. Caused by Varvari. :D
I prefer tolerant fans who don't insult players and other supporters. Győr's fans have much more respect imo. But the situation is better at FTC than few years ago.

(Still. Albertsen after the final: Hungary must be a rich country, I've never been thrown with so much coins... :? )

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Kismy wrote:

Hmm, I don't know. Anyone else who tried it?
(I use Chrome if it helps...)

Necros

Postby Necros » Mon May 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Kismy wrote:

Works for me too, I'm using Firefox 3.6.28.

It's up on EHF tv too, no commentary: http://www.ehftv.com/ec/cwc/women/2011-12/video/002398
<- Zizi - 1000 goals (2010.01.27.) and counting! 8:) - Go Fradi! Image
12x Hungarian Champion, 3x Cup Winner's Cup winner & 1x EHF Cup winner, 2x Champion's League finalist, 2x CWC runner-up, 12x Hungarian Cup winner.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 pm

^ Works for me also, using Aurora 14.0a2.

zorasourit
Handball Fan-atic

Postby zorasourit » Mon May 07, 2012 8:31 pm

123123 wrote:I think the refs are a very subjective matter and we've each our own opinion. I think we should respect eachothers opinion and not form groups against eachother. I think it's a shame the refs was not on a level where we all could find what they did appreciable. I think it's a shame that it might happen the next match as well, but I hope the B-sisters will positively surprise those who're "afraid".

It will be close and entertaining, I am sure and that is where refereeing will become a factor - and if we are realistic, VHK will benefit from it since they can adjust themselves to refereeing more than FTC, simply based on the fact of having played more tight matches on this level, winning several of them.

In the meantime FTC's 2006 semi-final against then almost-mighty Zaporozhye came into my mind. Fradi won under great difficulties in Budapest and managed to draw in the Ukraine. I would be very, very content with a similar outcome this weekend.

One more point and I will be quiet for the rest of the week: we have the rare delight to have the two best teams of the tournament playing out the final in each of the three major cups (can't say anything about Challenge Cup), so we should try to enjoy these games as much as we can.

Kismy
Regular

Postby Kismy » Mon May 07, 2012 8:39 pm

Necros wrote:It's up on EHF tv too, no commentary: http://www.ehftv.com/ec/cwc/women/2011-12/video/002398

yep, thanks. I've already watched it

tekkie
Extra Member

Postby tekkie » Mon May 07, 2012 8:57 pm

zorasourit wrote:so we should try to enjoy these games as much as we can.

Oh finally, a glimmer of hope for handball in this thread. I thought everyone had gone into refereeing. ;)

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
It is amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Mon May 07, 2012 9:22 pm

zorasourit wrote:In the meantime FTC's 2006 semi-final against then almost-mighty Zaporozhye came into my mind. Fradi won under great difficulties in Budapest and managed to draw in the Ukraine.

And almost the same in the finals against Podravka: 1 goal victory at home court, 1 goal victory in Koprivnica.

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Oh right, that was the year ADH beat Zaporozhye, but later on Zaporozhye defeated Ikast. I think that was actually the year I came to this homepage, back when it was a Kometal Gj. P. international fan foum!:D

From the season before, there was also this match between FTC and GOG:
FTC - GOG 31-30
GOG - FTC 32-32

It's a bit strange that when the overall quality of the danish league decreased, the smaller danish teams had more success in Europe (Randers, Vejen and Tvis) despite being much worse than the era when a team like Randers had players like Lungu and a team like GoG had Kareeva, etc.

I hope this does not reflect that the overall quality of handball around the world has been diminishing.:-(

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Mon May 07, 2012 9:37 pm

123123 wrote: It made me wonder, since you guys seem to be both cheering for Györ and FTC in international competition (which I can follow, I too cheer for, e.g. VHK in international competitions, but not in the danish league), what team(s) do you cheer for in your own competition (the hungarian league)?:)

I am originally a Vasas supporter, but last time I was going to their matches was many years ago, when Tomori and Triffa played there (Mocsai on the bench). At the moment Vasas does not have a 1st league team. Vác is a very nice city, so I go there pretty often to see handball nowadays. But my heart is closest to the teams that have the highest number of NT players. Dunaferr was my 1st choice when they had Radulovics, Kulcsár, Ferling, etc., then Győr when they almost won the CL-trophy with a mostly Hungarian lineup, and today I cheer for FTC.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Mon May 07, 2012 10:50 pm

123123 wrote:From the season before, there was also this match between FTC and GOG:
FTC - GOG 31-30
GOG - FTC 32-32

There were three consecutive seasons when FTC met GOG (2004-07, the duel you wrote about was in EHF Cup 2004-05) and we kicked them out three times in a row. I suppose they had some Fradi phobia :-) Back to current CWC series: GOG had Inna Suslina as keeper those years and she returned to Népliget as a Rostov player in this season. Shall I say that, once again, she lost?

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue May 08, 2012 11:32 am

Having re-seen the 1st leg match, the refs weren't as bad as they first looked.
Only in the last 10 min they had slightly more mistakes favoring Viborg, especially the last attack was too "memorable" for everyone I think.
I still don't get how Gullden escaped a redcard (or even a 2min) when fouling Tomoris shooting hand from behind. That is a very dangerous move, Gullden shouldn't defend like this, it is absolutely disgusting.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Tue May 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Having re-seen the 1st leg match, the refs weren't as bad as they first looked.
Only in the last 10 min they had slightly more mistakes favoring Viborg, especially the last attack was too "memorable" for everyone I think.
I still don't get how Gullden escaped a redcard (or even a 2min) when fouling Tomoris shooting hand from behind. That is a very dangerous move, Gullden shouldn't defend like this, it is absolutely disgusting.

I also saw the match again and came to the same conclusion as you did. Those two suspensions in the very last attack were both wrong calls. Jurack is a bit of an actress ;) + Gulldén should have had a 2 min suspension for pulling Tomori´s arm. BUT there were wrong calls against Viborg as well, so even if the refs were not particularly good, the reactions against them is IMO very exaggerated.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue May 08, 2012 3:35 pm

red and white wrote: so even if the refs were not particularly good, the reactions against them is IMO very exaggerated.

I have to agree.

Kismy
Regular

Postby Kismy » Tue May 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Kismy wrote:you're lucky. I always get error message ](*,)

well, I solved =D> the Opera didn't like downloading

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Fri May 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Let's go to Denmark! :-)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:48 am

I read on twitter that 50 hungarians already arrived and started the party yesterday :D And that several hundred more was expected?

Great party and finalday to everyone 8:)

A video with Viborg girls making spass (apparently Chebbah is the best footballer but Althaus and Mikkelsen (?) seem to be the dancers of the team :p or maybe not ;) )

http://www.vhk.dk/default.aspx?ID=192&P ... ewsId=4727

Kismy
Regular

Postby Kismy » Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 am

masch1 wrote:A video with Viborg girls making spass (apparently Chebbah is the best footballer but Althaus and Mikkelsen (?) seem to be the dancers of the team :p or maybe not ;) )

maybe they're practicing the Swan Lake :lol:
I saw them playing football in Debrecen, Chebbah really good - but I'm prejudiced :D

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Kismy wrote:
masch1 wrote:A video with Viborg girls making spass (apparently Chebbah is the best footballer but Althaus and Mikkelsen (?) seem to be the dancers of the team :p or maybe not ;) )

maybe they're practicing the Swan Lake :lol:
I saw them playing football in Debrecen, Chebbah really good - but I'm prejudiced :D

Haha, yes could be the Swan Lake - Who would've thought Althaus was a ballet fan ;) :D

I had no idea Chebbah was good at football, but I'm not surprised :)

Return to “Female Handball”