EHF CL - Finals

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
John
:::Handball Expert:::

Re: EHF CL - Finals

Postby John » Sat May 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Esik wrote:I think Buducnost has a tough, often rough defense, and a boring and simple offense.

They insist on defence (Adzic). I wouldn't call their offence simple and boring, it's not perfect, but it's not bad. Just look at Bojana's passes, and the combination Bojana-Maja, Bojana-Ana Djokic, Bojana-Cvija, and very often Rada Miljanic. Bojana is the key player and that's the only reason that our offence is not simple and boring.

Esik wrote:Győr has a much more colourful offense, but they often refuse to defend.

Of course they do, they have the best playmaker in the world Anita Gorbicz. I enjoy watching her play. And of course there's Loke and Radicevic.
Yeah, their defence is not perfect.

Esik wrote:Both team can play better. Győr has better players, Buducnost can win as a team. In Moraca both team can win, perhaps even by double digit. So we will see what happens.

Yes they can.
Hm, Gyor only has better players on paper. Buducnost has better left and right back and left wing, goalkeepers are even, Gyor has better playmaker, right wing and pivot. So it's 4:4.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sat May 05, 2012 11:30 pm

John wrote:Hm, Gyor only has better players on paper. Buducnost has better left and right back and left wing, goalkeepers are even, Gyor has better playmaker, right wing and pivot. So it's 4:4.

Goalkeepers are even???
Since when is Woltering such a top class?
She has had a good year BEHIND the best (and roughest) defense of the League.
But that's all.
Haraldsen is nowadays the No.1 keeper of the world.
+ Pálinger is also way better keeper than C.W.

But it is not good to make these kind of comparisons, because Löke is on paper a better player than Cvijic, but in this duel so far Dragana has been the more useful one.

John

Postby John » Sat May 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Since when is Woltering such a top class?
She has had a good year BEHIND the best (and roughest) defense of the League.

Ok, i exaggerated a bit, but she's not far behind.
This year she showed more than Lunde and Palinger together.
And she's a key player for Germany NT.
Don't diminish her role.
She needed to find a team that would show her qualities, and she found it in Buducnost.
And showing those skills the first year in CL.. WOW. Standing ovation for her.
The best goalkeepr is by far Cecilie Leganger!

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am

John wrote:I predict that Katarina or Andjela Bulatovic will get a yellow card in the first five minutes. :P haha

Almost forgot: you're very good! Katarina got a yellow one after 2 minutes and 15 seconds! :lol:

John

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

Silviu wrote:Almost forgot: you're very good! Katarina got a yellow one after 2 minutes and 15 seconds! :lol:

Yeah. I laughed when I saw that. :D
She always get's one.
I also made a bet with my friend that Cvijic will be the first one to get excluded. Since Andjela wasn't playing Cvijic was my first choice.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Sun May 06, 2012 12:32 am

I can't resist not to mention how disgusting behavior Radičević had in this match.
I really can't understand her unnatural and artificial goal celebrations against her ex-club and compatriots.
Bojana (Viborg) and Maja (FCK) played against Budućnost in CL, and NEVER behaved in that way. And in 20 days she will play and fight with all these girls for the Olympic Games...
Shame on her :!: :thumbdown:

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 am

Bo$ko wrote:I can't resist not to mention how disgusting behavior Radičević had in this match.

I must say I don't agree with you, Boško.

She's a professional and should play against any team without emotions, including the one where she learned to play handball. We all know the way she celebrates after scoring a goal, so I don't see why she should keep the energy inside herself just because there are former teammates on the opposite side - especially because she doesn't do this to provoke someone as some tend to interpret it. IMO, it would negeatively reflect on her performance if she surpressed it.

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Sun May 06, 2012 12:49 am

Bo$ko wrote:I can't resist not to mention how disgusting behavior Radičević had in this match.
I really can't understand her unnatural and artificial goal celebrations against her ex-club and compatriots.
Bojana (Viborg) and Maja (FCK) played against Budućnost in CL, and NEVER behaved in that way. And in 20 days she will play and fight with all these girls for the Olympic Games...
Shame on her :!: :thumbdown:

I know it will sound a bit hypocritical saying this now, when only few weeks ago, when someone from Romania mentioned her behavior, I was thinking of defending her. I guess you can fully understand complaints only when it is against the team you are supporting. (Sandra Kolaković and her attitude against Buducnost when played for Kirm comes to mind tonight... she could really teach some manners to this girl) Really, really, really disappointed in her! She is born and raised in this town, really shameful. I still will greet her next week, cause she is still our girl and I won't forget all the good things she did for Buducnost and NT, but this changed the way I am looking at her! She definitively lost a fan here tonight!

John

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 12:52 am

I really can't understand her unnatural and artificial goal celebrations against her ex-club and compatriots

You're just like my aunt. :) She cursed her for celebrating her goals like that.
I don't know how to react to this situation, as I think that both you and Stefan are right. :?

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Sun May 06, 2012 1:25 am

Firstly, she has to learn what the "professional" means...
Honestly, I wasn't fan of her celebrating style. At the start it was sympathic, but I realized that she is provoking goalkeepers, bench players, opponents. It looked upseting for me, but okay, maybe it's just her style.
But when I saw today her frustrating-without-brain-goal-celebrations ... she can't be a professional at all :!:

Esik
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Esik » Sun May 06, 2012 3:10 am

jensm wrote:One of the best matches of the year, clash of titans.

Bojana clearly the best player 14 goals(2 7M-Thorws??) Gorbicz had twele but 6-7 from 7M-throw.

Bojana scored 3 penalties, and missed one. On the other hand, Görbicz made some incredible assists (5 or 6). The surprising part was her defense(well, she was not without mistakes of course, but neither was Bojana). Forced turn over fouls twice, and stole the ball a whopping 4 times. Once she simply stepped to Bojana and took the ball away from her. :) And you simply can not translate the fact that when Görbicz plays in the middle, the teams offense is much faster, simply because her passing speed is similar to men. Bojana and Görbe are playing a very different game, hard to compare. I would say both of them played on a similar level, well above the rest.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun May 06, 2012 7:46 am

She definitely is a top class keeper. However, Haraldsen is extra class.
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 am

Congratz Györ !

You will surely need those 2 extra goals in the return match though...last match looks to be a helluva thriller :)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Sun May 06, 2012 9:51 am

Germanicus wrote:

She definitely is a top class keeper. However, Haraldsen is extra class.

Woltering is topclass for years now. The problem is that Germany likes to push a medicore keeper like Schülke (I wouldn't tell you which club wants such an average keeper for it's team, too :D ) - just politics.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

klicko

Postby klicko » Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 am

So after so many years nothing new in handball .Popovic nr1 and Gorbitz nr 2 and all others so far away.Buducnost will win this because they have some players who cant play on low level like yesterday (bulatovich,cvijic ).Gyor played their normal game and i dont see that they can improve their game till sunday but who knows ,this is final.good luck to both teams

Django
Regular

Postby Django » Sun May 06, 2012 10:48 am

Well, it was the first Women's Handball game I watched deliberately, so I'm no expert here, but it was quite surprisingly a great pleasure to watch and definitely something I will return to. I have no idea what the result of the return match is going to be, but after watching the first game it seems to me thay Györ has superior players on the three most important positions (Goalkeeper, Pivot, Middleback), maybe that's going to give them an advance. Budocnost has Popovic 'though and worked better in defense.

Popovic is really going to end her career after this season? Why that? She's not that old and physically stronger than almost every other player, IMO she can play 3 or 4 more years at this level. She was exceptional and around classes better than each of her teammates. Györ has to find a way to stop her if they want to win.

Sill, I thought that Anita Görbicz was even more fun to watch. What an amazing player she is. There aren't too many men out there who are able to pass the way she does. Also, her throwing technique is amazing (same for Popovic).

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sun May 06, 2012 11:35 am

Django wrote:Sill, I thought that Anita Görbicz was even more fun to watch. What an amazing player she is. There aren't too many men out there who are able to pass the way she does. Also, her throwing technique is amazing (same for Popovic).

Plus, she plays amazingly as a left wing and middle back.

John

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Django wrote:but after watching the first game it seems to me thay Györ has superior players on the three most important positions (Goalkeeper, Pivot, Middleback), maybe that's going to give them an advance.

Dragana Cvijic didn't play the whole match. With her it would've been different. It's really hard to stop her, as you could've seen when she returned to the game Buducnost reduced Gyor's lead. Even the defence of Larvik couldn't stop her, and we all now how strong and agressive Larvik defence is. 3 fouls i think that resulted in 7m penalty were made on her in the last 10 minutes. Not to mention Cvija's role in defence. She's stopped Amorim from scoring at the end.
I think the refrees were a little hard on her, she didn't deserve the first exclusion.

Django wrote:Popovic is really going to end her career after this season?

We don't know that for sure. Let's wait and see. Hopefully she will stay, she proved she can do at least another year.

I read that Lunde had 20 saves and Woltering 16. So Woltering was PERFECT!

Silviu wrote:Plus, she plays amazingly as a left wing

Yes, she scores from impossible positions.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Sun May 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Well, I expected something like that from Bojana and Görbe! :) They are unstoppable.

It was a fantastic fight but I'm sorry for the end. We were leading by 5 most of the 2nd half. (Last few decisions of the refs were crucial I think but I wouldn't blame them!)

I don't agree with the opinion Győr played the maximum. We can improve a lot:
- better defence on Bojana, Cvijic
- Löke and Lekic should start to play...
- Vérten and Amorim had better games too

We should use the reserves more. (We won't I know)

The pressure is on Buducnost! ;)

I wish a perfect and happy birthday for Görbe next sunday! :p
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

John

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Galpa wrote:The pressure is on Buducnost! ;)

I wouldn't be sure of that.
2 goals is nothing, and we play at home.
With Andjela back, Cvijic also, and Katarina improving it will be tough for Gyor.
The defence was pretty good, but lots of mistakes in the offence and horrible 7m shoots.
I think the pressure is still on Gyor.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Sun May 06, 2012 2:24 pm

John wrote:
Galpa wrote:The pressure is on Buducnost! ;)

I wouldn't be sure of that.
2 goals is nothing, and we play at home.
With Andjela back, Cvijic also, and Katarina improving it will be tough for Gyor.
The defence was pretty good, but lots of mistakes in the offence and horrible 7m shoots.
I think the pressure is still on Gyor.

Buducnost has bigger chance now (60-40) because of the small advantage we managed to gain. (2 goals dif is nothing) You must win this in Moraca, that's the pressure! :) We just fight and hope! [-o< (In 2009 we won in Viborg but couldn't handle the pressure at home!)

P.S. About Jovanka: her celebration is really frustrating for the opponents I know. :p I don't think she wanted to insult her ex-teammates, that's normal for her to maintain her adrenalin. She is proud to be Montenegrin! You should be proud too because she is world class and plays for Crna Gora!

John

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Galpa wrote:Buducnost has bigger chance now (60-40) because of the small advantage we managed to gain. (2 goals dif is nothing) You must win this in Moraca, that's the pressure! :) We just fight and hope! [-o< (In 2009 we won in Viborg but couldn't handle the pressure at home!)

Well, i read the statements that Savic, Djokic and Adzic gave to vijesti.me, they all seem relaxed and very confident. Savic said she expected Buducnost to win, and that she's "satisfied" with the 2 goal defeat.
Adzic also said Katarina pulled out at the end, and that she will be better in the next match.

Esik
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Esik » Sun May 06, 2012 3:36 pm

klicko wrote:Gyor played their normal game and i dont see that they can improve their game

Except the fact this was one of the worst defensive games for Győr this year. And no production from Löke. Terrible game by Lekic. Meh by Vérten, Hornyák and Radicevic. Amorim was ok, but she played lot stronger games too. So nope.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Sun May 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Interesting addition:

Görbicz scored 25 goals from her last 25 7m throws in Champions League! ;)

And she has 124 total goals now!

(Löke 99 (2011), Varzaru 101 (2010), Jurack 113 (2009), Tóth 127 (2008), Popovic 96 (2007), Derepasko 86 (2006), Popovic, Logvin 85 (2005), Popovic 98 (2004))

John

Postby John » Sun May 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Galpa wrote:And she has 124 total goals now!

And I think that about 95 of those were from 7m throws. (this is me guessing, i didn't count).
Somebody stoooop her! :D

Return to “Female Handball”