Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
erich
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby erich » Sat May 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Rumour - After his return to tophandball coach Vestergaard (former Viborg HK - now FCM) is a hot topic in female handball - maybe he's a candidate in Olchim Valcea - where Radu Voina must be on the edge.. anybody with more information?



User avatar
treideca44
Extra Member
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 am
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby treideca44 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:54 pm

Just rumour :)

But I think that Voina will leave from Oltchim...he has problems with the health.

May be Krumbolz or Tirca :-??

User avatar
thomz
Extra Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby thomz » Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 pm

If FCM wins DM.. i think he could be prolonged.

erich
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby erich » Sat May 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Krumbholz - yes, but has he won aything as a club coach? Vestergaard has 2 or 3 CL titles.. In FCM he is assistent coach to Thomsen and I don´t think he wants to be an assistent :-)

User avatar
thomz
Extra Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby thomz » Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm

He can be headcoach and Helle assistant.. Because this is just temporarily.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Silviu » Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Three hours ago, after first round of EHF Cup final, it was a TV interview with Radu Voina. Asked by the reporter if the rumors are true, that he has an offer to continue next season to coach Oltchim, he avoided a straight answer and said: "What I can tell you for sure is, that after Olympics (if there will be Olympics for us) I will leave Romanian national team, no matter what".

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2936
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby mikh » Sat May 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Khrumbolz to Romania, or (almost) anywhere else than France is plain absurd. Stop mixing your wishes with the reality.

Tarzan
Rookie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:29 am

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Tarzan » Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 pm

Voina must leave Oltchim if they wants to have succes. They need someone with winning experience, someone who can manage the many stars. They also need to develope their game to be competetive with the other top teams.

Krumbholz is a good choice, a great coach. He had great results with France - fantastic defensive play, but poor in attack... He will have to give up coaching France - Oltchim need a coach with 100% focus on the team.

Vestergaard is a perfect match. He has won the CL two times. He made the stars in Viborg play as a team, and they played good in both attack and defense. If Oltchim could persuade him to go to Romania - it would be fantastic for them.

123123
Extra Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby 123123 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:24 am

With all respect, please remember that Valcea already have attempted a foreign coach with many CL trophies. I don't think one can just assume because a trainer have a lot of CL trophies and experience with a team consisting of stars, that it'll lead to success. The romanian mentality is a lot different from what most western european coaches are probably familiar with, and here I'm not addressing the mentality of the players on the field, but the board of directors, administration, etc.

Really, if Valcea wants experience, they should seek out a coach who are used to the type of pressure behind the scenes.

thomz wrote:He can be headcoach and Helle assistant.. Because this is just temporarily.

:shock: :? :oops: :roll: #-o ](*,)
Let's see, an imagined example of how that would go:

FCM: "Hey Helle, you know that promotion we got you?"

Helle: "Yes, are you guys going to talk about the good results FCM have achieved, winning the group, and winning away against RHK in the first semi, practically already in CL now?"

FCM: "Nah, you know that Jacob guy you managed to persuade to be your assistant coach independent of us?"

Helle: "Well yes, but please remember it's only temporary."

FCM: "Yeah, about that, we're depromoting you back to assistant coach and are going to give him your job, sorry about the false hope there."

Helle: "But why?"

FCM: "For the same reason we fired Ryan, we DISLIKE success, oh and we really appreciate how it was your work to get him to a position where we could give him your job, we couldn't do it without you."

:^o :lol:

User avatar
thomz
Extra Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby thomz » Sun May 06, 2012 10:35 am

123123 wrote:With all respect, please remember that Valcea already have attempted a foreign coach with many CL trophies. I don't think one can just assume because a trainer have a lot of CL trophies and experience with a team consisting of stars, that it'll lead to success. The romanian mentality is a lot different from what most western european coaches are probably familiar with, and here I'm not addressing the mentality of the players on the field, but the board of directors, administration, etc.

Really, if Valcea wants experience, they should seek out a coach who are used to the type of pressure behind the scenes.

thomz wrote:He can be headcoach and Helle assistant.. Because this is just temporarily.

:shock: :? :oops: :roll: #-o ](*,)
Let's see, an imagined example of how that would go:

FCM: "Hey Helle, you know that promotion we got you?"

Helle: "Yes, are you guys going to talk about the good results FCM have achieved, winning the group, and winning away against RHK in the first semi, practically already in CL now?"

FCM: "Nah, you know that Jacob guy you managed to persuade to be your assistant coach independent of us?"

Helle: "Well yes, but please remember it's only temporary."

FCM: "Yeah, about that, we're depromoting you back to assistant coach and are going to give him your job, sorry about the false hope there."

Helle: "But why?"

FCM: "For the same reason we fired Ryan, we DISLIKE success, oh and we really appreciate how it was your work to get him to a position where we could give him your job, we couldn't do it without you."

:^o :lol:



Great story... I'm just saying, it is not a fact that Helle still will be headcoach.

123123
Extra Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby 123123 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:57 am

I'm not intending on hi-jacking the topic, so unless I think it's really required, this will be my last post on this topic, sorry.

Thomz, you're an FCM-fan, as such I imagine you want what's best for the club, so please consider this. FCM is a club where trainers could have some of the world best player material and yet not deliver any trophies for years or even be that close. The typical danish club does in general (this season have been an exception though) not fire and hire a lot of times over a period of many years, in general there's a high level of job safety in Denmark. Finally, the part of the setup Thomsen - Vestergaard that is temporary is that Vestergaard will be there as assistant. FCM even announced when they fired Zinglersen, that they'd for a long time intended Thomsen to be the head coach and she was their long time plan. Because Thomsen gets in Vestergaard temporarily, to improve what she can deliver for her employer, does not mean you shoot yourself in the foot.

Seriously, if FCM goes through 4 coaches in a little more than a year, then they've reached such proportion that the worst boards of directors in clubs around the world would give an applause and salute.

No doubt Vestergaard is a great coach and one of the best in Denmark, but please remember that so far, he's only proven himself as headcoach when he had very strong player material. When the level of his material dropped, Viborg dissapointed and he ended up loosing his job. No doubt Vestergaard can give Thomsen that extra detail which might give FCM the danish title once again, but in all seriousness, by far most of the credit goes to Thomsen (and Zinglersen in my opinion).

User avatar
thomz
Extra Member
Posts: 275
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:54 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby thomz » Sun May 06, 2012 11:15 am

Yes, i see your point and i agree..

but i read this when Ryan got fired: "Helle Thomsen er FCMs cheftræner sæsonen ud, men det er endnu ikke besluttet, hvordan trænerteamet skal se ud i FCM i næste sæson."

and i have no clue what FCM management will do. I am not a big fan of the management, i don't think they are professional enough :)

Yes, let's just drop it, since this is a topic for Valcea.

123123
Extra Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:43 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby 123123 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:43 am

Oh, sorry about misunderstanding you then. I hadn't read that Thomsen was only temporary as well, I recalled something else.

Anyway, have a nice sunday.

erich
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby erich » Thu May 10, 2012 8:59 pm

Oh, I just heard that Voina probably is staying - is that the right desicion??

User avatar
LucianK
Extra Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:07 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby LucianK » Thu May 10, 2012 9:39 pm

erich wrote:Oh, I just heard that Voina probably is staying - is that the right desicion??


Ewww, i believe that Voina is the worst coach they could have chosen after all. He doesn't know how to prepare a match and during the time outs everything he says is something like "Oana, be more careful there.... Bulatovic comes and scores too easily..... In attack we must play faster and .... be more careful". His logic is somewhere on the floor; i really don't like him because he doesn't know how to coach and how to train the players: for exemple, the right backs - Geiger and Vizitiu. Geiger played in the few last months in Thuringer and she scored many goals because the coach knew how to play her. I've seen him being very dissapointed of Vizitiu but his advice for her was "What did you want to do?" and then he started to bark at her in a very rude way. (he got rid of her ultimately) He just doesn't know how to take advantage of his players' qualities. I hope this rumour is false, we really need a good coach next year if we want to win the CL.

User avatar
Des57
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1148
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Des57 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:54 pm

I really don't like Voina,but Oltchim had the best result with him.I think that playing the semis this year was best that the Romanian team could do with the level of players that they have in the team.Oltchim played in the semis without Jovanovic ,IMO best back of the team,with Bradeanu,Meirosu,Vizitiu,Soit that don't have the level needed to obtain the results that fans and board want.You can't say that Voina doesn't know how to train the team when your backs don't have the courage to shoot.Ozel can't play for the hole team.I think that we'll see if Voina is a good coach or not next year when he will have top players in the team.;)

User avatar
LucianK
Extra Member
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:07 pm
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby LucianK » Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Des57 wrote:I really don't like Voina,but Oltchim had the best result with him.I think that playing the semis this year was best that the Romanian team could do with the level of players that they have in the team.Oltchim played in the semis without Jovanovic ,IMO best back of the team,with Bradeanu,Meirosu,Vizitiu,Soit that don't have the level needed to obtain the results that fans and board want.You can't say that Voina doesn't know how to train the team when your backs don't have the courage to shoot.Ozel can't play for the hole team.I think that we'll see if Voina is a good coach or not next year when he will have top players in the team.;)


Have you seen any improvement in any of the players? I don't think so. RV is this kind of a second-hand coach who relies on the natural talent of its players only and does nothing when it comes to teaching them. Next year he will obviously get a much better result but i don't think it'll be thanks to him, but to the natural talent of Barbosa, Marija, Cristina, Allison, etc.

User avatar
Des57
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1148
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Des57 » Fri May 11, 2012 7:54 am

LucianK wrote:
Des57 wrote:I really don't like Voina,but Oltchim had the best result with him.I think that playing the semis this year was best that the Romanian team could do with the level of players that they have in the team.Oltchim played in the semis without Jovanovic ,IMO best back of the team,with Bradeanu,Meirosu,Vizitiu,Soit that don't have the level needed to obtain the results that fans and board want.You can't say that Voina doesn't know how to train the team when your backs don't have the courage to shoot.Ozel can't play for the hole team.I think that we'll see if Voina is a good coach or not next year when he will have top players in the team.;)


of a second-hand coach who relies on the natural talent of its players only and does nothing when it comes to teaching them. Next year he will obviously get a much better result but i don't think it'll be thanks to him, but to the natural talent of Barbosa, Marija, Cristina, Allison, etc.


I think that at this level a coach has other things to do than to teach Vizitiu,Meirosu,Soit,Babeanu how to shoot.This players have big deficiencyes begining from their junior period.If Oltchim gets a good result next year you should be happy even if it will be because of the players or coach.I say again that I don't like Voina,but you must see the hole picture.When your backs don't shoot it's hard to win CL.

Hense73
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: Cologne

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Hense73 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Voina should be out and they need a better coach.

If Voina stays as coach Valcea wil not win CL no matter how many new STARS they get next season.

So Gyor, Hypo, Buducnost do not need to worry at all next year, if he stays.

User avatar
treideca44
Extra Member
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 am
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby treideca44 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:15 pm

my sources from the members who works at Oltchim say that Voina will continue 99% in Valcea :(.
But is not 100% for sure, so, i still hope that Voina will leave.

Hense73 wrote:So Gyor, Hypo, Buducnost do not need to worry at all next year, if he stays.



Hypo ? :o :) :)

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Silviu » Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Des57 wrote:I think that at this level a coach has other things to do than to teach Vizitiu,Meirosu,Soit,Babeanu how to shoot.This players have big deficiencyes begining from their junior period.If Oltchim gets a good result next year you should be happy even if it will be because of the players or coach.I say again that I don't like Voina,but you must see the hole picture.When your backs don't shoot it's hard to win CL.

I second that. But unfortunately Meiroşu will stay in Vâlcea, because she is having a little affair with Mr. Roibu, the main sponsor of Oltchim. :(

erich
Regular
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby erich » Mon May 14, 2012 8:45 pm

I believe you are right "Regular" - i have heard that rumour too - but what the h... what they do in their sparetime is there business.. aren't they both married?? Voina seems to be a little bit to old for the job and he doesn't seem the sharp tool on the bench and in the timeouts..

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Silviu » Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 pm

erich wrote:I believe you are right "Regular" - i have heard that rumour too - but what the h... what they do in their sparetime is there business.. aren't they both married?? Voina seems to be a little bit to old for the job and he doesn't seem the sharp tool on the bench and in the timeouts..

Meiroşu is not anymore, she got divorced from Ovidiu Fiera. On her T-shirt it is written again "Meiroşu". Don't know about Roibu. There are also rumors that she is pregnant.
Of course, normally it's their business, but not if Meiroşu will stay in the team just because of their relationship, when any coach should kick her off in two minutes. But who knows? Oltchim's chance might be her pregnancy? 8:)

User avatar
Des57
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1148
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Location: Romania
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Des57 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Silviu wrote:
erich wrote:I believe you are right "Regular" - i have heard that rumour too - but what the h... what they do in their sparetime is there business.. aren't they both married?? Voina seems to be a little bit to old for the job and he doesn't seem the sharp tool on the bench and in the timeouts..

Meiroşu is not anymore, she got divorced from Ovidiu Fiera. On her T-shirt it is written again "Meiroşu". Don't know about Roibu. There are also rumors that she is pregnant.
Of course, normally it's their business, but not if Meiroşu will stay in the team just because of their relationship, when any coach should kick her off in two minutes. But who knows? Oltchim's chance might be her pregnancy? 8:)

I find it hard to belive it.From what i know Roibu is much older than Meirosu.
Maybe they think that she can improve.She's tall but....i don't think she will improve or she can help the team to win the cl title

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 1144
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 am
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Coach Vestergaard up for Valcea?

Postby Silviu » Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 am

Des57 wrote:I find it hard to belive it.From what i know Roibu is much older than Meirosu.

Yes, he is. But their relationship is well known in Vâlcea. One of my friends saw them together at a club's party. Again, normally it is not my business, I wish them all the best, but I am sure she will remain part of the team just because of him. And that is not normal, it's the coach who should decide.


Return to “Female Handball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stilo and 6 guests