2019 Women's WCh (Japan)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
anthony33
Regular

Re: 2019 Women's WCh (Japan)

Postby anthony33 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Very funny that Romanian fans are claiming ref mistakes whereas they are actually in the main round thanks a referee mistake :D

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:15 pm

Rostovfan wrote:Great win Russia! No chance for Romania. =D>

A bit cocky, but sure. I wouldn't go as far as saying no chance. For 43 mins this was a tight game, so "no chance" sounds a bit overly confident.

Rostovfan wrote:It's very strange to argue on referees from match with Russia, when your players use 5 steps to shoot like in the last attack from match with Hungary.

Sure, all the time. In fact they don't even know the rules. It's much better when RUS does football style interceptions and instead of receiving 2 mins for the deliberate gesture, they get to score the FB.
Or when there's no consistency on refereeing the LP.
Or when the RUS LP is 1m inside the area, but she receives the penalty :-D

Not saying RUS won it because of that, but for completeness sake, let's mention all the mistakes that were made, in both directions.

Good luck to RUS for making it at least to the final, and avoiding the tough OQTs.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:19 pm

anthony33 wrote:Very funny that Romanian fans are claiming ref mistakes whereas they are actually in the main round thanks a referee mistake :D

Right you are Sir. We ALL know that ROU is the referees' sweet heart. Much like vs CZE in the last WCh, no?
Romanian fans from this forum who understand handball already admitted that there was a ref mistake in that last action vs HUN. What should happen now? ROU should get only crap decisions until the end of the competition just because of that?

Thomas Ryde is a super cool and civilised guy, but even he lost it today. He went to the refs and told them they decreased their level in the 2nd half. Which is true. RUS won because they deserved it. And that's that.

There have been many bad decisions in this Wch, and that's reflective of the quality of the refs. It's a problem we've been pointing to for many years now. Every team has had moments when they benefitted from that and moments when they felt agrieved.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:52 pm

I didn't watch Hungary-Romania and i didn't watch Romania-Russia but in one thing i'm sure... the refereeing on this WCh is absolutely awful. And it's not just this WCh, the level of refereeing in general dropped in every competition, global and continental, club and NT.
And it's not like it's a one, two mistakes, but a lot of mistakes that can affect the result and the player's morale.
Something must be done here, for example.. have a challenge like in tennis, where each team can have 2 challenges in each half to check for referee mistakes. I think that would be the best solution instead of just having to look at video repeat everytime someone says the referees made a mistake.

And based on the amount of correct challanges the referees should be picked or not picked for the next competition or other matches.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:41 pm

I wonder what's the vetting process for the refs that get seelcted for these competitions. Some of them simply can't follow a high paced match, hence the errors.
It feels like women's handball is the testing place where they train and select refs for the men's CL.
Just compare with the men ECh which will start in January and we'll see the difference in quality of refereeing!
Btw, what happened to that TV review process that they were using during the ECh and the last WCh?

Ingriface
Regular

Postby Ingriface » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 pm

mikh wrote:I wonder what's the vetting process for the refs that get seelcted for these competitions. Some of them simply can't follow a high paced match, hence the errors.
It feels like women's handball is the testing place where they train and select refs for the men's CL.
Just compare with the men ECh which will start in January and we'll see the difference in quality of refereeing!
Btw, what happened to that TV review process that they were using during the ECh and the last WCh?

That's a pattern we've seen the last few years. The women deserve top level refs, using them as practice is really degrading.
:idea:

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Rostovfan wrote:It's very strange to argue on referees from match with Russia, when your players use 5 steps to shoot like in the last attack from match with Hungary.

what's even more funny is this coming from somebody who can't count the steps of Vyakhireva who is constantly travelling (but don't worry, the refs don't know to count her steps too and this happens for Fraga Fernandez or Oftedal etc so we should cut this rule from the book :lol: )

anthony33 wrote:Very funny that Romanian fans are claiming ref mistakes whereas they are actually in the main round thanks a referee mistake :D

so in both of you guys' logic if some refs screwed things up in favor of ROU or any other team, then they can't complain about some other refs who screwed things up against them? :lol: :lol: :lol:
well that's why EHF and IHF don't even bother to fix the damn refereeing! :lol: cause there is always balance in this Universe. today I am getting screwed, but I'll just have to wait for tomorrow cause another idiot will s**t on some other people's work. go and tell that to Vardar or MNE fans! =D> =D> =D> (and not only cause I have more of this)
Live long and prosper.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:36 pm

No one dare to open a topic " President Cup " ? ! #-o

France - Hungary 21-26 (12-12)

France had choose " the Hospital " instead of... " Ball " ...

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 pm

actually it's the other way around...
check again. :D
do you realize the non-Romanian users are not familiar with those words of wisdom? :D
Live long and prosper.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:31 am

Had ihf said something abiut russia situation?
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Rostovfan

Postby Rostovfan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:47 am

Managarova was today unstoppable as all Russian team.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:00 pm

The most embarassing is that there is no consistence of the referee pairs. Every pair is doing their own style. Even couples that have a very good reputation are doing curious false calls. What`s obvious - they all seem to have forgot their yellow cards, many couples give 2-minutes-suspensions where you expect a warning and give even a red card (like the romanians against Radojevic vs Germany) for something that is maximum a 2-minute-suspension... On the other hand you have couples that allow nearly everything like the Bonaventuras...
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

John

Postby John » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Can we guess the All Star team:

My guess:

GK: Silje Solberg
LW: Camilla Herrem
LB: Lois Abbingh
PM: Yaroslava Frolova or Stine Bredal Oftedal
LP: Dragana Cvijic or Sladjana Pop Lazic
RB: Ryu Eun-hee
RW: Jovanka Radicevic

Best defender: Anna Sen
MVP: Yaroslava Frolova or Stine Bredal Oftedal

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:08 pm

John wrote:Can we guess the All Star team:

My guess:

GK: Silje Solberg
LW: Camilla Herrem
LB: Lois Abbingh
PM: Yaroslava Frolova or Stine Bredal Oftedal
LP: Dragana Cvijic or Sladjana Pop Lazic
RB: Ryu Eun-hee
RW: Jovanka Radicevic

Best defender: Anna Sen
MVP: Yaroslava Frolova or Stine Bredal Oftedal

It's too early ,let's wait semis and try to be more objective.

John

Postby John » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Doru Delavale wrote:and try to be more objective.

More objective like putting Neagu as the best LB :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:32 pm

John wrote:
Doru Delavale wrote:and try to be more objective.

More objective like putting Neagu as the best LB :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I try to say you something in diplomatically style ...but on the other hand I must say I am immune to such taunting remarks... :D

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:51 am

Congrats Holland,the better team.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:39 pm

I haven't seen any games today, but what results... Congrats to NED and ESP, who would have thought such a final is possible :D :D

Faith
Extra Member

Postby Faith » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:40 pm

...IHF Executive Committee decided to suspend Mr Kim Rasmussen from any handball coaching activities on national and international level with immediate effect and to refer the case related to his behaviour to the IHF Ethics Commission for further action, if applicable.

https://www.ihf.info/media-center/news/ ... -suspended

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:41 pm

Gojira wrote:I haven't seen any games today, but what results... Congrats to NED and ESP, who would have thought such a final is possible :D :D

Me neither, except second half of Spain- Norway ... interesting no one has the daring ideea of "betting" semis on forum ... :lol:
Last edited by Doru Delavale on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Faith wrote:
...IHF Executive Committee decided to suspend Mr Kim Rasmussen from any handball coaching activities on national and international level with immediate effect and to refer the case related to his behaviour to the IHF Ethics Commission for further action, if applicable.

https://www.ihf.info/media-center/news/ ... -suspended

What the .....k ? ....The man only decompress somehow... ! :lol:

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:49 pm

My "bet" :

NORWAY - Rossia

SPAIN - Holland

Romania will play against Rossia and Muntenegru in OQG.

Doru Delavale
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Doru Delavale » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Even big,big teams like Norway,Holland and Spain can slip down on a very low level on a hard tough ,decisive match when the score is pressing....they look like they forgot handball on that moments... :-k This confirm once again handball has much to do to mental aspects.More then other sport (rugby,polo,tennis,footbal,basketball or voleyball)...because of dynamics,frequence of goals,roughness,importance of referees decisions,and because is a team play ...all aspect beeing made together on high intensity and the tiny detail can cause an "earthquake"...

On the other hand curious that Spain suffered one harsh defeat [against Russia and horrible fall down ag Sweeden] and Holland more defeats. (...until big final) and who apparently won everything, Russia, and have not serious periods of fall down ,now is out.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:22 am

People blaming martin for today defeat in russia press

Well the only mistake he made was clearly not changing keeper in the first half

Dutch back court was amazing,maybe sen and makeeva could had done better in defense but the big problem was
Russia keepers.

Anyway dmitrieva will be back for the olympics and that will be a different story.

France and Russia one of them will be olympic champion.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Hergeirsson was right after all...

He and our federation had only a goal to get Olympic Qualification matches...nothing more this WC. Norwegians however were expecting a gold, but that was way unrealistic missing so many important players.

I get it now :) Remove only one important player from any of the big teams, they would not be able to fight for gold either. Like Toft from Denmark, VYAKHIREVA from Russia, Abbingh for the Dutch, Neagu etc. It is basically impossible, but you can get a decent standing ofc :)

So tomorrow our rookies will meet the very best team this WC, Russia. I guess it will be a slaughter house, and painful to watch...will watch it though :)

We are proud of you girls, and top 4 is amazing this WC, don't worry, no tears for that. It's perfectly fine :)

Return to “Female Handball”