HANDBALL123.COM

A GATHERING PLACE FOR TRUE HANDBALL FANS
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: ZRK Vardar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 pm 

Well rich Russian owner Sergej Samsonenko said this. To win CL before 2015/2016.

New players so far:

Andrea Lekic (SRB)
Jovanka Radicevic (MNE)
Begona Fernandez (ESP)
Amandine Leynaud (FRA)
Tatiana Khmyrova (RUS)
Maja Zebic (CRO)
Julija Nikolic (MKD)

Vardar are interested to steal players like Katarina Bulatovic (MNE) and Camila Dalby (DEN) from Gyor.

Players who will stay in Vardar: Suslina (RUS), Pecovska (MKD), Pires Da Rocha (BRA) and maybe Klikovac MNE).

Last edited by ZRK Vardar on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm 
Extra Member

Who is your left back? Andrea Lekic, or do you sign other player? :)
You have already Khmyrova and Nikolic as playmaker. Lekic is away from Győr, because she wants to play only as a playmaker (or centre back :D).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:54 pm 
Extra Member

@ZRK Vardar,

a lot of enthusiasm there, but nothing more, so far. Maybe in the long, long term they can become the best team in the world.
To have one of the players doesn't mean to be also the best. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm 

Vardar are not done with signings. Will be at least 4-5 before season 2013/2014. So no worrys 8:)

French GK will join Vardar 2013/2014.

Vardar new sponsor is Russian Sergej Samsonenko. Budget will be about 3.200.000 euros per year.

Few days ago so started the construction of a new arena in Opstina Aerodrom where Vardar will play. Sergej is the investor of the new arena + hotel next to arena 40 milion euros) as well. Thats is probably A proof that ZRK Vardar is a long term project for mister Sergej Samsonenko.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:00 pm 
Handball Fan-atic

You know that in the male handball section there is a topic with a similar name "A.G. Handball will be the best handball team in the world".We know how that ended. :) Maybe you should have chosen a different name for this new one :) It will be nice having a good Macedonian team in CL.It's much more fun watching a game from Podgorica,Budapest,Valcea or Skopje.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:19 pm 
Regular

I Thing Players who will stay in Vardar is-Dmitrovic,Lojpur,Klikovac,Manevska ,Suslina,Peceska maybe Vinogradova Olga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm 

ZRK Vardar wrote:

Nice design concept. But do the designer know that a basketball court is smaller than a handball court? HAHA. That's a FAIL for the designer team.

Anyway. I think too that Vardar will be one of the strongest teams in the world's women handball. May I ask you a question? How will the team supporters adapt to the fact that 90% of the team will be foreign players? Even Győr has only 6 foreigners, and it's treated by some hungarians as a "non-so-hungarian" team. (Frequently compared with FTC, which has only 2 foreigners of whom one speak hungarian well.) I know that Macedonians are very fanatic supporters, so I'm interested in that question.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:47 pm 
Handball Fan-atic

Usually I don't like to comment such a monumental projects, but now I want to write few words.

In respect of economical and financial background, I think that the project of Vardar seem very serious, much more than any project related to Oltchim (e.g.) was. The new club owner Samsonenko is a strong, very strong market player and I hardly believe that his sponsoring concern is able to bankrupt or get into serious money problems. That means I see just a lack of his personal interest and motivation in handball as the only reason of his cut-off from this project in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 pm 

Wel the court will look different in reality. Thats just an mistake.

Picture of Sergej:

Construction has started and you can follow this on this web and forum http://www.build.mk/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm 

Think nobody cares that most of the players will be foreigners and I guess a few of them will become Macedonian in the future :lol:

Yep. Money aint any problem for Sergej. 3.2 milion euros per year is in reality small money for mister Samsonenko.

Even 40 milion euros for the new arena and hotel seems to be no big deal for Samsonenko.

His business is stable so no financial danger. As someone told as long he is interested will be no problems. And no one build a new arena for a 3 year project thats prity obvious, this will last for at least 10 years, maybe more.

This man any reason wants attention in Macedonia. What might be the reason, I do not know. He did even talk about a Macedonian hockey team in KHL league, at first.

Than he figured out that handball is more popular in Macedonia. But also cheaper especially female handball.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 pm 
Handball Fan-atic

Caaareful there on handball bubbles!
There are several "best handball teams" in the world that don't exist anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:28 pm 

AG, Slagelse, and you Romanian team. All had owners who wanted to make profit and is not easily in handball.

This man wants to spend money. Thats an huge difference. He is not looking for back up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm 
Extra Member

ZRK Vardar wrote:
AG, Slagelse, and you Romanian team. All had owners who wanted to make profit and is not easily in handball.

Don't talk what you don't know...
The "Romanian team"(assuming that you are referring to Oltchim Ramnicu Valcea) didn't want to make profit. Their financial problems appeared because the main sponsor(Oltchim Ramnicu Valcea - one of the largest chemical companies in Southeastern Europe, which created the team almost 40 years ago and was the main sponsor all the time) is in a big financial crisis and cannot afford spending money in any area, so they retired from sponsoring the handball team. And it is not so easy to find new sponsorships because Valcea county is one of the poorest in Romania.

Last edited by madu on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:49 pm 

Sorry, forgive me. Thought Oltchim wos a one man show too.

AG Handball had a rich owner but not rich enough to make the best team in the world. He did not get the back up he wanted.

So ZRK Vardar owner can not be compared with former AG owner. Since ZRK Vardar owner has money to spend and will hardly effect his business. This is small money for him.

Therefore, this project is more stable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 pm 
Extra Member

ZRK Vardar wrote:

Only time will tell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:07 pm 
Handball Fan-atic

ZRK Vardar wrote:

1. Samsonenko's money is stable.
2. His thinking is stable so far.
3. Nothing more related to Vardar is stable.

CONCLUSION: In fact, I must correct my previous words. I wouldn't say a word about the stability of the "project", because the project is equal to only person. If he quits, Vardar is buried again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 pm 
Extra Member

think its a bit too early. i mean this optimistic. we will all see whats gonna happen. and thats all. to be honest, the title of this topic.. well a bit pathetic. im happy if the Macedonian female handball will be back on track but not with this parvenu style.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:41 pm 
Regular

well Lekic was really bad at Győr from beginning to end now if she can play on her real positions or as where she wants to, i can only look forward how will she meet the expected level.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm 

Wbk wrote:
ZRK Vardar wrote:

1. Samsonenko's money is stable.
2. His thinking is stable so far.
3. Nothing more related to Vardar is stable.

CONCLUSION: In fact, I must correct my previous words. I wouldn't say a word about the stability of the "project", because the project is equal to only person. If he quits, Vardar is buried again.

True thats the reality. If Sergej leave thats that.

But why everybady is so negative about this ?. We should not think about the worst even before it has started.

Post subject: Re: ZRK Vardar
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm 

New name. Hopes it suits better. ZRK Vardar.

I opened the topic so we can collect all the information at one place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 am 
Extra Member

Well, now that there is a topic for this, I guess I could say a few things...
Where to start...
First of all, Zebic and Khmyrova have NOT signed with Vardar yet...So, don't count them as part of next year's team just yet...
As for the fact that most of the players will be foreigners, I don't think that anyone will mind...It's been years since we've had CL games in Skopje, and everyone is thirsty for some CL action...Of course we would prefer Macedonians to play for Vardar, but we all know that at what level Macedonian handball is at at the moment. Vardar brought back Nikolic, Pecevska and Crvenkovska - probably the only Macedonian players that are worth something...The rest of the NT players are playing in Metalurg and their ambitions are equal to zero - as you could all see from Metalurg's results in the CL qualifications and from the latest results of the NT...So really, there is no point in signing them if they want Vardar to have any success...Besides, the foreigners are from generally 'friendly' countries like Serbia and Montenegro...
I do believe that they will not make the same mistake as Kometal - this time they are also going to put some money and effort in the younger players, so that in few years, we will have some really good Macedonian players, and hopefully, there will be more Macedonians than foreigners in the first team of Vardar...That's of course, looking at things on the long run...
And @ZRK Vardar , people are not negative about this, you are way TOO positive...I'm more than glad that this is happening, but it seems to me like you (and some other people here in MKD) are expecting Vardar to win the CL next year...All I'm saying is, no need to rush...And don't have too high expectations...It takes time...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 am 
Handball Fan-atic

The project seems pretty exciting! :D Hopefully this is what is needed to save Macedonian female handball, because the state of it has been pretty bad since Kometal Gj. P. went down. Of course I understand all the sceptics, but lets give this Vardar team the benefit of the doubt. As for the team consisting of only foreigners - well you can´t really have an ambitious team made up by Macedonian players. As already pointed out there are perhaps only three decent Macedonians and they are already in the team.

The only thing I wonder about is why this rich Russian guy wants to invest in Vardar and not a club in his own country Russia.. :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:19 am 

red and white wrote:
The only thing I wonder about is why this rich Russian guy wants to invest in Vardar and not a club in his own country Russia.. :?

Hard to tell. No one really know at this point. The guy shows up from nowhere feels a bit strange. Probably there is an ulterior motive to this, future will tell. Maybe wants to become Skopje mayor just as Kometal owner Trifun Kostosvki :lol: .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 am 

ZRK Vardar wrote:
red and white wrote:

Hard to tell. No one really know at this point. The guy shows up from nowhere feels a bit strange. Probably there is an ulterior motive to this, future will tell. Maybe wants to become Skopje mayor just as Kometal owner Trifun Kostosvki :lol: .

What kind of business this Russian guy runs in Macedonia, in what industry he is operating?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 am 
Handball Fan-atic

red and white wrote:

I heard his first plan was to build the strong club in St.Petersburg on the ground of defunct Kirovchanka. But there is lack of interest in handball in St.Petersburg (soccer Zenit, icehockey SKA, etc.) and the big competition in women's handball Superleague, so the chances of the new club to make a breakthrough into the ChL f.e. wouldn't be that clear and easy in Russian conditions.

Bob Rock wrote:
What kind of business this Russian guy runs in Macedonia, in what industry he is operating?

Betting (primarily).