CL 2006 - 1/4 finals

Postby Goran » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:52 pm

So, the pairs are:

[align=center]Astroc - Kometal
Viborg - Slagelse
Lada - Krim
Aalborg - Hypo
[/align]
My prediction from this distance is that Kometal, Slagelse and Hypo are safe to proceed to the semis, while Krim is the team to proceed in the very tight matchup against Lada.
[align=justify]Can someone Spanish tell us the first seven of Astroc, and the best players from the bench?
How about you guys from Montengro and Norway, you sure know what were the best players of the team that proceeded from your gruop.[/align]

OneBYOne
Extra Member

Re: CL 2006 - 1/4 finals

Postby OneBYOne » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Goran wrote:So, the pairs are:

Astroc - Kometal
Viborg - Slagelse
Lada - Krim
Aalborg - Hypo

My prediction from this distance is that Kometal, Slagelse and Hypo are safe to proceed to the semis, while Krim is the team to proceed in the very tight matchup against Lada.

What makes you sure of that!? Slagelse - Viborg, that one will be tight! Aalborg will smash Hypo with no problems, I mean look at the players on each team, and what they've managed. Hypo has played very unstabile this season, while Aalborg has had some good results, and if they hadn't been so unlucky, they'd have won their group with ease!

Lada-Krim won't be tight, Krim will win, with no problems, remember Krim was number 1, which means they've the advantage.

Astroc-Kometal can be very interesting since the only team that really have been able to smash down Valencia was Byaasen, and the style Kometal is very different.

jgomsi

Postby jgomsi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:03 pm

Goran wrote:Can someone Spanish tell us the first seven of Astroc, and the best players from the bench?

Right now the play mainly with these 8 players:
Eli López, Cuadrado, Pinedo, De Sousa, Oncina, Barbosa, Aguilar and Puche.
The girls in the bench can sometimes have their day: Saric, Andreu, Sakada, Navarro (gk), Benzal (7 m.) and Gavidia (was injured).

What about Kometal?

Jessen
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Jessen » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:15 pm

Viborg - Slagelse

Astroc - Kometal

Aalborg - Hypo

Lada - Krim

I think Slagelse and kometal are sure of getting in the semi's, Kometal for sure! NO problems there. 8:)

Slagelse have to kick some a*** against VHK, but i think A.A's troups will win!

Aalborg -Hypo, I think it's open, with Aalborg as slight favorites...butonly if they can controle Logvin, and it's a competition of it's own... :roll:

Lada - Krim, i think this is the best and most interesting game of them all, Krim, is really getting on a difficult lesson, but surprizing i have Lada as favorites :shock: :lol:

yabbagabb
Extra Member

Postby yabbagabb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:21 pm

OneBYOne,u r absolutely biased and your predictions are full of emotions so i rather wouldn't dispute with you but i have to tell you that this aalborg couldn't win their group anyway rather they can thank God they could qualify.
my predictions:

slagelse - (for sure) maybe the results won't be +6 for sla but it won't be a question for a moment that which team would go through.
kometal (probably)
hypo (probably)
lada - could be very close and it's just rather a tipp but my vote goes for lada

Goran

Postby Goran » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:40 pm

jgomsi wrote:
Goran wrote:Can someone Spanish tell us the first seven of Astroc, and the best players from the bench?

Right now the play mainly with these 8 players:
Eli López, Cuadrado, Pinedo, De Sousa, Oncina, Barbosa, Aguilar and Puche.
The girls in the bench can sometimes have their day: Saric, Andreu, Sakada, Navarro (gk), Benzal (7 m.) and Gavidia (was injured).

What about Kometal?

Can you give us the positions of the players you mentioned (if its not too much trouble)

About Kometal...
Goalkeepers:
Lukovic and Kolesnik (both were starters on some matches)

Backs: OZEL-playmaker, PORTJANKO-left, LOKI - right back, Bujanova, A. Amorim, and the new player E. Amorim

Pivots: PLATON, Nahcivanli

Wings: RADULOVIKJ-left, TODOROVSKA-right, Rayhel

The others don't play much. Capital letters mean starting lineup. But now, I can't be sure about E. Amorim, she played instead Portjanko yesterday and scored 7 goals.

slagelsefan
Extra Member

Postby slagelsefan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:44 pm

Hmm.

1. I believe Slagelse will come out on top with Viborg, but I think it'll be close. I just can't predict how the matches will go, because Viborg was easily defeated by Slagelse in Viborg last time, so I think they'll be screaming for revenge while Slagelse won't be so hungry. That said, I don't think Viborg will really get over their crisis soon enough to beat a team like slagelse.

2+3. If they continue to play as they've been playing, Kometal and Aalborg should defeat Astroc and Hypo - Kometal should win both matches, while Aalborg should win it through a substantial homewin.

4. Lada-Krim, hmmm. I just can't see Lada losing in Togliatti - but I think they'll only win by a few. So can Krim win in Ljublijana by more than a few goals? Yes and no O:) 8-[ ... that's really hard to predict, IMO.

ozi
Very Important Member

Postby ozi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:00 pm

I know that Astroc had big help from the referees so . . .

They play very fast with lots of counteratacks mainly thanks to one of the fastest players there is Oncina. She is the best player on the field and Puche is also pretty good. GK is one that holds that team together. I forgot the names of the black players, they seem pretty good at first sight but once you figure out that they know only one king of shot, your players won't have any trouble stoping them. The rest of the team is not quality for any euro cup. But look after Oncina and mainly beware f the GK, if she has a good day, than Kometal will be in trouble. But on the other hand Kometal is not inexpirienced team as Buducnost and Byaasen this year so they should not be frighten of this team.

P.S. I did not see Tihana Saric she played all together 10min against buducnost and Hypo (the matches I had seen), so this does not aply to her. But with her height she does look scary on the court.

Astherion
Extra Member

Postby Astherion » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:16 pm

Did she play well?Unfotunately she has no experience in Cl.It may be a problem for her .

Goran wrote:But now, I can't be sure about E. Amorim, she played instead Portjanko yesterday and scored 7 goals.
La saviesa ens arriba quan ja no ens serveix de res.

entrenador

Postby entrenador » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:25 pm

Goran wrote:
Can you give us the positions of the players you mentioned (if its not too much trouble)

Goalkeeper:Eli López,
Pivote:Cuadrado, Saric
Wings: Pinedo, Oncina,
Backs: Barbosa, Aguilar and Puche

As a team Astroc will not be problem for Kometal, but there are some individual players who are good: goalkeeper Lopez, Oncina excellent wing and defence player, Barbosa and Aguilar are fast but they comit to many mistakes...

Cuadrado as pivot is totally harmless, not so good in defence, comits to many mistakes and her only function is to open a space for backs, other pivote is far more dangerous: Saric - excellent in defence, player with most defensive blockades, the best shot statistic and in my opinion the best moving on the court ( only game in this season when Saric played whole match Astroc won Elda in Spanish Supercup match ) but Kometal shouldn't worry because coach Mayo likes Cuadrado and she will be in play no matter what...
This is a reason why probably Saric will leave the club and I understand her tottaly...

In one sentence Kometal is far better and far experienced as a team and as an individual players and Astroc doesn't have a chance.
I cheer for Spanish clubs and I will cheer for Astroc to, but to go thorough to semifinals Astroc needs more then a miracle...
Last edited by entrenador on Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

euskadi commander
Kometal Fan

Postby euskadi commander » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:54 pm

Viborg – Slagelse:

I never had faith in Viborg’s qualities (this season) and although I would support them against Slagelse, I think it is clear that Slagelse will go in the semi-finals.

Aalborg – Hypo:

Interesting match-up. I think Aalborg are slightly better (more quality) team, but Hypo is HYPO and whoever thinks that it will be easy for any of Hypo’s opponents, I think he is kidding his selve. I would go with Hypo here.

Astroc Sagunto – Kometal Gjorče Petrov:

By quality, Kometal is anounced as a favourite from (almost) everyone. But tradition is not on our side. Kometal was eliminated 3 times from the team from Valencia (in 3 possible times). Our team is not so experienced as our last year’s team, not even the first seven. But still, I think it will be a real shame if we do not beat Sagunto this time. It is a great opportunity!

Krim – Lada:

I don’t know really. I sympatize the young team of Lada, but I would like to see Krim-Slagelse clash in the semi-finals. I think Krim had slightly better chances.

OneBYOne
Extra Member

Postby OneBYOne » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:12 pm

yabbagabb wrote:OneBYOne,u r absolutely biased and your predictions are full of emotions so i rather wouldn't dispute with you but i have to tell you that this aalborg couldn't win their group anyway rather they can thank God they could qualify.
my predictions:

slagelse - (for sure) maybe the results won't be +6 for sla but it won't be a question for a moment that which team would go through.
kometal (probably)
hypo (probably)
lada - could be very close and it's just rather a tipp but my vote goes for lada

What are you talking about!? Please point out where I show emotions.

Volgograd - Aalborg, Volgograd was lucky to get a draw
Aalborg - Gyor, no doubt in that match
Aalborg - Kometal, Aalborg was in front in the whole game, so no doubt there neithter
Kometal - Aalborg, Kometal was in fron in the whole game, so no doubt there neither
Aalborg - Volgograd, no doubt in that match
Gyor - Aalborg, if it wasn't for the very poor judges, Aalborg would have won, they played a lot better than kometal did in the same match (Gyor - Kometal).

So again I ask, what are you talking about?

yabbagabb
Extra Member

Postby yabbagabb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:23 pm

what are you talking about?who was unlucky with refs were kometal and they had a terrible first half but still they could beat eto in győr and that is what aalborg couldn't achieved against an absolutely overloaded,poor and hospital-method playing eto.
that is why i didn't want this dispute...

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:34 pm

euskadi commander wrote:
Astroc Sagunto – Kometal Gjorče Petrov:

By quality, Kometal is anounced as a favourite from (almost) everyone. But tradition is not on our side. Kometal was eliminated 3 times from the team from Valencia (in 3 possible times). Our team is not so experienced as our last year’s team, not even the first seven. But still, I think it will be a real shame if we do not beat Sagunto this time. It is a great opportunity!

Forget the tradition - Kometal is much better than Astroc. The only way for you to lose is to have a total blackout of a game (something like SCG vs Austria from WC 2003).
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

martinmk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby martinmk » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:09 pm

My oppinion is the next:

Krim-Lada
I think that Krim will go trough, Lada has good team but Krim is Krim. They also had the advantage of playing the rematch on homecourt.

Viborg-Slagelse
Slagelse is sure in this duel. They are more quality team and Anja wouldn't permit to lose from Viborg.

Aalborg-Hypo
This match is maybe the most equalised. Aalborg is maybe more quality team but Hypo is playing the rematch home and Prokop will do everything (you know what I mean) Hypo to go in the next round. I think this will be fight of the Danish and Austrian lobby.

Kometal-Astroc Sagunto
Kometal is also sure for the next round. The rematch is playing in Kale and Kometal is way more quality then Astroc. Despite the other oppinions I think that Kometal won't have any problems with the Spanish team and I think that they will win on the two matches.

Goran

Postby Goran » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:15 pm

OneByOne, you are on thin ice here... You are saying Kometal was not good, but they win, and Aalborg was good but they lost.

Refereeing is your argument, but that "fact" is not accepted, not even by the Hungarians (who would be the first to comment on the bad refereeing, its their Gyor on the decisive match of the group you are talking about) So, I think its better that you cut the nonsense you are saying and move on. Can you do that?

Drochlar

Postby Drochlar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:02 pm

martinmk wrote:Aalborg-Hypo
This match is maybe the most equalised. Aalborg is maybe more quality team but Hypo is playing the rematch home and Prokop will do everything (you know what I mean) Hypo to go in the next round. I think this will be fight of the Danish and Austrian lobby.

martinmk what the h... are you talking about :evil: The danish lobby :?: :roll: Explain yourself please or stop talking trash.

About the games here is my predictions:
HC "Lada Togliatti" - Krim Ljubljana Slovenia

It is a very tough match to call but I think Krim Ljubljana will be victorious due to experience and home court advantage in the deciding leg.

Viborg HK A/S - Slagelse DT

Like everybody else I expect Slagelse to win this, but I don't think it will be as easy as many people assume. Viborg seems to be on their way out of the "crisis" they've had, and Slagelse don't seem to be able to get their attack on track, especially Popovic is a very long way from her standard.

Aalborg DH - Hypo Niederösterreich

This is a hard one, I haven't been really impressed by Hypo but they have homecourt and experience on their side, and Aalborg DH will not play their homematch in Gigantium due to a jumble sale (I'm not sure if this is the right word to use?).

CBM Astroc Sagunto - Kometal Gjorče Petrov

The most predictable match in my eyes Kometal Gjorče Petrov will win. I can't see any other outcome here.

euskadi commander
Kometal Fan

Postby euskadi commander » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 am

Drochlar wrote:

martinmk what the h... are you talking about :evil: The danish lobby :?: :roll: Explain yourself please or stop talking trash.

It's off-topic, do not talk about that here.
And watch your language Drochlar!

LokomotivaFan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby LokomotivaFan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:18 am

Viborg - Slagelse
This should be the most straight forward 1/4 final. Surely Slagelse will go through.

Astroc - Kometal
Likewise Kometal should have no trouble going through to the semis against Astroc. I never really liked the Spanis teams.

Aalborg - Hypo
I want Aalborg to win this. They clearly have the better players on paper but not as experienced in the CL. I think Aalborg will go through. They are one of the nicest suprises in this years CL.

Lada - Krim
The closest match-up of them all. I really like the Lada team. They have some great young players. I wouldn't be surprised if they reached the semis. Krim hasn't impressed me at all this season. They've been the biggest disapointment so far. Their game is predictable and boring but they always seem to get through. [/b]

Mejc
Extra Member

Postby Mejc » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:40 am

yabbagabb wrote:what are you talking about?who was unlucky with refs were kometal and they had a terrible first half but still they could beat eto in győr and that is what aalborg couldn't achieved against an absolutely overloaded,poor and hospital-method playing eto.

Touche

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:27 am

yabbagabb wrote:what are you talking about?who was unlucky with refs were kometal and they had a terrible first half but still they could beat eto in győr and that is what aalborg couldn't achieved against an absolutely overloaded,poor and hospital-method playing eto.

Absolutely. Győr did not get the homecourt advantage against Aalborg, whatever Dalmose says, the refs had more bad decisions in favour of the Danish team. That wasn't the case against Kometal (where the refs were not a factor). And Aalborg played against an ETO who had nothing to achieve, playing absolutely for pride, and still they could not beat them.

But - even I don't like some of the comments of OnebyOne - I also think Aalborg will go through.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:33 am

OneBYOne wrote:Volgograd - Aalborg, Volgograd was lucky to get a draw
Aalborg - Gyor, no doubt in that match
Aalborg - Kometal, Aalborg was in front in the whole game, so no doubt there neithter
Kometal - Aalborg, Kometal was in fron in the whole game, so no doubt there neither
Aalborg - Volgograd, no doubt in that match
Gyor - Aalborg, if it wasn't for the very poor judges, Aalborg would have won, they played a lot better than kometal did in the same match (Gyor - Kometal).

Just don't forget: Aalborg was lucky too with the draw in Russia, they did not play better at all than Volgograd. And the Győr-Aalborg was a higher quality match than the Győr-Kometal, but that was because both of the teams played well: but we have to mention, that there was no real burden on their shoulders.

martinmk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby martinmk » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:43 am

Drochlar wrote:

Ok I will answer you shortly and I hope it won't be deleted cause I don't think that it will be ofensive or with angry words. All I meant with this is that Prokop has a big influence in EHF and on the refs, so if the "Danish lobby" in EHF is able to stop that they have equal chanses to go in the next phase. I didn't want to offend someone and I still think that if the refs are good then the both teams are equal and is hard to predict who will go trough.

So no hard feelings. :lol:

Mads W
Extra Member

Postby Mads W » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:37 am

Okay now, listen carefully because I have the true predictions :P

DT - VHK - No problem for DT to go through to semi's. Viborg does not have structure at all in their game - and besides we got too many swedish coaches in Denmark :P They don't now how to make good use of all the players in the squad - Ryde does not anyways.

Krim - Lada - But I don't think Lada will be able to go through since Krim has home advantage in last match. Krim goes through after 2 close matches.

Astroc - Kometal - Kometal wins for sure. I am not sure they will win in Spain though

Hypo - Aalborg - Not nearly as close as Krim - Lada IMO but close enough to be exciting since Hypo has home field advantage in last match (that counts for very much). Especially when you play teams like Hypo, Krim or Kometal (unless you are Slagelse DT of course 8:) )
Aalborg goes through.

My hope for semi's:

Slagelse - Kometal
Aalborg - Krim

I don't want a danish clash and I dont want Aalborg and Kometal to meet again. This way I dont think there is a possibility for danish clash in final since Krim will win and Slagelse DT will have the chance to meet both Kometal and Krim. The too latest runner up's. Aalborg has not got potential to reach more than semi's. Viborg has potential but has been screwing totally up this season.

[/b]
Where do I find a Danish version of Andryushina?
Pytlick please choose the talents 88/89

OneBYOne
Extra Member

Postby OneBYOne » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:33 pm

Goran wrote:OneByOne, you are on thin ice here... You are saying Kometal was not good, but they win, and Aalborg was good but they lost.

Refereeing is your argument, but that "fact" is not accepted, not even by the Hungarians (who would be the first to comment on the bad refereeing, its their Gyor on the decisive match of the group you are talking about) So, I think its better that you cut the nonsense you are saying and move on. Can you do that?

Not one place do I say kometal was bad. I'm just saying Aalborg is better than what the results show, it's the other guy who says that Kometal is good and Aalborg sucks, if you don't believe me then read it again.

Did Gyor have bad refs? Now you're contradicting yourself, since then there should have been bad refs in the Gyor - Kometal or the Kometal - Gyor match, which says that one of the two teams sucks. If Gyor had bad refs in the home match against Aalborg it made no difference, since Gyor won, and none the less, Gyor is the team who playes best with bad refs.

If you're talking about the match Aalborg - Gyor then you can't say the refs were bad. Those two refs are in the top 3 in the world, and they made pretty much no mistakes.

So if Gyor was unlucky with the refs, it could pretty much only be against Kometal, so either Gyor wasn't unlucky or Kometal wasn't unlucky.

Return to “Female Handball”