Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Olympic qualification

Postby Marco Aurelio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:02 am

what do you think about it?

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:04 am

and one more question: as Europe beeing the No1 continent on this WC, does this mean the entry of Croatia of one of the groups for its 7th place on the last EC?

timus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby timus » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:19 am

And Sweden got a spot also, right?

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:54 am

Marco Aurelio wrote:and one more question: as Europe beeing the No1 continent on this WC, does this mean the entry of Croatia of one of the groups for its 7th place on the last EC?

yes, they can. But if they win their placement match versus Spain than there is also hope for Poland. It all becomes clear, when the african championships in June are played. Maybe Angola qualifies directly and so the seven ranked spot goes to the ninth of the WCh.

Yes, Sweden can participate as well.

teamhandballnews.com / edited

Current Possibilities (Assumes Angola wins African Championships)

Tournament 1:
2nd Place WC Russia, Germany or Romania
7th Place WC Croatia or Spain
2nd Place Europe: Sweden
2nd Place PATHF: Cuba

Tournament 2:
3rd Place WC Russia, Germany or Romania
6th Place WC France, Hungary or South Korea
2nd Place Africa: TBD in January (likely either Congo or Tunisia)
3rd Place from the Continental Championship for the best Continent at WC (Croatia or Poland)

Tournament 3:
4th Place WC France, Hungary or South Korea
5th Place WC France, Hungary or South Korea
2nd Place Asia: Japan
3rd Place from the Continental Championship for the 2nd best Continent at WC (likely either Congo, Tunisia or Qatar)

Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 pm

meteo wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:and one more question: as Europe beeing the No1 continent on this WC, does this mean the entry of Croatia of one of the groups for its 7th place on the last EC?

yes, they can. But if they win their placement match versus Spain than there is also hope for Poland. It all becomes clear, when the african championships in June are played. Maybe Angola qualifies directly and so the seven ranked spot goes to the ninth of the WCh.

Yes, Sweden can participate as well.

teamhandballnews.com / edited

Current Possibilities (Assumes Angola wins African Championships)

Tournament 1:
2nd Place WC Russia, Germany or Romania
7th Place WC Croatia or Spain
2nd Place Europe: Sweden
2nd Place PATHF: Cuba

Tournament 2:
3rd Place WC Russia, Germany or Romania
6th Place WC France, Hungary or South Korea
2nd Place Africa: TBD in January (likely either Congo or Tunisia)
3rd Place from the Continental Championship for the best Continent at WC (Croatia or Poland)

Tournament 3:
3rd Place from the Continental Championship for the 2nd best Continent at WC (likely either Congo, Tunisia or Qatar)

Thanks!

tiger20

Macedonia?

Postby tiger20 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Can macedonia go to the olympics if they got the place number 9 in this wc?

harder_faster
Handball Fan-atic

Postby harder_faster » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:18 pm

the african championships are in january - and they take place in angola.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:07 am

Tournament 3:

This one seems to evolve into the following tournament: South Korea has the fourth or fifth spot secured with the victory over Angola, that is going on at the moment. Furthermore Qatar will take part in the qualification. So, there are good chances that Korea can move on to Beijing.

Tournament 3:
3rd Place from the Continental Championship for the 2nd best Continent at WC (Qatar)
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Ale10

Postby Ale10 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:32 am

How many teams will qualificate from the groups?

Scarf
Extra Member

Postby Scarf » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:41 am

Ale10 wrote:How many teams will qualificate from the groups?

The first 2 from the qualification tournament.

entrenador

Postby entrenador » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:54 am

What do you think are there posibility for Spain to reach qualifications as 10th team from WC?

If yes, in which qualification tournament are we going to play?

Thanx

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:18 pm

As far as I figured out there is no chance for spain to qualify for the olympics any more. Croatia only secures the ticket as the ninth of the World Championship, if Angola wins the african cup of nations on their homeground. Otherwise they will qualify as seventh of the EC 2006, but then Poland is out of the olympic qualification.

Norway is qualified already. Furthermore the World Champion will qualify. If this will be Norway, then Russia is automatically at Beijing. So two of the four semifinalists are definitive in Beijing.
Greetings from Germany

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:25 pm

meteo wrote:As far as I figured out there is no chance for spain to qualify for the olympics any more. Croatia only secures the ticket as the ninth of the World Championship, if Angola wins the african cup of nations on their homeground. Otherwise they will qualify as seventh of the EC 2006, but then Poland is out of the olympic qualification.

Norway is qualified already. Furthermore the World Champion will qualify. If this will be Norway, then Russia is automatically at Beijing. So two of the four semifinalists are definitive in Beijing.

I have some doubts about the situation if norway is world champion.Who qualifies? the vice world champion or the vice european champion?i read somewhere it is the vice world champion and not the vice european champion.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

itwas82
Extra Member

Postby itwas82 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:39 pm

meteo wrote:Tournament 3:
3rd Place from the Continental Championship for the 2nd best Continent at WC (Qatar)

Yep, I think because of that we were much more motivated than Angola. Now even the possibility of being the host after beating France is looming. But I still think France has more chance.

John Ryan
Regular

Postby John Ryan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:17 pm

kleber wrote:I have some doubts about the situation if norway is world champion.Who qualifies? the vice world champion or the vice european champion?i read somewhere it is the vice world champion and not the vice european champion.

My understanding from the IHF document concerning qualification and a conversation with Mr Peter Sichelschmidt, who is a member of the IHF Commission of Organizing and Competition (COC), is that being the World Champion takes precedence over being a continental champion. Therefore Norway goes to the Olympics as the World Champion and vacates their European title. It looks like it's going to be Russia-Norway in the final anyway, so it proabably won't matter anyway.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:12 pm

Finaly Russia will play in the olympics. :D :D ,after missing 96,00 and especialy 04. :cry:
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

Scarf
Extra Member

Postby Scarf » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:17 pm

kleber wrote:
meteo wrote:As far as I figured out there is no chance for spain to qualify for the olympics any more. Croatia only secures the ticket as the ninth of the World Championship, if Angola wins the african cup of nations on their homeground. Otherwise they will qualify as seventh of the EC 2006, but then Poland is out of the olympic qualification.

I have some doubts about the situation if norway is world champion.Who qualifies? the vice world champion or the vice european champion?i read somewhere it is the vice world champion and not the vice european champion.

The vice-european champion will play.. Russia if Norway wins.. So it's sure that it is qualified

itwas82
Extra Member

Postby itwas82 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:47 pm

Here is the announcement from the IHF.

IHF Executive Committee member Alexander Kozhukhov then presented the participants for the three Olympics qualifying tournaments resulting from the current WCh ranking:

Tournament 1: Winner of the match Germany - Romania, Hungary, Sweden, Cuba
Tournament 2: Loser of the match Germany - Romania, Angola, Japan, Croatia
Tournament 3: France, Korea, qualifier from Africa, Qatar

This seeding may change if Angola to host the African Olympic qualifying directly qualifies for the Beijing Olympics. In this case Poland will participate in Tournament 2, Hungary Tournament 2 and Croatia to Tournament 1.

http://www.ihf.info/front_content.php?i ... &idart=995

It seems there was a change as they think 3 asian teams in one group is too much. OK, in some points it makes sense but I think it goes against the original principle. I am displeased with the IHF.

P.S. Congratulations Germany. I think it was another thrilling match. Nobody may 'underrate' Germany anymore.
And now it's 'show time'. I expect a great final. And I expect a greater clash between the two 'all-healthy' giants in Beijing.

Pitaboy
Regular

Postby Pitaboy » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:02 pm

itwas82 wrote:Here is the announcement from the IHF.

IHF Executive Committee member Alexander Kozhukhov then presented the participants for the three Olympics qualifying tournaments resulting from the current WCh ranking:

This seeding may change if Angola to host the African Olympic qualifying directly qualifies for the Beijing Olympics. In this case Poland will participate in Tournament 2, Hungary Tournament 2 and Croatia to Tournament 1.

It seems there was a change as they think 3 asian teams in one group is too much. OK, in some points it makes sense but I think it goes against the original principle. I am displeased with the IHF.

P.S. Congratulations Germany. I think it was another thrilling match. Nobody may 'underrate' Germany anymore.
And now it's 'show time'. I expect a great final. And I expect a greater clash between the two 'all-healthy' giants in Beijing.

I don't understand. Why Sweden?

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Pitaboy wrote:
itwas82 wrote:Here is the announcement from the IHF.

I don't understand. Why Sweden?

The best placed team with the last EC not alreadythere from this WC.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:05 pm

So it will probably be

Romania, Hungary, Poland, Japan (why not Congo?)... Nice group. :)
Last edited by Marco Aurelio on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:06 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:So it will probably be

Why do we have to play this BTW? We have all the results against these teams from the WC... :lol: ;)
Last edited by Marco Aurelio on Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:24 pm

doomark wrote:

Romania, Hungary, Poland, Congo... Nice group. :)

Wrong. It`s Japan and not Congo. (assuming Angola wins the January African tournament)

Thanks, I've already made the correction.
We have a win against them also... :lol: :lol:

Neo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Neo » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:

Why do we have to play this BTW? We have all the results against these teams from the WC... :lol: ;)

In Ramnicu Valcea i think :)
Heart and soul for CS Oltchim Valcea

karel
Handball Fan-atic

Postby karel » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:34 pm

I'm going to be a real Angola fan in African Championships. If they won - we have chances to participate in one of the tournamnets.

Return to “Female Handball”