EHF-Cup 2009/2010

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
TDK
Extra Member

Re: EHF-Cup 2009/2010

Postby TDK » Thu May 13, 2010 6:24 pm

red and white wrote:Very bad female referees in both the finals.

And the Finnish ref`s in KIF VEJEN-BUDUCNOST were also a scandal !

Why cant EHF at least find some decent referee for the finals ? [-X

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:02 pm

I really disliked what I saw in this match, I hope Randers playes much better next season and in the finals to come!

I'm really confused about the nerves of these girls. Me? I would be nervous if I were told I were better than the majority of handball players in the world, a huge talent, going to play for the national team and on one of the best clubs of Europe. However that didn't seem to effect Dalby. However a finale in the EHF cup does? Yes it's very impressive and all, but I'd expect a person who could handle all what I just mentioned would also know how to handle this stress factor.

It's the responsibility of the players to be able to be profesionals, and most often I'd expect it to come natural. Are there some kind of environmental shifting between different aspects of different tournaments? I just don't understand it really.

Now with those rants out of the way, I'd like to congratulate Randers! :) They were, in my opinion, right from the start the strongest team in this competition. Too bad the competition does not have the quality of just a few years ago when teams like FTC, Dunafer, Györ, Ikast, Slagelse, Viborg, Zvezda, Dinamo, Zaporoche and Podravka all did the tournament honor. (Yes I didn't bother to look up the spelling:p).

Also, red & white, though I pretty much agree with what you said, why did you find it relevant to mention the two referees are female? I'm certain you have no bad intentions, but including such kind of irrelevant information in a post also talking about how bad referees were does make it seem like there'd be a connection, which would be rather meaningless to postulate.

red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Postby red and white » Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 pm

123123 wrote:Also, red & white, though I pretty much agree with what you said, why did you find it relevant to mention the two referees are female? I'm certain you have no bad intentions, but including such kind of irrelevant information in a post also talking about how bad referees were does make it seem like there'd be a connection, which would be rather meaningless to postulate.

That depends. Are they the most qualified refs around or is it an example of politics - that the EHF want more female refs in international handball and, therefore, use some kind of special treatment. Whether this is the case or not, I don´t know. I just noticed that the refs both in Spain and in Denmark were very poor and also women. That could be a coincidence or it could not be. But lets not start an argument about this ;) It´s no different then when we the federations insisting on having bad refs from B-nations at e.g. the World Championships.

About Dalby. This is just her playing style. If she succeeds with her shots, she is fantastic, if not, then she looks absolutely horrible like today(not to mention unlucky with some huge shots hitting the post). Elda were wise and took Fruelund out which meant that Dalby had to create her own chances which she is not capable of - she needs technical and tactical team members to make her play well. E.g. Lærke Møller and Fruelund.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:17 pm

123123 wrote:I'm really confused about the nerves of these girls. Me? I would be nervous if I were told I were better than the majority of handball players in the world, a huge talent, going to play for the national team and on one of the best clubs of Europe. However that didn't seem to effect Dalby. However a finale in the EHF cup does? Yes it's very impressive and all, but I'd expect a person who could handle all what I just mentioned would also know how to handle this stress factor.

I get why you would be asking this question on account of Augustesen but Dalby? She has precisely not shown the nerves under the pressure of the NT in my opinion. She had one good, no amazing, match during the WC but other than that she was a nervous wreck, dropping the balls all the time, missing shots, passes and staring frustrated/uncertain out toward the bench where the assistant coach were yelling at her to shoot, only to see her make a completely unqualified and confused shot towards the goal out of pure nervousness and frustration. This was very obvious.

Also, Augustesen actually had some matches during the WC where she wasn't at her best/seemed nervous, these were some of the final and very important matches as far as I recall.

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Thu May 13, 2010 11:04 pm

I agree, Dalby seems like a mental midget. She's far from a tecnically gifted player and makes lot's of unforced technical faults, butshe has a big shot, but often aims poor. Her lack of confidence and mental strength seems to be one of her biggest weakneess and she make a lot of bad choices when stressed. Often it's all or nothing with her. Either she makes several amazing goals or she shoots ½ a meter outside ond over the posts or directly into the defence block. Besides her big shot she has nothing to offer on court and not in defence either. She shoots hard but often it looks like she can't control where the ball ends and shoot a lot on the post or outside the post.

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:41 am

@Red & White
I agree with your considerations, but I don't think it's the right topic to bring this. I think it'd have been more appropiate to start its own topic. I'll respect your wish to not argument on whether or not it was politics in this topic.

@Guys who've answered about Dalby:
You give me the impression you see Dalby as an extremely unstable (meaning very often at different levels) player and as a player with a very high top level and very low buttom level. Those two combined does not make a good sports player, and I doubt had it been the case she'd be on Randers first team and the national team.
My opinion is that yes, her buttom and top level differs a lot, but I don't see her to be that unstable, actually I think she performs well rather often. Actually most of the time.

Umm, just wondering, anyone who got the information to already now conclude on how the next years EHF cup will look like? From Denmark, with the 2-1-2, now being 2-1-3 and I expect to be 3-2-3, but just to be realistic, we'd say 3-1-3 system, then it's:

CL:
Viborg
Randers
KIF Vejen/FIF

Cup winners:
Umm who won the cup? :D

EHF Cup:
KIF Vejen/FIF
FCM
Esbjerg

Is this correct? What about participatins in EHF Cup from other countries? What level can we expect from this tournament next season?

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 am

123123 wrote:Cup winners:

The final will be Randers against Viborg.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 am

123123 wrote:@Red & White

@Guys who've answered about Dalby:
You give me the impression you see Dalby as an extremely unstable (meaning very often at different levels) player and as a player with a very high top level and very low buttom level. Those two combined does not make a good sports player, and I doubt had it been the case she'd be on Randers first team and the national team.
My opinion is that yes, her buttom and top level differs a lot, but I don't see her to be that unstable, actually I think she performs well rather often. Actually most of the time.

Dalby has been more stable for Randers this season but on the NT she has been extremely unstable. But I think Pytlick has been forced to use her alot as there were no one else at the moment at that position besides Line Jørgensen who was injured alot. Don't get me wrong, I like Dalby alot when she plays for Randers and in my opinion she has gotten better this season (she has a great eye for the game and LP also and some real nice move sometimes) but she has not been a succes at the NT so far.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri May 14, 2010 9:23 am

doomark wrote:
123123 wrote:Cup winners:

The final will be Randers against Viborg.

That's championship final - Cup final was FCK vs Aarhus
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am

meteo wrote:That's championship final - Cup final was FCK vs Aarhus

Right on, my mistake.

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Poltergeist
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Poltergeist » Fri May 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Congratulation! Now the coach will never lose his belly, he will drink more beer... :lol:

Return to “Female Handball”