Coach & staff changes

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
mikmak2007
Rookie

Re: Coach & staff changes

Postby mikmak2007 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:53 am

Do some of you know, who will become the new coach of Sk Århus?
The lokal newspaper has Martin Albertsen and Jan Poulsen as opportunities.

http://stiften.dk/article/20101013/SPOR ... 29743/1284

omak
Extra Member

Postby omak » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Natalija Todorovska is the new coach of the club Vardar Osiguruvanje, the female part of the Vardar corporation. :)

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:15 am

Levon Akopyan ends a a general director of Dinamo Volgograd due to health problems immediately.

New boss of the club is Vasiliy Sidorenko, former track athlete, coach and manager.

dudustein
Regular

Postby dudustein » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:28 pm

Anja Andersen is new coach of Oltchim.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:35 pm

dudustein wrote:Anja Andersen is new coach of Oltchim.

Well, well, well. I just love the new mess. :-"
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

treideca44
Extra Member

Postby treideca44 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:45 pm

Anja vs Tadici in Romanian League #-o

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:47 pm

I bet that's the main objective that the Oltchim management brought Andersen in. They saw that Kovacs couldn't beat at Zalau, so they replaced him.

Oltchimfan

Postby Oltchimfan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> =D>

treideca44
Extra Member

Postby treideca44 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Adriyanos wrote:I bet that's the main objective that the Oltchim management brought Andersen in. They saw that Kovacs couldn't beat at Zalau, so they replaced him.

cheap irony

is a big rivalry between them,always had been at knifes...for this reason i said ... is normal, she came for CL

Oltchimfan

Postby Oltchimfan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:11 pm

So,ladies and gentlemen,new coach of CS Oltchim RM Valcea is from today....the only and and the special ANJA ANDERSEN,in my opinion the best playes in history! I hope,for our team sake,that it repeat the great things that she has done in Slagelse.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Well, that was unexpected. But it's certainly interesting. I'm curious to see which Anja will show up, the one who coached Slagelse or the one who coached FCK. Because the one was awesome and the other one was bored and full of silly ideas.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

madmike
Regular

Postby madmike » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Well … Anja already had her first encounter with the girls.
She said that she is very happy with this decision and that the atmosphere inside the team is wonderful.
She even talked about the possibility of becoming the new couch of the Romanian NT.

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:51 pm

madmike wrote:She even talked about the possibility of becoming the new couch of the Romanian NT.

Don't say that ;) ;)

I hope all the girls will appreciate their chance. I'm curious about the role Ozel will play from now on and how she will fit into Anja's game. Neagu, Vizitiu and Geiger are in for some technical improvements. I wonder how good is Steluta Luca's Danish...

You can sense some Balkan anxiety :lol: Anja going againts her old sweethearts.

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:19 pm

"Ştiu că de regulă antrenorul de la Oltchim antrenează şi naţionala României. Nu exclud ca pe viitor să antrenez şi România, dar în acest moment nu se pune problema. Vreau să-mi văd de treabă la Oltchim".

"Usually, Oltchim's coach is the coach of Romania's NT. I wouldn't say no to such an experience, but it's not possible at this time. I want to focus on Oltchim", said Andersen.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Mixball wrote:

Well, well, well. I just love the new mess. :-"

Soap opera!
+ possible weekend drama :)

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:52 pm

Joana wrote:Well, that was unexpected. But it's certainly interesting. I'm curious to see which Anja will show up, the one who coached Slagelse or the one who coached FCK. Because the one was awesome and the other one was bored and full of silly ideas.

Or maybe the post-holiday, Ramnicu Valcea Anja :D
Are we in for Anja 3.0? :P

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:23 am

Yeah, it could be a brand new Anja. :D I'm just hoping the v.2 is definitely gone, otherwise we might see a lineup with Manaharova on goal, Ozel on left wing and Neagu as a pivot.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 am

Joana wrote:Yeah, it could be a brand new Anja. :D I'm just hoping the v.2 is definitely gone, otherwise we might see a lineup with Manaharova on goal, Ozel on left wing and Neagu as a pivot.

Why? She has created many multifunctional players like Savic, Turey... :lol:

Btw it's a bit strange way of changing coach. Something similar to Rimanic! :? First you should fire the old one, give him an acceptable reason and then sign the new one! It's a bit cruel that Kovács prepared the girls for CL, he was 100% focused and 2 days before the start he becomes unemployed. And without getting any info about that! As mikh said it can influence the team either way...
MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:32 am

Anja is not the new coach of Oltchim, but will be coaching the coaches of Oltchim together with the rest of the coaching company Pathfinder where she was hired as an employee as of January 1, 2011.
Source in Danish: http://sporten.tv2.dk/haandbold/article ... lbage.html
Translation:
Sensational: Anja A returns
03-02-11: 21:07 | by: Allan Rossen

Anja Andersen is ready for a surprising comeback in international handball. The charismatic star is now making a foray into the big Romanian club Oltchim Valcea.

Along with coaching firm Pathfinder Anja Andersen will change the culture of the Eastern European club, who has just fired its coach Peter Kovacs.

- Anja is not hired as coach, but she must coach the coaches, already at the club. It is possible that she takes the role on Sunday, where the team has an important game, but otherwise it is not the ambition, says CEO of Pathfinder, Lasse Zäll to sporten.tv2.dk.

From the beginning
Anja Andersen has not wanted to comment her new job herself. She refers to Lasse Zäll who tells that the former Slagelse and FCK coach was part of the club's training on Thursday.

Thus, Anja Andersen has already begun the work for the next three months which will make and end to the authoritative style.

- They have an interest in finding a non-Eastern European way of running a club. The player material in Romania is among the best in the world, and it may evolve if the way of doing things is changing, says Lasse Zäll, who along with Anja Andersen will also help Oltchim Valcea with a more long term plan.

- We have a talent nest where players can develop. The team must be made stable, and in about 1-2 years it must in the top of European handball, and winning the Champions League once in a while.

The national team is a possibility
The agreement came into place as late as Thursday morning, and a total of four employees from the company Pathfinder participates in the work. A task that would probably be transferred to the Romanian national team if it becomes a success.

- Right now the club has 12 players on the national team. So if the plan holds, it would only be natural to transfer work to the Romanian national team, is the assessment from Lasse Zäll.

Last season Oltchim Valcea played in the Champions League final where the team however lost to Danish Viborg HK. Romania's biggest profile is Cristina Neagu, who has just been voted the world's best female handball player.

Pathfinder coaches
Last edited by TheDane on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:36 am

Mkay, so it is Anja 3.0 after all. Just one, uhm, small and unimportant detail: who will actually coach the team then?

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:39 am

Wouldn't it be cool if Pathfinder's teacher of Native American traditions Hawk of The Yellow Wind would be the new coach? :lol:

At least it would mean some interesting victory dances: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C_KyDnVzlY
Last edited by TheDane on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:42 am

There really is such a thing, I see. :shock: Oh dear.
I'm getting a feeling Oltchim didn't quite know what they were getting into. Good luck.

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 am

http://www.pathfinder.dk/About-us.aspx
About Pathfinder

Pathfinder works with development and change in Danish and international companies.

We work at the top management level with strategy and leadership development and implementation of development strategies in the entire company. We are experts in making organisations, teams, and individuals set out and realise ambitious goals.

Programmes and coaching
We offer three development programmes aimed at leaders, mid-level managers and project managers: The Pathfinder Programme, Pathfinder Enforce and Natural Leadership Master Classes. And we offer personal and strategic coaching.

Network
In 2008 Pathfinder launched The Pathfinder Network in order to support Pathfinders in benefitting even more from their Pathfinder training.

Coaches
We are five coaches working with leadership development and coaching of strategic development processes:
Lasse Zäll, Hawk of the Yellow Wind, Lothar Friis, Christer Gaardmand Zäll and Anja Andersen

Partners
We have great working relationships with some of the very best coaches and process facilitators: Michèle Gundstrup and Lars Mortensen.

Ownership
Pathfinder - Stifinder A/S is co-owned by Lasse Zäll and his eldest son Christer Gaardmand Zäll.

http://www.pathfinder.dk/Events/AA-ny-c ... inder.aspx
Anja Andersen – new Pathfinder coach

We are proud to be able to announce that Anja Andersen will be starting as a coach at Pathfinder 1 January 2011. Anja will be involved in the coaching and development of teams. Many of you will already be acquainted with Anja Andersen as the Danish handball player who has elevated women's handball to a previously unheard of standard, and she has also been voted the World's Best Handball Player. Anja has been coach for a number of years at Slagelse Dream Team, who won the Champions League as the first Danish handball club and has won other medals in various tournaments and championships.

Anja's strength lies among other things in the development of unique and efficient training methods and strategies in sport - especially handball - with a view to encouraging a team to develop new ways of exploiting its potential.

We have every confidence that the similarities between the Pathfinder mindset and Anja Andersen's Way of thinking will create tremendous potential and an exciting future for Pathfinder with Anja is a member of the team.

http://www.pathfinder.dk/Coaches/Anja-Andersen.aspx
Coaches - Anja Andersen, Coach

Anja Andersen – you can train anything

Anja has many years’ experience as a coach and elite sportswoman. Her primary strength lies in her development of innovative and effective training methods and strategies, particularly for handball. As a Pathfinder coach, Anja brings her experiences and abilities from the world of sport and applies them to business focusing on developing and setting up high-performance teams and carrying out proactive planning.

Anja has worked as a handball coach for Slagelse Dream Team where she and the team invented new ways of utilising player strengths which took women’s handball to hitherto unknown heights. There are great similarities between the Pathfinder philosophy and the training methods that Anja has implemented in her work as a sports coach over the years. At Pathfinder, Anja continues to use her skills in developing people – and incorporates the best elements from the world she has been in close contact with for so many years.

Anja’s background
Anja is known as the world’s best female handball player and played a crucial role in winning an Olympic gold medal for the Danish women’s handball team in 1996. Anja is also known for her coaching of Slagelse Handball Club which was the first Danish handball club to win the Champions League. Anja is a gifted sports coach and judge of character – but most of all she has the ability to devise and develop innovative training methods to help both individuals and teams reach new heights. ‘You can train anything’ is Anja’s inevitable motto.

Please, contact Anja Andersen:
[email protected]
Last edited by TheDane on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:53 am

That sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo at best, or a cult of some sort at worst.
I could understand if Oltchim management wanted to implement new ideas and such, but wasn't there a more opportune moment to do so? Like, during the off season and not before a hugely important game?
Like I said, I think it's possible they really only wanted Anja to coach the team, and now it looks like they're getting Hawk of the Yellow Wind to guide them through life.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:02 am

Joana wrote:There really is such a thing, I see. :shock: Oh dear.
I'm getting a feeling Oltchim didn't quite know what they were getting into. Good luck.

Hmmm, I'm sharing your feelling. I mean, if this pathfinder stuff is so revolutionary why didn't VHK or any other team in Denmark tried it first. But as supporters / handball followers we can just wait and observe.

Return to “Female Handball”