EHF CL - Finals

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Re: EHF CL - Finals

Postby Galpa » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:11 am

Less than ONE week!!! =P~ :eye:

The pressure is high, these 2 teams have never won CL. (Győr has not won any cup yet but lost 6 finals so far) First final for Buducnost, 2nd for Győr in Champions League but both teams have the experince with stars who have the title. (Popvic, Savic, Lunde, Löke)

It's going to be very interesting because of the different style these two teams represent. Fantastic attacking skills in Győr and Podgorica as well. They met 3 years ago last time so it's hard to compare them.

2008/2009, Main Round

Győr-Podgorica: 31-27
Podgorica-Győr: 26-26

Impressive results by Buducnost so far, this season! They look unstoppable!

Buducnost: 13 wins 1 loss
Győr: 9 wins 1 draw 4 losses

Finally I can watch the battle of 2 icons in women's handball: :p I thinks it's going to be fun for everyone who loves handball, tricky passes and goals!
Anita Görbicz (112 goals, 1st) vs. Bojana Popovic (89 goals, 2nd)

Not to mention the atmosphere at both venues! Enjoy!

MKB Veszprém -- Anita Görbicz -- Győri Audi ETO KC -- Hungary

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:50 pm

Thank you for the answers :-)
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 pm

ZRK Buducnost posted an announcment on their site that the tickets for the returning match will cost 40 euros.
I read the comments on some of our news portals, and people are not very happy about this. It's too expensive.
And the entrance was free to all matches since the semifinal match against Hypo back in 2000 (the ticket was 1DM (0,50 e) and the attendence was horrible).
If they don't reduce the price I don't know how many people will come.
I really hope that they will come to support our girls on their final match this season, because they deserve it, and that the management of the club will find some way to make it easier.
Some of the tickets were given free during the final four matches of WRHL in Bar, and some of them were given to Varvari.

Maxxxi
Regular

Postby Maxxxi » Tue May 01, 2012 6:12 pm

John wrote:ZRK Buducnost posted an announcment on their site that the tickets for the returning match will cost 40 euros.
I read the comments on some of our news portals, and people are not very happy about this. It's too expensive.
And the entrance was free to all matches since the semifinal match against Hypo back in 2000 (the ticket was 1DM (0,50 e) and the attendence was horrible).
If they don't reduce the price I don't know how many people will come.
I really hope that they will come to support our girls on their final match this season, because they deserve it, and that the management of the club will find some way to make it easier.
Some of the tickets were given free during the final four matches of WRHL in Bar, and some of them were given to Varvari.

Did you carefully read the news? The announcment on their site was a little unclear, but tickets will be free for 13 May. For VIP seats, guests and sponsors will be 40e,but for other fans tickets will be free and all fans will be able to take only one ticket with ID card. This information was confirmed on the TV Vijesti at 17h. ;)
Winner of the Champions League 2011/2012 "B U D U C N O S T"

John

Postby John » Tue May 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Maxxxi wrote:
Did you carefully read the news? The announcment on their site was a little unclear, but tickets will be free for 13 May. For VIP seats, guests and sponsors will be 40e,but for other fans tickets will be free and all fans will be able to take only one ticket with ID card. This information was confirmed on the TV Vijesti at 17h. ;)

I did, but as you said it was unclear so as most people I thought that was true.
Thank you for the good news Maxxi. :D

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 pm

My 1. leg guess:
Győri Audi ETO KC vs. Budućnost 28-26

I hope for great intertainment and may the best team win.
I cheer for "granny" &co :lol: cause I think Buducnost have shown more team spirit and consistency this CL season (maybe it's related), no offence meant ETO fans. :)

Btw I enjoyed Bojana's penalty against Leganger in the semi =D> =D> .

Very OT it makes me wonder, how you southern people looks on the subject of cold hearted Nordic cynicism or friendly tease with a sting (as I define it), when the winning part uses their prerogative to ridicule the loosing part.
I ask cause I remember Danish NT guys Anders Eggert against Argentine and Lindberg against Spain getting in trouble showing some last minute funny stuff. :-k :-k
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

John

Postby John » Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm

If all grannies played like our "granny"... :D

I think Buducnost must concentrate the most on Loke and Amorim. If they stop these 2 everything will be much easier.
And of course prevent the fast breaks.

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:48 am

05.05.2012 17:15, Veszprem (HUN)

Györi AUDI ETO : Buducnost 25-28

Why?
-Buducnost girls play more as a team,KEB insists with the same 6 players almost all the game.Remember first game against Oltchim
-Gyor without strong shooters,Amorim the only one but she's unstable.
-I think that Lekic playing on RB is another reason for Buducnost to win it.
-Gorbicz and Andrea not very good in defence and on the other hand we know how rough is the montenegrin defence
-Top class gks for each team. Haraldsen good in the second game against ORV,but not so good in the first one.Woltering was on superb form in every game
-Fan support a plus for the hungarian team
-The nightmare of those many lost finals for Gyor
-For me, Loke is the most important player for Eto.The result depends on how will she do against such a strong defence.
In the end i must say that IMO this final will be very spectacular,a joy to watch,but I think Buducnost will win it at 6-7 goals .

Anicia Juliana
Extra Member

Postby Anicia Juliana » Fri May 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Meteo, what do you think about the German refs, Holger Fleisch and Jürgen Rieber?

And speak up, fans! can't wait to read what your hopes and dreams are now, on the edge of glory.

Bobby_MKD
Regular

Postby Bobby_MKD » Fri May 04, 2012 2:58 pm

Anicia Juliana wrote:Meteo, what do you think about the German refs, Holger Fleisch and Jürgen Rieber?

And speak up, fans! can't wait to read what your hopes and dreams are now, on the edge of glory.

Until Mateo says it's opinion, I'll say something.

I think they are not good enough to be in the finals. Seen them on couple occasions. One of which was live, this CL season in Skopje, Metalurg - CO Zagreb and didn't like their "ceremonies", constantly interfering the game, too much drama, too much unnecessary game breaks...
The crowd was as angry as I've never seen before, even more angry than the Croats were on Olesen & Pedersen at the
WCH final in Zagreb.

As of the game, I believe that we'll have a tough match in Hungary, Gyor might win, but still Buducnost would win on aggregate at the return match.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Fri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Bobby_MKD wrote:
Anicia Juliana wrote:Meteo, what do you think about the German refs, Holger Fleisch and Jürgen Rieber?

I think they are not good enough to be in the finals. Seen them on couple occasions. One of which was live, this CL season in Skopje, Metalurg - CO Zagreb and didn't like their "ceremonies", constantly interfering the game, too much drama, too much unnecessary game breaks...
The crowd was as angry as I've never seen before, even more angry than the Croats were on Olesen & Pedersen at the
WCH final in Zagreb.

As of the game, I believe that we'll have a tough match in Hungary, Gyor might win, but still Buducnost would win on aggregate at the return match.

Interesting that you mention that Skopje-match. Because that performance was exactly the cause why EHF put them on the list for that final. ;) (I could talk to the EHF-Delegate of that match recently)

Fleisch/Rieber will allow a physical defense - that should prefer Buducnost slightly in my eyes. (not only because Woltering know how their line is and will be able to tell her teammates about that). They allow a lot, but the clear things they punish consequently. I can only say that in the last five matches of Leverkusen these two were able to give the best performance of all german referee's. I don't expect that ref's will be an issue in the first match.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

John

Postby John » Fri May 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Des57 wrote:05.05.2012 17:15, Veszprem (HUN)

Györi AUDI ETO : Buducnost 25-28

Why?
-Buducnost girls play more as a team,KEB insists with the same 6 players almost all the game.Remember first game against Oltchim
-Gyor without strong shooters,Amorim the only one but she's unstable.
-I think that Lekic playing on RB is another reason for Buducnost to win it.
-Gorbicz and Andrea not very good in defence and on the other hand we know how rough is the montenegrin defence
-Top class gks for each team. Haraldsen good in the second game against ORV,but not so good in the first one.Woltering was on superb form in every game
-Fan support a plus for the hungarian team
-The nightmare of those many lost finals for Gyor
-For me, Loke is the most important player for Eto.The result depends on how will she do against such a strong defence.
In the end i must say that IMO this final will be very spectacular,a joy to watch,but I think Buducnost will win it at 6-7 goals .

I tottally agree with you. :D But we will see.
Regarding Loke, they managed to stop her last year in the semifinal, she scored 2 times in the first match, and 4 in the second. Let's see if she can pass Cvijic and A. Bulatovic. :D
Also, in the final of WRHL the pivot of Zajecar scored 11 times, and Adzic said that that was a warning, and that they will concentrate more on that aspect, because Zajecar play in a similar way as Gyori.

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Fri May 04, 2012 9:15 pm

John wrote:I think Buducnost must concentrate the most on Loke and Amorim. If they stop these 2 everything will be much easier.

I think Győr must concentrate the most on Popovic and Bulatovic. If they stop these 2 everything will be much easier. ;)

That will be hell!!! I expect 2 very nervous teams that are afraid of winning! :) The clash will be decided in Podgorica...

IMO Buducnost is stronger on 1 position, that's right-back. The others are similar or slight advantage for Győr.

I am so excited! ](*,)

Any Montenegrin in Veszprém? (From the forum)
Stefan?

I'll watch on TV! :cry:

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Fri May 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Galpa wrote:Any Montenegrin in Veszprém? (From the forum)
Stefan?

I'm afraid not. :( I really wanted to go, even contacted the club for tickets, but I eventually dropped it as I could not arrange travel and accommodation in such a short time (The tickets apparently arrived only on Wednesday).

There will be three buses of Varvari travelling to Veszprém - I considered going with them, but I didn't like the option to travel overnight and back immediatelly after the game. My original plan was to stay in Budapest for a day or two. :p

Anyway, I'll attend the game in Podgorica - it goes without saying. :)

Galpa wrote:I'll watch on TV! :cry:

That's a shame. If you by any chance decide to make an adventure and come to Podgorica, give me a ring. :lol:

Galpa
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Galpa » Fri May 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:
Galpa wrote:Any Montenegrin in Veszprém? (From the forum)
Stefan?

I'm afraid not. :( I really wanted to go, even contacted the club for tickets, but I eventually dropped it as I could not arrange travel and accommodation in such a short time (The tickets apparently arrived only on Wednesday).

There will be three buses of Varvari travelling to Veszprém - I considered going with them, but I didn't like the option to travel overnight and back immediatelly after the game. My original plan was to stay in Budapest for a day or two. :p

Anyway, I'll attend the game in Podgorica - it goes without saying. :)

Galpa wrote:I'll watch on TV! :cry:

That's a shame. If you by any chance decide to make an adventure and come to Podgorica, give me a ring. :lol:

I'm sorry! :? Maybe next year! ;)

Well, I'm planning to drive through the beautiful Black Mountains once! :)
Unfortunately not next week!

John

Postby John » Fri May 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Galpa wrote:I think Győr must concentrate the most on Popovic and Bulatovic. If they stop these 2 everything will be much easier. ;)

Bohn said they will concentrate on Bojana.
And Buducnost is prepared. Every training that pay attention to that. Oltchim tried - failed, Larvik tried - failed, let's see what Gyor will do.
I can't wait. :D
I predict that Katarina or Andjela Bulatovic will get a yellow card in the first five minutes. :P haha

treideca44
Extra Member

Postby treideca44 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:09 am

John wrote:
I predict that Katarina or Andjela Bulatovic will get a yellow card in the first five minutes. :P haha

agreed :)))

Bobby_MKD
Regular

Postby Bobby_MKD » Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 am

meteo wrote:
Bobby_MKD wrote:

WCH final in Zagreb.

Interesting that you mention that Skopje-match. Because that performance was exactly the cause why EHF put them on the list for that final. ;) (I could talk to the EHF-Delegate of that match recently)

Fleisch/Rieber will allow a physical defense - that should prefer Buducnost slightly in my eyes. (not only because Woltering know how their line is and will be able to tell her teammates about that). They allow a lot, but the clear things they punish consequently. I can only say that in the last five matches of Leverkusen these two were able to give the best performance of all german referee's. I don't expect that ref's will be an issue in the first match.

Мateo, you surprise me a little bit. I'm new here so I don't know you, but as you write I suppose your are somehow involved in this mater. (maybe an ehf member :) ) You Germans get involved everywhere :D I smell something fishy here :)
especially when you mentioned the delegate.

Whatever, I can't remember who the delegate was but I'm sure he'd made a mistake.
Maybe they are good in Germany and other int. matches but certainly not good at that one!
I stay on what I said previously, they really affected the final score by trying to be "the main stars" of the game.
It look as though they were "fascinated" by Balic - "the great player" - who constantly had something to say to them and they always had time to talk to him for a while, at one point It looked like they were intimate! A good referee should not have allowed that.
Cheers,

Bobby_MKD
Regular

Postby Bobby_MKD » Sat May 05, 2012 1:51 am

Mateo, just seen on the web.
Gjeding and Hansen would mater the most since they'll whistle on the return match in Podgorica. :)
It looks like a compromise by the EHF knowing that nor german nor danish referees could participate in the final four.
Moreover, even if there weren't German teams in F4, I really think that Germany nowdays (compared to other countries) doesn't offer referees in the elite group.
On the other side... When it comes to Denmark...
The situation is confusing since Denmark has so many int. referee couples that I can not name the best one. Honestly, I don't like when I see a danish couple on a match where teams from Macedonia play since I know that in "even-even" situations we won't get any little support.

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Sat May 05, 2012 10:30 am

On wednesday was Men's CL-draw in my hometown Cologne as you might know. So there was a chance to talk - no need to be directly involved into referee-topic at EHF and the EHF-Delegate was belgian ;)

I hadn't seen the match, so I won't judge myself - but if you mention that they "talk with Balic" than that is just german communication strategy - DHB wants that. The deciding question is not if they talk to someone, but if it has influences on their performances and normally Fleisch/Rieber are the couple who is not in any way influenced by anything.

Another typical aspect in german referee's decisionmaking is the likeliness to have the courage for unpopular decisions. That maybe lead to the way that nowaday's many german top-referee's are slightly better for the away-team - remember my last year's comment to Methe/Methe (R.I.P.) - because the ref's try to show that they are not influenced by the home crowd and sometimes the pendulum tends to get to the other side.

Third aspect: Fleisch/Rieber were that couple that are known that they report bribing attempts (can ask LADA about that). That was something that came clear when Lemme/Ulrich case came up.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Necros

Postby Necros » Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 pm

GYŐRI AUDI ETO - BUDUCSNOSZT PODGORICA 29-27 (13-12)

2 goals, not too much... But congrats to Győr! It will be a very difficult task to hold on to the lead next week.
<- Zizi - 1000 goals (2010.01.27.) and counting! 8:) - Go Fradi! Image
12x Hungarian Champion, 3x Cup Winner's Cup winner & 1x EHF Cup winner, 2x Champion's League finalist, 2x CWC runner-up, 12x Hungarian Cup winner.

Bobby_MKD
Regular

Postby Bobby_MKD » Sat May 05, 2012 5:57 pm

meteo wrote:On wednesday was Men's CL-draw in my hometown Cologne as you might know. So there was a chance to talk - no need to be directly involved into referee-topic at EHF and the EHF-Delegate was belgian ;)

I hadn't seen the match, so I won't judge myself - but if you mention that they "talk with Balic" than that is just german communication strategy - DHB wants that. The deciding question is not if they talk to someone, but if it has influences on their performances and normally Fleisch/Rieber are the couple who is not in any way influenced by anything.

Another typical aspect in german referee's decisionmaking is the likeliness to have the courage for unpopular decisions. That maybe lead to the way that nowaday's many german top-referee's are slightly better for the away-team - remember my last year's comment to Methe/Methe (R.I.P.) - because the ref's try to show that they are not influenced by the home crowd and sometimes the pendulum tends to get to the other side.

Third aspect: Fleisch/Rieber were that couple that are known that they report bribing attempts (can ask LADA about that). That was something that came clear when Lemme/Ulrich case came up.

Interesting... :) At least we shared opinions.

Nice game though today and an active score for the return match! Hope to see a good game.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Sat May 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Győri AUDI ETO KC - BUDUĆNOST 29:27 (13:12)

What a match....... :shock: =D> :lol:

Bojana 14 goals - simply the best, Anita great 12(7)... Haraldsen perfect !
KLH was the difference in this match... and with her amazing saves ETO had constanly lead. I don't need to mention 5 missed penalties... ](*,)
Thanks God that Budućnost reduced their minus and finished on -2.
That's quite good result, since Bulatović and Woltering will play much much better in Podgorica !!!
Anyway, we should expect another thriller next Sunday. 8:)

John

Postby John » Sat May 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Gyori can thank Lunde and Katarina. Lunde 20 saves 13 of that from Katarina. The same situation happened in Brazil when Montenegro played against Norway.
Bojana outstanding. They couldn't stop her.
It would've been a different game, if Cvijic was playing the whole match. Also Andjela didn't play.
2 goals are not much, thank God and by God i mean Bojana.
Woltering amazing.
Gorbicz great, but most of her goals were from 7m.
This match was really Lunde & Gorbicz VS Woltering & Popovic.

Next week Podgorica and Moraca. Go Buducnost. :D

Esik
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Esik » Sat May 05, 2012 7:01 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Győri AUDI ETO KC - BUDUĆNOST 29:27 (13:12)

Bojana 14 goals great , Anita - simply the best 12(7)... Haraldsen perfect !
)

fixed;)

Return to “Female Handball”