Champions' League 2013/2014

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Champions' League 2013/2014

Postby Adriyanos » Sat May 25, 2013 12:58 am

mikh wrote:An official position, to start with. Anyway, not much we can do in front of our computers, is it?
Then, teams have "died" and came back: FTC, Budućnost, Brașov (slowly, but promising). Let's not bury this team while they're still breathing. As I said, Vâlcea has the human resources to continue having competitive handball. It's a matter of WHO wants to get involved, but seriously this time.

Do you know if Oltchim said officially anything like this anytime? No, they didn't. They were too proud. However, this time it will be different. For starters, I can guarantee the situation is very, very bad right now. Way worse than in 2002-2003. Can't say more though.

Yannis
Rookie

Postby Yannis » Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 am

according to the romanian press, Oltchim Valcea will let all their players to go
the club has more than 1.5 mil euros debts and can`t support anymore the team.
ORV will not play next CL&NL season! The players got this info from an email
The team will be named CHIMISTUL in the near by future and will sign players from their handball academy.
So..Valcea becomes the handball`s grave of the last decade!

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Sat May 25, 2013 9:18 am

Ohhh another bad news from Valcea. I thought they should qualify for Main Round with that squad anyway. Now players are in bad situation, they have to find new teams, while some top teams are done with transfers.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 am

CL 2013/14 Rankings
------------
1. Györ
2. Larvik
3. Budućnost
4. Krim
------------
5. Bera Bera
6. Dinamo
7. FCM
8. Thüringer
------------
9. Metz
10. Hypo
11. Podravka
12. Wild Card

If Bera Bera cancel their participation, I guess that Savehof will again get a direct place in pot 3, and Metz should get into pot 2. :-k

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sat May 25, 2013 10:57 am

Adriyanos wrote:

Do you know if Oltchim said officially anything like this anytime? No, they didn't. They were too proud. However, this time it will be different. For starters, I can guarantee the situation is very, very bad right now. Way worse than in 2002-2003. Can't say more though.

I'm not sure I completely understand your point, but anyway...

@meteo or @doomark [since you seem to be best informed about these things], if Vâlcea doesn't register for the ChL, does it mean that Romania will have 2 teams in the qualis (though I fear Cluj is also financially unable to participate in the ChL) or do we lose one spot? Or is it as unclear as most rules regarding the Women's CL?
Another question is whether Vâlcea will register for any European competition [like Itxako did last year]?

Anyway, an official position needs to be made by the club as soon as possible. It would be the professional [and sensitive] thing to do. And stop these speculations in our "newspapers".

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Sat May 25, 2013 11:31 am

mikh wrote:
Adriyanos wrote:I'm not sure I completely understand your point, but anyway...

Put it like this. Do you think that Oltchim has had a good PR-machine until now? If not, what made you think that they will confirm officialy this news? :)

It will be very hard for Oltchim to compete at a high level this season. Not even the City Council will help the team. Or if they do, it will be a very small sum.

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Sat May 25, 2013 11:36 am

Adriyanos wrote:Not even the City Council will help the team. Or if they do, it will be a very small sum.

And when you think the current mayor is the husband of Edit Matei... :(

silvius
Extra Member

Postby silvius » Sat May 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Silviu wrote:And when you think the current mayor is the husband of Edit Matei... :(

There were some news about Ford investing some money on the team. It looks these were just rumors.
Nobody wants to invest in handball in Romania. :(

madu
Extra Member

Postby madu » Sat May 25, 2013 6:28 pm

It is such a sad situation :cry: :cry: I don't know when we'll have again in Romania a team with prospects to a main round...semi-finals seem so far...

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Sun May 26, 2013 9:44 am

mikh wrote:
Adriyanos wrote:

I'm not sure I completely understand your point, but anyway...

@meteo or @doomark [since you seem to be best informed about these things], if Vâlcea doesn't register for the ChL, does it mean that Romania will have 2 teams in the qualis (though I fear Cluj is also financially unable to participate in the ChL) or do we lose one spot? Or is it as unclear as most rules regarding the Women's CL?
Another question is whether Vâlcea will register for any European competition [like Itxako did last year]?

Anyway, an official position needs to be made by the club as soon as possible. It would be the professional [and sensitive] thing to do. And stop these speculations in our "newspapers".

Last year EHF didn't let Bera Bera and Issy-Paris gain the direct qualification spot. Bera Bera has to play qualification (and there was no other team interested to participate in CL) and Issy played Wildcard instead. Based on that I assume that Romania will only have one spot in the qualification and possible one wildcard spot.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Sun May 26, 2013 7:51 pm

meteo wrote:Based on that I assume that Romania will only have one spot in the qualification and possible one wildcard spot.

Agreed, and as some Romanian colleagues mentioned Cluj don´t have the funds for participating in Champions League.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Sun May 26, 2013 8:07 pm

doomark wrote:
meteo wrote:Based on that I assume that Romania will only have one spot in the qualification and possible one wildcard spot.

Agreed, and as some Romanian colleagues mentioned Cluj don´t have the funds for participating in Champions League.

Right, forgot about the Arvor, Itxako situation from last year. I don't know if it makes any sense to give a wild-card spot to any other team. I don't see them competitive enough. It's a strange situation. I still think an official statement should come and sort all these speculations [I know, just a dreamer] and if not because this is the professional way to do it, at least in order to avoid some ban or fine from the EHF if they withdraw from the competition at a later date [still, I suppose this happens only if you withdraw after previously registering, which is not the case for Vâlcea]. Anyway... only discussions.

Thank you to both of you!

Bob Rock

Postby Bob Rock » Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 am

Can any of Romanian friends help with translation of todays Oltchim press release?

http://www.cs-oltchim.com/pagini/776/co ... presa.html

I cant find anything, translated with google translator though, stating what gonna happen in regards of ChL? But it is obvious from press release that now they will let players go :?
And first part of PR about sponsors being unhappy after failure in Romanian cup, right?

madu
Extra Member

Postby madu » Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

Bob Rock wrote:Can any of Romanian friends help with translation of todays Oltchim press release?

http://www.cs-oltchim.com/pagini/776/co ... presa.html

I cant find anything, translated with google translator though, stating what gonna happen in regards of ChL? But it is obvious from press release that now they will let players go :?
And first part of PR about sponsors being unhappy after failure in Romanian cup, right?

It says nothing about next year ChL
It says that the losing of the third objective of this year(Romanian Cup) didn't sit well to the sponsors which invested a lot of money into a very good team and just winning the Romanian Championship wasn't enough for the value and the budget invested.
It says that they wanted to keep with a budget of 1.5 mil. euro the players, but with the taxes it would have gotten at 2.4 mil, which 82% would represent taxes and salaries. This sum is too big for the actual possibilities of the county, the club and the actual sponsors. And the sponsors decision was to continue to support Oltchim only with young promissing players.
:cry: :cry:

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am

mikh wrote:The other Romanian newspaper isn't being so dramatic about it. Yes, they are announcing the situation is bad, but we all know "the tabloid" likes to exaggerate things. Let's wait and see what happens. Overall, Vâlcea is the biggest women handball center in Romania, so even if they won't win the title for a few years, with the right people in charge of management, they could be able to come back. But again, let's wait and see.

So... did we wait long enough? :)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Mon May 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Quite funny that Oltchim announces a future budget of 1.5 mio Euros. For comparison. That's the yearly budget of Leverkusen and Leipzig if you count them up for instance.
Greetings from Germany

"The best is yet to come": Barack Obama (06.11.12) quotes Holly Lam-Moores (30.07.12)

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

That was their wish. It would have been 2,4 million euros. However, neither Leipzig, nor Leverkusen went to the semifinals as Oltchim did. ;)

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Mon May 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Adriyanos wrote:That was their wish. It would have been 2,4 million euros. However, neither Leipzig, nor Leverkusen went to the semifinals as Oltchim did. ;)

With 1.5 million they would, with 2.4 million they definitely would ;)

Schülke, Augsburg, Steinbach, Naidzinavicius, Kudlacz, Visser, Latakaite, Zapf, Müller, Comans,... ;)
Greetings from Germany

Adriyanos
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Adriyanos » Mon May 27, 2013 6:22 pm

I know they would. That's what I was saying. The bigger the budget, the bigger the chances to go further.

Germanicus
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Germanicus » Mon May 27, 2013 7:05 pm

meteo wrote:Quite funny that Oltchim announces a future budget of 1.5 mio Euros. For comparison. That's the yearly budget of Leverkusen and Leipzig if you count them up for instance.

You mean, those two clubs have 1.5M € together (let's say 900,000 for HCL and 600,000 for Leverkusen), don't you?
In conclusion, I declare that EHF must be destroyed

meteo
Handball Fan-atic

Postby meteo » Mon May 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Germanicus wrote:
meteo wrote:Quite funny that Oltchim announces a future budget of 1.5 mio Euros. For comparison. That's the yearly budget of Leverkusen and Leipzig if you count them up for instance.

You mean, those two clubs have 1.5M € together (let's say 900,000 for HCL and 600,000 for Leverkusen), don't you?

Yes, Leverkusen has 500.000. Leipzig max.1 million (maybe already a little bit less now)
Greetings from Germany

jensm
Handball Fan-atic

Postby jensm » Mon May 27, 2013 9:41 pm

while we're on the subject of budget for clubs, how budgets are such Gyor, Larvik, Viborg, Buducnost, Krim, FTC, Hypo etc?

Corbantis
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Corbantis » Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 am

jensm wrote:while we're on the subject of budget for clubs, how budgets are such Gyor, Larvik, Viborg, Buducnost, Krim, FTC, Hypo etc?

They say, Győr has a budget of 3-3,5 million EUR (including junior teams), FTC approx. 1 million EUR

Larvik approx 1,5-2 million

Valcea had approx. 3,5 million

In general, CHL Top8 teams hit a 1 million EUR budget, but sometimes with even less they can qualify. (This corresponds to HC Leipzig's budget, for instance)

Al these figures are taken from an article of handball.hu

http://handball.hu/2012/11/21/a_noi_kez ... oldalarol/

Corbantis
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Corbantis » Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 am

Corbantis wrote:
jensm wrote:while we're on the subject of budget for clubs, how budgets are such Gyor, Larvik, Viborg, Buducnost, Krim, FTC, Hypo etc?

According to an article from handball.hu:

http://handball.hu/2012/11/21/a_noi_kez ... _oldalarol

Győr has a budget of 3-3,5 million EUR (including junior teams)

FTC approx. 1 million EUR

Larvik approx 1,5-2 million EUR

Valcea had approx. 3,5 million EUR

In general, CHL Top8 teams hit a 1 million EUR budget, but sometimes with even less they can qualify. (This corresponds to HC Leipzig's budget, for instance)

On the other hand, Metz Handball with a budget of 1,8-1,9 million was a disappointment, according to this article:

http://legraoullydechaine.fr/2013/05/13 ... b-de-metz/

Corbantis
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Corbantis » Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am

Corbantis wrote:
Corbantis wrote:

According to an article from handball.hu:

http://handball.hu/2012/11/21/a_noi_kez ... _oldalarol

Győr has a budget of 3-3,5 million EUR (including junior teams)

FTC approx. 1 million EUR

Larvik approx 1,5-2 million EUR

Valcea had approx. 3,5 million EUR

On the other hand, Metz Handball with a budget of 1,8-1,9 million was a disappointment (http://legraoullydechaine.fr/2013/05/13 ... b-de-metz/)

Krim approx. 1,4 million (http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/artic ... ll-country)

Return to “Female Handball”