Champions' League 2013/2014

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
fradistapista2

Re: Champions' League 2013/2014

Postby fradistapista2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:57 pm

So Vardar is safe from FTC, Érd, Hostelbro, Viborg, Leipzig.

Money speaks...

barry.romania
Handball Fan-atic

Postby barry.romania » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:55 am

Dinamo Volgograd has also withdrawn from Champions League, not just Oltchim and Zajecar.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Does anyone understand dutch?

http://handbalstartpunt.nl/2005nieuwspa ... 1.htm#0867

If I understand this correctly (via Google translate): There are plans to only approve stadiums with a capacity of 5000 seats AND these have to be located within 50km of the teams home stadium (if the home stadium isn't big enough already, I suppose). That would mean you need to have a stadium of such size in your vicinity or you won't be able to play the CL?

This can't be right, surely? None of the Danish teams currently have such a big sports hall - neither does Hypo, FTC, Thuringer etc. Even Larvik, Metz, Buducnost and other big teams only come close to that figure with around 4500 seats, but that is still 500 short of 5000.

:-k
idle banter.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:01 pm

According to the Dutch article, EHF wants in the future (don't know the date) that CL
participants must have a hall with 5000 seats available at least.
So the future Women CL is only for Vardar :lol: ! Only the Macedonian club will have
a hall with capacity of 5000 spectators...

Seriously, it can't be true this rule of "5000 seats mininum" for a CL participation.
I think it's just a rumour hopefully. :)

Aikurn
Regular

Postby Aikurn » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Better be a rumor because it's absurd. Most CL games don't sell out even in smaller halls. But something ridiculous coming from EHF? Sure, why not #-o

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:51 pm

heavenly wrote:According to the Dutch article, EHF wants in the future (don't know the date) that CL
So the future Women CL is only for Vardar :lol: ! Only the Macedonian club will have

Seriously, it can't be true this rule of "5000 seats mininum" for a CL participation.

FCM have BOXEN in Herning if needed. :p :lol:

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 pm

thomz wrote:
heavenly wrote:According to the Dutch article, EHF wants in the future (don't know the date) that CL

And in Copenhagen there is Parken :lol:

fradistapista2

Postby fradistapista2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:53 pm

masch1 wrote:
thomz wrote:

And in Copenhagen there is Parken :lol:

New Győr Arena will also have 5000 seats.

omak
Extra Member

Postby omak » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:08 pm

+ Krim. Stozice seats 12.000 people.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

barry.romania wrote:Dinamo Volgograd has also withdrawn from Champions League, not just Oltchim and Zajecar.

This story may be more interesting than it seems. According to Dinamo's president, their application was rejected by EHF and so far they haven't received any explanation of this . He said, that Dinamo sent the required documents and made the money guarantee in time.

Also, EHF made an offer for Dinamo (also for the Chekhovskie Medvedi in the men's part) to enter EHF Cup instead of CL. So I suppose, the other withdrawn teams received the same offer as well :?:

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Wbk wrote:This story may be more interesting than it seems. According to Dinamo's president, their application was rejected by EHF and so far they haven't received any explanation of this . He said, that Dinamo sent the required documents and made the money guarantee in time.

I also read Sidorenko´s statement, so if you´ll receive any news, please share!

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 am

Strange that no one posted them here yet, so here they are:

Qualification Round 2 (14-15 September):
Group 1: Byaasen Trondheim, HC Leipzig, BNTU Minsk, Tertnes Bergen
Group 2: FTC, Erd, LK Zug, Lokomotiva Zagreb
Group 3: HCM Baia Mare, TT Holstebro, Dalfsen / Muratpașa, Viborg HK
Group 4: Rostov-Don, Vardar Skopje, Jomi Salerno, Fleury Loiret

Pairings for the semis, as you know are: pot 1 vs. pot 4 and pot 2 vs. pot 3.
Home right to teams in italics. Normally, pot 3 has the first home right. If they decline, pot 1 takes over (Zug already did this in favor of FTC) and I suppose Salerno will do the same and send it to Rostov.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:13 am

the total collapse of russian handball at national team level and club level......
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Aaaa. Finally.

So, here are the groups:

Group A
1. Györi Audi ETO KC
2. Thüringer HC
3. Hypo Niederösterreich
4. Qualifier 3 ( HCM Baia Mare, Team Tvis Holstebro, Winner Q1, Viborg HK)

Group B
1. Buducnost
2. FC Midtjylland
3. MKS Lublin
4. Qualifier 2 (FTC Rail Cargo Hungaria, Erdi Sport Kft., LK Zug Handball, HC Lokomotiva Zagreb)

Group C
1. RK Krim Mercator
2. Metz Handball
3. IK Sävehof
4. Qualifier 1 (Byasen Trondheim, HC Leipzig, BNTU-BelAZ Minsk Reg., Tertnes Bergen)

Group D

1. Larvik
2. Balonmano Bera Bera
3. HC Podravka Vegeta
4. Qualifier 4 (Rostov-Don, WHC Vardar, SCBTJomi Salerno, Fleury Loiret Handball)

Larvik is the luckiest team in CL. So we can say they are in MR already. Podravka and Bera Bera will fight for the 3rd place. Rostov, Fleury or Vardar..hmmm.. anything is possible..

Krim got a decent group, not a tough one so i expect them to progress to the MR along with Metz. Savehof is an ok team but i don't see them in MR. Leipzig can cause some trouble if they quallify.

Gyor got an interesting group. They will go to the main round, but the second place is hard to guess. Both Thuringer and Hypo have a chance and also the team from pot 4 (i expect it to be Viborg but who knows what Baia Mare and Team Tvis Holstebro can do).

And the last, but not the least, Group B, the most interesting and the toughest group. Buducnost, Midtjylland and FTC (Lublin doesn't stand a chance here).. Hm, very, very hard to predict. Well, ok, Buducnost and Midtjylland. Or Buducnost and FTC. Or.. Well, Buducnost, i don't care about the other one :P

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Group A is a group of death.
THC, Hypo or VHK will finish their European season at November. #-o

Budućnost wasn't lucky also at all. ](*,)
FCM and FTC the most difficult options from their pots. It'll be very tough job for us. Hope we can finish 1st.

Krim got the weakest group. Larvik also very lucky. Vardar should be there and advance both to MR.

madu
Extra Member

Postby madu » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:02 pm

John wrote:Or.. Well, Buducnost, i don't care about the other one :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: +1...Also Buducnost on the first spot in their group

If Baia Mare manages to qualify from that awful group, they will go to a even worse place... Group A is very difficult, also Buducnost has to fight for the qualification....IMO Larvik's group is the easiest, as Vardar(who will most probably qualify) doesn't have any homogenity at all, so they(Larvik) will be able to speculate the mistakes and transform them into fast breaks.

John

Postby John » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:29 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Group A is a group of death.
THC, Hypo or VHK will finish their European season at November.

Budućnost wasn't lucky also at all.
FCM and FTC the most difficult options from their pots. It'll be very tough job for us. Hope we can finish 1st.

Krim got the weakest group. Larvik also very lucky. Vardar should be there and advance both to MR.

I think from group A Hypo has the least chance to advance to the MR, but who knows. Larvik has the easiest group Podravka and Bera Bera are a joke (i'm not disrespectful, that's the truth). Krim got an easy group but Metz can be very dangerous, and Krim is not so much a strong team (they have some good players but without Penezic they are nothing).
Our group is very difficult, i so wanted to avoid FCM, it's so hard to play against them, but they are not unbeatable, just like FTC. We can beat them at Moraca, but away, anything can happen. I hope for the best. I think we need Nikitina here, more good back players more chances to win.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:44 am

Hypo had a real chance to qualify for the Main Round this year. But they lost by 9 goals their decisive battle against Randers. For me, their mental is their weakness. So I don't consider them as the favorites behind Györ. I think Viborg will qualify for the CL phase group, and the Danes will have a good chance to finish at the second place...

FCM will have a tough group but they have the most stable squad. I'm confident in their good defense and their class keeper Englert + contras. Now, I just hope Lærke Møller will be in good shape and Stine Jørgensen will be a plus with her powerful shots at long distance...

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Since FCM don't have Kviesgaard anymore (Who was worldclass last time they played CL), there will be big pressure on the young wings to make the FB play work and Woller need to improve in her scoring percentage...

I'm not so sure they'll go through though Englert is ofc a big plus...

As for TTH, I think they might be able to beat Viborg in one match but I'm guessing that in the overall count Viborg will come out on top, even though they are a new team that need to find each other but TTH definately still has a chance if they have borrowed a proper gk with their fast play and knowledge of each other compared to VHK... time will tell...

John

Postby John » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:48 pm

masch1 wrote: Englert is ofc a big plus

A big, big, BIG plus. I remember when Buducnost played against FCM two years ago, the girls had troubles scoring, Englert was there to save everything. A though victory in Moraca, and i won't mention the other match :)
I'm counting on Camilla, Cristina and Kinga the most, besides the regulars from MNE. :)

masch1 wrote:Since FCM don't have Kviesgaard anymore

Why did they let her go? o.O She was amazing back then.

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:16 pm

John wrote:

Lack of money, and then they choose to keep the young Trine Østergaard - who is a good player too. She developed a whole lot the last 1,5 years and is now more regular on the National team and got on the league All Star team this season. That is of course because Kviesgaard ran into that awful injury - Trine Ø got more time on court and i like to believe she - in the half year they spent together on the wing when Kviesgaard was healthy - learned a lot from Kvies, especially in defense.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:19 pm

John wrote:
masch1 wrote: Englert is ofc a big plus

A big, big, BIG plus. I remember when Buducnost played against FCM two years ago, the girls had troubles scoring, Englert was there to save everything. A though victory in Moraca, and i won't mention the other match :)
I'm counting on Camilla, Cristina and Kinga the most, besides the regulars from MNE. :)

Englert is also quite stabil, unlike Masson she will usually give a good performance in most matches. Yeah she was excellent, I hope very much to see her like that against Buducnost Again :)

Kviesgaard had a serious injury during WCh in brazil and has been taking a long time to recover, and then just when she had her comeback, FCM announced that they had big financial difficulties and they had to let some players. Many people couldn't understand they let Kvies go though, even if they have some good youngsters on the spot too.

And Kvies got a good offer from Esbjerg, who will have an interesting team next season, so good for her :)

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Final Four :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: ](*,)

zotya94
Regular

Postby zotya94 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:49 pm

I can only hope Budapest will win the bid then I could watch it live.

John

Postby John » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Final Four

Noooo.
FF is stupid.

Return to “Female Handball”