Road to Rio 2016 Olympics

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Road to Rio 2016 Olympics

Postby masch1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm

Danish brutto team for OG qual. A few players are injured but on the list, since Klavs keeps a spot open for them. Glad to see some "new" names like Uno, Cohrt, la Cour and Dalby :) http://www.dhf.dk/Presse/nyheder/2016/F ... il_ol-kval

GKs:

Sandra Toft, Larvik HK
Rikke Poulsen, Viborg HK
Cecilie Greve, Randers HK
Mathilde Juncker, SK Aarhus

Wings:

Trine Østergaard, FCM Håndbold
Anne Mette Pedersen, København Håndbold
Simone Böhme, Viborg HK
Louise Lyksborg, Viborg HK
Maria Fisker, CSM Bucuresti
Ann Grete Nørgaard, Viborg HK
Fie Woller, FCM Håndbold
Freja Cohrt, Silkeborg-Voel KFUM

LPs:

Stine Bodholt Nielsen, Team Esbjerg
Louise Svalastog Spellerberg, København Håndbold
Kathrine Heindahl, Randers HK
Mia Biltoft, Ringkøbing Håndbold

Backs:

Kristina Kristiansen, Nykøbing-Falster FH
Anna Sophie Okkels, SK Aarhus
Mia Rej, København Håndbold
Line Uno Jensen, Viborg HK
Stine Jørgensen, FCM Håndbold
Anne Mette Hansen, København Håndbold
Rikke Skov, Viborg HK
Pernille Holmsgaard, København Håndbold
Line Jørgensen, CSM Bucuresti
Mette Tranborg, SK Aarhus
Camilla Dalby, Randers HK
Anne Cecilie D. La Cour, København Håndbold

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Joana wrote:So Jasmina Đapanović got Swedish citizenship? I thought it might happen some day. I've always wanted to see her get a chance on NT, but it never happened. Good luck. :)

She thought her chances was long gone, and when she got selected she played like her junior time that day in front of Helle T.(shooting widely), she says: :) :lol:
http://www.skd.se/2016/02/17/djapanovic ... hade-gatt/
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:47 pm

Romania

GK: Paula Ungureanu, Ionica Munteanu (ambele HCM Baia Mare), Denisa Dedu (Corona Braşov)
LW: Valentina Ardean, Ana Maria Tănăsie (ambele HCM Baia Mare)
RW: Adriana Nechita (HCM Baia Mare), Laura Chiper (Corona Braşov)
LP: Oana Manea (CSM Bucureşti), Florina Chintoan ("U" Cluj)
LB: Cristina Neagu (Buducnost), Gabriela Perianu (HCM Baia Mare), Gabriella Szucs (HCM Baia Mare), Bianca Tiron (Dunărea Brăila)
CB: Eliza Buceschi (Thuringer), Luciana Marin (HCM Baia Mare), Mădălina Zamfirescu (Dunărea Brăila)
RB: Aurelia Brădeanu (CSM Bucureşti), Patricia Vizitiu (HCM Baia Mare), Laura Popa ("U" Cluj)

Tiron and Popa as backups

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:31 am

catalin82 wrote:Romania

GK: Paula Ungureanu, Ionica Munteanu (ambele HCM Baia Mare), Denisa Dedu (Corona Braşov)
LW: Valentina Ardean, Ana Maria Tănăsie (ambele HCM Baia Mare)
RW: Adriana Nechita (HCM Baia Mare), Laura Chiper (Corona Braşov)
LP: Oana Manea (CSM Bucureşti), Florina Chintoan ("U" Cluj)
LB: Cristina Neagu (Buducnost), Gabriela Perianu (HCM Baia Mare), Gabriella Szucs (HCM Baia Mare), Bianca Tiron (Dunărea Brăila)
CB: Eliza Buceschi (Thuringer), Luciana Marin (HCM Baia Mare), Mădălina Zamfirescu (Dunărea Brăila)
RB: Aurelia Brădeanu (CSM Bucureşti), Patricia Vizitiu (HCM Baia Mare), Laura Popa ("U" Cluj)

Tiron and Popa as backups

F**k you Ryde!!! :evil: Where is the brilliant Cristina Zamfir from Corona Brașov?? You have almost the exact same team from WCh and I am starting to wonder if Baia Mare pays you to take 80% of their roster...... :x for f**k sake,this man is retarded,I am so mad he keeps insisting with Vizitiu when she hasn't proved anything stable yet, but thank God he took Pintea off, disastrous pivot. Also I would delete Luciana Marin from the list, this girl commits a lot of faults in defense,also unstable performances,she doesn't even play much for Baia Mare..And also Brădeanu is in extremely weak form.And having Popa just as back-up for Brădeanu and Vizitiu who both are unstable backs is just insanely stupid. ](*,)

Danie

Postby Danie » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:00 am

dydiana wrote:F**k you Ryde!!! :evil: Where is the brilliant Cristina Zamfir from Corona Brașov?? You have almost the exact same team from WCh and I am starting to wonder if Baia Mare pays you to take 80% of their roster...... :x for f**k sake,this man is retarded,I am so mad he keeps insisting with Vizitiu when she hasn't proved anything stable yet, but thank God he took Pintea off, disastrous pivot. Also I would delete Luciana Marin from the list, this girl commits a lot of faults in defense,also unstable performances,she doesn't even play much for Baia Mare..And also Brădeanu is in extremely weak form.And having Popa just as back-up for Brădeanu and Vizitiu who both are unstable backs is just insanely stupid. ](*,)

Have you ever thought about reducing the amount of punk language you use? And... on a broader scope... of just reducing?

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:40 pm

i think is a well balanced choice, with experienced girls in EHFCL , at the expense of maybes in National Champ.
Talking about Marin , tell us how many CB could play more against top form Pineau ?(in the world) in my opinion - not so many .

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Danie wrote:Have you ever thought about reducing the amount of punk language you use? And... on a broader scope... of just reducing?

Is it prohibited to use "f**k" even if it's censored? If so, I will not use it again..if it's not I "promise I will reduce" it from 2 mentions to 1 mention :lol:
But in a more serious way, I was angry and that is the way I usually express that.Aren't we adults here?

catalin82 wrote:Talking about Marin , tell us how many CB could play more against top form Pineau ?(in the world) in my opinion - not so many .

Of course Marin has no chance in front of Pineau.But I was not talking about this.I was referring that there are other playmakers/CB who play on a regular basis in the NL for their teams,so there were better choices than her and I will not detail further,it's just my opinion.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:07 pm

With the Olympic qualifying in volleyball turning into a bit of a farce with African teams withdrawing, it's nice to see handball is spared from that. I mean, if someone had pulled out, we would have heard about it by now, right?!

It's going to be so exciting. :)
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

will4104

Postby will4104 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:27 pm

Joana wrote:I mean, if someone had pulled out, we would have heard about it by now, right?!

There are still 2 weeks left. Plenty of time to withdraw.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:41 am

will4104 wrote:
Joana wrote:I mean, if someone had pulled out, we would have heard about it by now, right?!

There are still 2 weeks left. Plenty of time to withdraw.

Up to 10 February 2016, National Olympic Comitees had to confirm participation of their handball NTs at the same time when registering for the IHF Olympic Qualifications Tournaments. 15 February 2016 was the deadline for NOCs to confirm the use of the quota places obtained at the Continental Qualification events to IHF.
All teams are registered succesfully, I don't see any participation problem ;) Moreover, I read that Mexicans, for example, are proud to be part of Olympic qualification. No recent info from Uruguay, but they will be there, at least they confirmed it on paper.

dydiana
Extra Member

Postby dydiana » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:20 am

https://translate.google.ro/translate?sl=ro&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ro&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prosport.ro%2Falte-sporturi%2Fhandbal%2Fsacrificii-pentru-jocurile-olimpice-mai-avea-rost-meciul-amical-romania-suedia-in-conditiile-in-care-partida-oficiala-cu-norvegia-a-fost-neinteresanta-15107081&edit-text=

This article did brought up the same question I got when I heard Romania will stop in Sweden for a friendly game which will be played today at 19:30. I don't understand why?! Can someone with more knowledge about handball try and clear the air for me? :-k

I simply do not get why fly the whole team to Sweden to play a friendly just before the Pre-Olympic matches? I mean it must bring more fatigue to the equation..even if they still play with the reserves, it still doesnt make much sense to me...do they want a more proper training session closer to the game with Denmark or what would be the answer? :?

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 am

^ What Ref said, plus:

- player management: Romania's second line (not second team, as some people put it here!) would need even more matches
- the level of engagement in a friendly match is different, the result doesn't really matter, you can play a bit less aggressively and isolate/focus on aspects of a game (i.e. play 3 x 20 mins, interrupt the match whenever you like etc.)
- player management again: the first line should have a 20 mins match or so against a very good Swedish side, before the official matches; some of the girls haven't play any handball since last Wed and by the time we kickoff against Denmark, it will have been 10 days or so. It's a good opportunity to get the players in playing mood.
- finally, because Sweden is doing it too. And they will have to travel to Russia for an equally complicated OQT.

Ryde is a blessing to this team (just as Howells is for the rugby NT); they're some of the best professionals working with our NTs and have tapped into their full potential. No matter the result of this tournament, I think there are plenty of good things that Ryde and the Romanian NT will show us in the future.

Danie

Postby Danie » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:32 pm

mikh wrote:Ryde is a blessing to this team (just as Howells is for the rugby NT); they're some of the best professionals working with our NTs and have tapped into their full potential.

True words.

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:45 pm

prep game

ROU 29-32 SWE (15-20)

Rou : Neagu 7 goluri, Vizitiu 6, Chiper 3, Elisei Ardean 3, Udriştoiu 2, Chintoan 2, Zamfirescu 2, Manea 1, Brădeanu 1, Tănăsie 1, Marin 1

Neagu appeared to have played just the first part , Buseschi not played, Ungureanu last 20 min

Swe top scorers :Sand 6 , Wall şi Gullden 4 each
Last edited by catalin82 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:04 pm

Some wondered why go to sweden to play a friendly .

Actually Ryde arranged to set the base for the OG Q in Sweden at Kristianstad . Probably also arranged the friendly, same type of opponent , nothing wrong with that .

Buseschi had a minor right knee problem, supposed to be alright know .
Szucs had a stomach illness of sort, but seems ok know

Udistroiu had a straned ankle (minor) after Norway game. know ok-played also the friendly

NewFan

Postby NewFan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:11 am

Are any of the qualification games going to be streamed?

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:25 am

NewFan wrote:Are any of the qualification games going to be streamed?

http://sportdeutschland.tv/handball

The streaming site of the German Olympic Sports Confederation will stream all (!) 18 games (see the black box on the right). Unfortunately there is no way of knowing yet if it will be geo-blocked. :roll:
idle banter.

NewFan

Postby NewFan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:42 am

HB9 wrote:

The streaming site of the German Olympic Sports Confederation will stream all (!) 18 games (see the black box on the right). Unfortunately there is no way of knowing yet if it will be geo-blocked. :roll:

Thank you! And thank you to whoever it was on this forum that introduced me to Hola!

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:28 pm

HB9 wrote:

It will be unfortunately ](*,)

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Poland vs. Russia 25-27 (11-11)

maximf83
Rookie

Postby maximf83 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:08 pm

anyone knows another streaming site for the qualifying tournaments? usa for some reason is geoblocked for the site that was given here (which is odd because i couldn't find anyone who is showing it)

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:14 pm

It's probably being blocked because some games are broadcast on some TV stations in other countries.

The IHF site claims that: http://www.ihf.info/en-us/ihfcompetitio ... px?ID=3131

All matches will be available to watch via live stream here.

The link leads to here: http://www.ihf.info/en-us/ihfcompetitio ... tream.aspx

And as you can see, there is absolutely nothing. I really don't know what's going on. ](*,)
idle banter.

maximf83
Rookie

Postby maximf83 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:16 pm

yea i did see that one, however it's empty, but maybe because there is no games right now, guess will wait until the second games start

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Sadly that's not the case. There are currently games being played at all 3 venues. :|
idle banter.

maximf83
Rookie

Postby maximf83 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:22 pm

oh s**t we changed our clock last week, i translated the times yesterday with the wrong time in mind ..... ugh.... so the only way is to access the german site via proxy? damn

Return to “Female Handball”