EHF EURO 2014 - Main Round - Day 2

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
red and white
Handball Fan-atic

Re: EHF EURO 2014 - Main Round - Day 2

Postby red and white » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
gergő wrote:.
HUN-DEN they're better. and our coach is an old idiot.

You were right.

If I was Hungarian I would have been very annoyed/angry after such a match. The Hungarian game plan was idiotic and they had a golden chance to win over a very shaken Danish team loosing both Grigel and Stine Jørgensen + several players still being sick.

The Hungarian attack was clueless. Why not use Kovacsics as playmaker? She is a smart and creative player who shouldn´t be hidden away on the wing.

The defense was clueless as well. Pytlick had only planned to play 7 against 6 for a short period of time, but when he realized that Nemeth still played with an offensive defense he let Thorsgaard and Gravholt stay on the line. And notice that Hungary only scored two times in empty goal despite having 45 minutes to do so.

On the positive side - the future looks bright with G. Toth :!: Planeta - not so much.
Last edited by red and white on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Ooopsss...close call to a loss against Poland :)

Poland kickstarted and gave us all a shock. They had got reinforcement and played better than ever, while our girls weren't really mentally prepared for this polish side in the first half. Second half and defense was working again, and slowly but steady, Norway eat up the gap and got a 3 goal lead, much thanks to Nora Mørk that played her best match this EC, scoring 11 goals :)

Polands coach Kim Rasmussen even called Nora the best RB in the world after the match. Nice Nora :)

Silviu
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Silviu » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:57 pm

And the winner of this round is HunT3R. Congrats!

JanniB
Extra Member

Postby JanniB » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Hungary - Denmark 20-23 (9-11, 11-12)

Hungary: Krisztina Triscsuk 4, Zsuzsanna Tomori 5, Gabriella Toth 5, Monika Kovacsicz 2, Aniko Kovacsics 2, Anita Bulath 1, Szabina Mayer 1

=D> Denmark: Line Anna Ryborg Jörgensen 6, Kristina Kristiansen 4, Ann Grete Norgaard , Osterballe 2, Maria Fisker 2, Susan Torp Thorsgaard 2, Maibritt Kviesgaard 2, Louise Katharina Burgaard 1, Stine Jörgensen 1, Mette Bjorholm Gravholt 1, Louise Ambjörn Svalastog Spellerberg 1, Pernille Holst Holmsgaard 1

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 am

red and white wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:

You were right.

If I was Hungarian I would have been very annoyed/angry after such a match.

oh i played with myself this when i realized that andrás németh will be our "new" headcoach. his time has stoped in the mid 90's or soon. and everyone in this country knew that he favors szamoránszky, kovacsicz, bulath just some old, slow and totally useless buddies. and he brought a 25 year old (international) rookie, ildikó erdősi as a(n only real) left winger who cannot defend, instead of dorina korsós, a 2 time cl winner, 18 year old girl who is already excellent in the front of the 5+1 system. and - of course - németh's tactical repertoires is zero.
and another story. KEB brought here 2 norwegian, andreas smeby (video) and tord ellingsen (fitness), but our head coach changed these two for vilmos köstner, a 60 year old dinosaur mate as a fitness coach and video analyst whom i trully think that unable to use a single computer. just trying to imagine him when use a video maker and cut the moments from the latest match in the middle of the night coz it must be ready for the next day training where he gona do the recreation session.. :lol: OH MAN IM TOTALLY SPEECLESS :!:
*hope he will be retire and we bring krumbholz, some spaniards (like veszprém, szeged, eto, male nt) or just continue the scandinavian line for a f*ck's sake. [-o<

fmj
Extra Member

Postby fmj » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:01 am

Romania probably a 3 second goal away from a semi-final, who would have thought and for sure they should have won against Hungary.

Very close euro and that's nice, but the overall level is a bit concerning.

Regarding Norway, Thorir needs to see that his starting line up needs to be changed. Nora as PM would be great, and then she can move around and break through, world class yesterday, would have lost without her. Olsson needs to talk to Solberg, she can't continue starting matches like this, I don't know why but she looks totally uninterested. I don't get it, passive and slow.

Oftedal had a good match against Romania but they gave up so it was a lot of room, we need stability and she doesn't give us that and in defence she's no good. I feel for her but she needs to improve, that's the brutal reality. At the moment I think our line up is better without her. Out of the outfield players, only Løke and Linka has played more than her and I don't think that's the right call by Thorir.

Joana
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Joana » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:44 am

gergő wrote: and he brought a 25 year old (international) rookie, ildikó erdősi as a(n only real) left winger who cannot defend

Was she the one who shot straight at Kristiansen on goal? Nice effort there. :lol:

But Toth is a huge prospect indeed.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!

hand22
Rookie

Postby hand22 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:22 am

16.12.2014 15:45 Netherlands Montenegro ....montenegro should win this 3-4goal diferrence
16.12.2014 18:00 SwedenSlovakia .....sweden all the way
16.12.2014 20:15 GermanyFrance.......france to come back on winning ways

Des57
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Des57 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:32 am

16.12.2014 15:45 Netherlands Montenegro +6 The Montenegrin defence will put big problems to the Oranje team.MNE has more experienced players and a more balanced squad.

16.12.2014 18:00 Sweden Slovakia +8 I was impressed by Sweden so far and their great coach Helle Thomsen.Easy win

16.12.2014 20:15 Germany France +4 I expect a gks duel and the winner will decide the match.

zorasourit
Handball Fan-atic

Postby zorasourit » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:56 am

Joana wrote:
gergő wrote: and he brought a 25 year old (international) rookie, ildikó erdősi as a(n only real) left winger who cannot defend

Was she the one who shot straight at Kristiansen on goal? Nice effort there. :lol:

But Toth is a huge prospect indeed.

Yeps, she was. Possibly the shot of the tournament until now, even though Maja Zebic unable to score on Johanna Ahlm wasn't bad either :P

What a pathetic match. Not sure the ladies and gents in the Hungarian federation also regard it this way but fan comments are well... rather one-sided. If Kinga Klivinyi doesn't play a lacklustre ECh even compared with her rather modest form this season, our coach never brings Tóth to the squad. Not sure where Hungarian coaches in general got stuck, I reckon in 2003 the very, very latest.

guesthand

Postby guesthand » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:29 am

Happy for Danish Victory. But too many mystakes by bots team, very hard to watch sometimes.
Did pytlick plans to use this tactic With 7 players, the all Time?
L.Jorgensen did great and Toft not to bad.

CSM Bucharest

Postby CSM Bucharest » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:50 am

Gergő, do you still dream at Krumbholz? Jesus... Look at Rasmussen, a young and modern coach, and cheap!

Regarding Tadici, I told you he is ok but he must leave because the thing is to have a coach with whom to beat the expectations!

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 am

red and white wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:

You were right.

If I was Hungarian I would have been very annoyed/angry after such a match. The Hungarian game plan was idiotic and they had a golden chance to win over a very shaken Danish team loosing both Grigel and Stine Jørgensen + several players still being sick.

On the positive side - the future looks bright with G. Toth :!: Planeta - not so much.

You were not so angry, if you were Hungarian, as (unfortunately), many of us thought, that he is not able to lead this team. It was a very bad decision to bring him back (for the 3rd time !!!).

It's not a surprise, that most of the good Hungarian clubs are run by a foreign (usually Spanish) coach.

Regarding Planéta: She has the talent, but she is lack of confidence. I have high hopes on her to be a Wojtas type of player a few years later.

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:21 pm

A message to hungarian fans !

Don't be furious or sad the challenge without The queen Anita Gorbicz was great and i ve saw many good hope in your team!
1) TRISCSUK Krisztina : i didn't knew her she is a good surprise for me because she is efficient (not artistic ;) )
2) Gabriella Toth she is so and so young i think she have a great futur
3) Planeta because she is tall left handed (so rare) and with a good mobility

So with a good head coach and Gorbi back your team will be very dangerous!
You have a good coach and she is a woman :Edina Borsos

In France we know her because is in our staf since a long time and i am she 've learn many things with Krumbholz and Portes!

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:27 pm

CSM Bucharest wrote:Gergő, do you still dream at Krumbholz? Jesus... Look at Rasmussen, a young and modern coach, and cheap!

He will go to Germany to coach a Bundesliga team starting with the summer.

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 pm

bajkalb wrote:Regarding Planéta: She has the talent, but she is lack of confidence.

She does lack confidence !? Well, I see her shooting from every position, imo that´s exactly the opposite of not having confidence... ;-) But indeed she is a talent who needs a little more time and lots of games on high level.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:53 pm

doomark wrote:
CSM Bucharest wrote:Gergő, do you still dream at Krumbholz? Jesus... Look at Rasmussen, a young and modern coach, and cheap!

He will go to Germany to coach a Bundesliga team starting with the summer.

Good, good...I hope he brings some super fast håndbold pige with him. =D> Maybe unlikely (with him being the Polish coach) but one can hope...
idle banter.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Joana wrote:

uhum she was.

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:20 pm

doomark wrote:
bajkalb wrote:Regarding Planéta: She has the talent, but she is lack of confidence.

She does lack confidence !? Well, I see her shooting from every position, imo that´s exactly the opposite of not having confidence... ;-) But indeed she is a talent who needs a little more time and lots of games on high level.

I wish you're right, but no, her confidence is her biggest problem. It's quite a general opinion. Actually, it's a long term issue, in which couaches works on.

hand22
Rookie

Postby hand22 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:49 pm

16.12.2014 15:45 Netherlands Montenegro ....
16.12.2014 18:00 Sweden Slovakia .....
16.12.2014 20:15 Germany France.....

Come on people your opinion about today matches :p :lol:

JanniB
Extra Member

Re: EHF EURO 2014 - Main Round

Postby JanniB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Netherlands - Montenegro 27-31 (13-15, 14-16)

Netherlands: Estavana Polman 8, Laura Van der Heijden 5, Cornelia Nycke Groot 4, Martine Smeets 3, Yvette Broch 3, Debbie Bont 2, Danick Snelder 1, Jurswailly Luciano 1

=D> Montenegro: Andjela Bulatovic 10, Radmila Petrovic 6, Jovanka Radicevic 4, Marija Jovanovic 4, Milena Knezevic 3, Suzana Lazovic 3, Majda Mehmedovic 1

power

Postby power » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:20 pm

about Hungary-Denmark briefly:Pytlick knocked out Németh.He got no answer at all.He could have taken out a time out and do something but he didn't 'cos he wouldn't have been able to say anything.He should go.
We were completely unorganised from the beginning.This danish team could have been beaten easily but like that we can thank Kiss that the difference was not bigger.Anyway we can have a very good team for Rio.

New coach,Kiss ,Bíró,Tóth,Kovacsics,Korsós,Bódi,Szepesi,Tomori,Planéta..

Németh,Herr,Szamoránszky,Bulath,Kovacsicz by by.

One more thing on the financial side.This EURO was a disaster financially in Croatia(empty arenas)now it's gonna be the same in Hungary.They say that handball is extremely popular in Hungary,well,our girls are very popular for sure but 90% of the people don't give a k**f about handball generally.The ticket prices are too high in Hungary anyway.(Those people who set the prices must live in a parallel universe)

Anyway it was the same in Serbia.Serbians were interested in matches only of their own team.

Cut it short ,female handball is nowhere at the moment.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:03 pm

JanniB wrote: Montenegro: Andjela Bulatovic 10,

This will never ever happen, not even in a dream :)

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:26 pm

The refs in this championships are just awful sometimes. Example Sweden had to fight both France and the refs. Roumania had to fight Hungary + the refs

JanniB
Extra Member

Postby JanniB » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Sweden - Slovakia 31-22 (17-11, 14-11)

=D> Sweden: Isabelle Gulldén 9, Ida Oden 5, Anna-Maria Johansson 3, Jessica Helleberg 3, Nathalie Hagman 3, Ulrika Ågren 3, Louise Sand 2, Sabina Rosengren Jacobsen 2, Linnea Torstensson 1

Slovakia: Simona Szarkova 7, Monika Rajnohova 5, Lucia Sukennikova 3, Lydia Jakubisova 2, Reka Bizikova 2, Tetyana Trehubova 2, Dominika Hornakova 1

Return to “Female Handball”