EHF EURO 2014 - Main Round - Final day

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Re: EHF EURO 2014 - Main Round - Final day

Postby gergő » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:
gergő wrote:németh must go after the 5-6th anyway. if the hungarian HA will not sack him, i gon boycott our female nt.

What if they sack Köstner and give a real video analyst + fitness coach to Németh?
And force him to forget Szamoránsky?

németh doesnt improve as a coach for a while. and he was that who let the 2 norwegians go. it was his choice. he was who brought his mate, köstner to the squad. he is not an option anymore. but im affraid, after this "fake" win, the handball association will secure him in this job.
and if we're talking about our players, its not only szamoránszky. but kovacsicz, bulath (even if she was not bad at the 2nd half), herr, erdősi. anyway, andrás németh is an incompetent, old and arrogant(!) person. need to be retire and enjoy his last couple of years or decades.

fmj
Extra Member

Postby fmj » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Complacency is a dangerous pastime.

Interesting semi against Sweden, they are looking good, but I think the gk-situatuon is going to be decisive. We have to watch out, Sweden's 63% efficiency is the best out of all teams.

haandballstroll
Handball Fan-atic

Postby haandballstroll » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Denmark-Spain: from the beginning it was clear that Danish are not in "fighting module" even Spain didn't fight either too much (besides Navarro who won the match in fact). Pitlyck of course a great coach but he did not manage tune girls on a victory wave at all.
Norway-Hungary: I understand they were not in "fighting module" either but so much it is bordering on unsportsmanlike. It was not pleasure at all to watch how keeper followed ball in the goal or girls followed with eyes Hungarian girls broke through almost unexisted Norwegian defense repeatedly.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 pm

masch1 wrote:
John wrote:@masch1

Some on girl, don't be like that, i'm not used to you being like this :)

It's one thing to lose if you fight hard, but this... it's a disgrace really. To show no passion at all in a match for a semi. It makes me think: 'then why should we watch them?' Spain was clearly nervous and giving us all the chances to get a good start but we weren't present at all.

One thing is, he relies on a defense from a club that's placed at the very lowest end of the league! 3-4 players from this team that hasn't performed at all this season! To add to it, I believe Mulle is overrated. She's good against level or inferior teams but she can do nothing against the really strong ones. Perhaps the player material isn't there in DK, IDK, but I'd like to see what another coach could get out of it.

But the more I think about it, the more I think it comes down to the relationship between the players and the coach. He k**f up the confidence of both AM Hansen and Lærke Møller during his idiotic display at GL and plays them out against each other (making sure they get of to a really bad start), then he summons Rikke Skov after Bondes injury and then changes his mind, making it very difficult for himself to call Skov when he then later needs her. Meanwhile Svalastog is standing on the side, realizing she was not Pytlicks first choice. And this same thing is the reason Fisker goes and talks to the press because she feels she needs to stand up for a teammate, which makes the team arrive to a championship in unbalance (yes, stupid by Fisker, her only excuse is that she's young).

The players have previously rebelled against him, and I don't think it will take much for them to do so again. They need a stronger coach, whose authority they respect (Fiskers action shows how low that level of respect is IMO)

Someone should write a book about how Pytlick is able to k**f things up...

Bah- just because your fav darlings didn't perform. All players needs to step up a notch. A shame to say it but some players seemed awful tired imo. Fitness level must improve.
I welcome your post with enthusiasm.Image

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Mixball wrote:
masch1 wrote:
John wrote:@masch1

Some on girl, don't be like that, i'm not used to you being like this :)

It's one thing to lose if you fight hard, but this... it's a disgrace really. To show no passion at all in a match for a semi. It makes me think: 'then why should we watch them?' Spain was clearly nervous and giving us all the chances to get a good start but we weren't present at all.

One thing is, he relies on a defense from a club that's placed at the very lowest end of the league! 3-4 players from this team that hasn't performed at all this season! To add to it, I believe Mulle is overrated. She's good against level or inferior teams but she can do nothing against the really strong ones. Perhaps the player material isn't there in DK, IDK, but I'd like to see what another coach could get out of it.

But the more I think about it, the more I think it comes down to the relationship between the players and the coach. He k**f up the confidence of both AM Hansen and Lærke Møller during his idiotic display at GL and plays them out against each other (making sure they get of to a really bad start), then he summons Rikke Skov after Bondes injury and then changes his mind, making it very difficult for himself to call Skov when he then later needs her. Meanwhile Svalastog is standing on the side, realizing she was not Pytlicks first choice. And this same thing is the reason Fisker goes and talks to the press because she feels she needs to stand up for a teammate, which makes the team arrive to a championship in unbalance (yes, stupid by Fisker, her only excuse is that she's young).

The players have previously rebelled against him, and I don't think it will take much for them to do so again. They need a stronger coach, whose authority they respect (Fiskers action shows how low that level of respect is IMO)

Bah- just because your fav darlings didn't perform. All players needs to step up a notch. A shame to say it but some players seemed awful tired imo. Fitness level must improve.

My favourite darlings? I believe I wrote it was a disgrace, by that I mean from all and yes all need to step up (except maybe Line Jørgensen and Kviesgaard). But Pytlick made so many mistakes before this championship, it's embarrassing. We got off from a bad start from the beginning. Yes, they were unlucky with injuries, sickness and maybe tired but we've seen the same thing happen so many times. There's always an excuse but in the end nothing changes.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 am

masch1 wrote:
Mixball wrote:
masch1 wrote:It's one thing to lose if you fight hard, but this... it's a disgrace really. To show no passion at all in a match for a semi. It makes me think: 'then why should we watch them?' Spain was clearly nervous and giving us all the chances to get a good start but we weren't present at all.

My favourite darlings? I believe I wrote it was a disgrace, by that I mean from all and yes all need to step up (except maybe Line Jørgensen and Kviesgaard). But Pytlick made so many mistakes before this championship, it's embarrassing. We got off from a bad start from the beginning. Yes, they were unlucky with injuries, sickness and maybe tired but we've seen the same thing happen so many times. There's always an excuse but in the end nothing changes.

After this game the selection process is a lame excuse imo.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:11 am

Mixball wrote:After this game the selection process is a lame excuse imo.
[/quote]

Well as I see it, it started there, since we haven't played a single game truly good game (60 min) against strong resistance (Hungary's coach handed us all chances on a silverplate). We never found the flow as is needed and which we had in GL (yes just a training tournament but still). I watched some of the press conferences and trainings and I got the feeling the atmosphere was not what you could wish for in the beginning of a championship.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:18 am

masch1 wrote:

Well as I see it, it started there, since we haven't played a single game truly good game (60 min) against strong resistance (Hungary's coach handed us all chances on a silverplate). We never found the flow as is needed and which we had in GL (yes just a training tournament but still). I watched some of the press conferences and trainings and I got the feeling the atmosphere was not what you could wish for in the beginning of a championship.

We rely on technique and tactics only, and games against Spain is a tell tell on individual fitness. And the word of today is "strong resistance".

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:28 am

Mixball wrote:
masch1 wrote:

We rely on technique and tactics only, and games against Spain is a tell tell on individual fitness. And the word of today is "strong resistance".

Perhaps you are right, we were tired now and we knew beforehand that Spain is physically superior to us. But I also got a feeling there is more to it than that in the early matches (where we shouldn't be tired), and it scares me that our NT coach can make so many mistakes already before the championship has begun. Anyway, they won't change him, we know that, so I guess it can all be the same.

Hajas
Extra Member

Postby Hajas » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:29 am

Montenegro should have been out if the refs had done their job. Ågrens goal just few seconds before the end was ok and still the refs would not allow it. Sweden should have been number one and France number two but thanks again for incompetent refs

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:18 am

Hajas wrote:Montenegro should have been out if the refs had done their job. Ågrens goal just few seconds before the end was ok and still the refs would not allow it. Sweden should have been number one and France number two but thanks again for incompetent refs

Yes, but too quick on the wisle happens all the time. In the end game is just bad luck.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:24 am

masch1 wrote:
Mixball wrote:
masch1 wrote:

Perhaps you are right, we were tired now and we knew beforehand that Spain is physically superior to us. But I also got a feeling there is more to it than that in the early matches (where we shouldn't be tired), and it scares me that our NT coach can make so many mistakes already before the championship has begun. Anyway, they won't change him, we know that, so I guess it can all be the same.
All that are small problems blown up insanely, and blocks for a serious post mortem process.

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:52 am

Hajas wrote:Montenegro should have been out if the refs had done their job. Ågrens goal just few seconds before the end was ok and still the refs would not allow it. Sweden should have been number one and France number two but thanks again for incompetent refs

Fully agree here!

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:57 am

Mixball wrote:All that are small problems blown up insanely, and blocks for a serious post mortem process.

Small problems, IDK if I agree, but if even if it should be small problems, mentally it doesn't seem to take that much to affect us. If it's mainly a question of physique, how do you explain that the swedish players who play in our league and who's own (previous) coach stated that they were in poor physical condition can perform now? They can have changed their physique that much in such short time while playing in our clubs or in the swedish league? It's not like Pytlick, the players and the clubs haven't had focus on our players physical condition as well.

But the process you speak of - what do you suggest it should be?

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:39 am

doomark wrote:

Fully agree here!

And it is always France the victim ! vs Germany unvaluable goal and btw Sweden & Montenegro ?????
We are begening to become "parano"

Another sad thing for France : Only one defeat = go to final 5/6 , Spain two defeats in 1/2 final

Search the error !

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:45 am

doomark wrote:Fully agree here!

The foul was whistled before she even took a shot, so sorry for all of you, and i think she even steped on the line.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:31 am

frenchy wrote:And it is always France the victim !

Life is tough since Arnaldsson and Vidarsson retired, isn't it?

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:17 pm

frenchy wrote:
Another sad thing for France : Only one defeat = go to final 5/6 , Spain two defeats in 1/2 final

Search the error !

Error not found! Spain is in the other group. You weren't competing against them. How does it help you to think about it this way?

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Marco Aurelio wrote:Life is tough since Arnaldsson and Vidarsson retired, isn't it?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

frenchy

Postby frenchy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:09 pm

mikh wrote:
frenchy wrote:

Search the error !

Error not found! Spain is in the other group. You weren't competing against them. How does it help you to think about it this way?

Of course it was just a joke about the difference between the two groups!
I think Spain will be crushed by Montenegro ! Sweden was really tired after 50 mn aginst montenegrin France have beaten Montenegro but paid the cost after vs Sweden.
I imagine a final Norway Montenegro with Montenegro winner except if reference do their job!

JanniB
Extra Member

Postby JanniB » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Germany - Slovakia 36 - 22 (17-10, 19-12)

=D> Germany: Saskia Lang 6, Svenja Huber 6, Angie Birgit Geschke 4, Anna Loerper 4, Luisa Schulze 4, Anne Müller 3, Marlene Zapf 3, Kim Naidzinavicius 2, Ewgenija Minevskaja 1, Kerstin Wohlbold 1, Nadja Nadgornaja 1, Xenia Smits 1

Slovakia: Katarina Dubajová 5, Lydia Jakubisova 4, Lucia Sukennikova 3, Simona Szarkova 3, Klaudia Michnova 2, Monika Rajnohova 2, Tetyana Trehubova 2, Andrea Czanik 1

iq82
Rookie

Postby iq82 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:07 pm

It's incredible how people is unable to hit their predictions.

Montenegro and Spain beating beating nordic teams was very predictable, both are perfect match-ups for them including wins in recent years. In fact, that's a pity for Spaniards not to be confronting Sweden in semifinal, it'd be a great chance to reach a final again. Against Montenegro is just the opposite, maybe the worst match-up they can find in its way. I'm sure this sf will be a low-scoring match (about 45 goals or even less), with no many fast breaking goals, a lot of 9m, suspended player... summing up, a real fight on court in which Montenegro is favorite. Our guerreras will try to upset them and stun female handball world but i'd be more convinced of that with Bego Fernandez and Vero Cuadrado in the team. We're missing them all the euro championship.

John
:::Handball Expert:::

Postby John » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:13 pm

frenchy wrote:I imagine a final Norway Montenegro with Montenegro winner except if reference do their job!

I'm sure the "reference" Bonaventura sisters can show their "profesionalism" once more. Expect to see them once more in the final two matches.

Orevoir.

Mixball
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Mixball » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:07 pm

masch1 wrote:
Mixball wrote:All that are small problems blown up insanely, and blocks for a serious post mortem process.

Small problems, IDK if I agree, but if even if it should be small problems, mentally it doesn't seem to take that much to affect us. If it's mainly a question of physique, how do you explain that the swedish players who play in our league and who's own (previous) coach stated that they were in poor physical condition can perform now? They can have changed their physique that much in such short time while playing in our clubs or in the swedish league? It's not like Pytlick, the players and the clubs haven't had focus on our players physical condition as well.

But the process you speak of - what do you suggest it should be?

I know it's an important girly stuff with the social wellness, but it is back to the gym. It could also be a sign of a more poor matching in the Danish league I'm afraid. :(

If your look at Gulldén, her fitness level has increased a lot due to a personal trainer, and she goes on like a machine. =D>

To sum up: Only Line Jørgensen, Maria Fisker and somewhat Kviesgaard (who redeemed her selves from that awful WC) did OK imo. Finally Pytlick did the correct calculus for the placement order- unlike some EC's ago. There you got your book material. ;)
The four teams in the semi's are well deserved imo, and the two best games so far was NOR-SPA, MNE-SWE
NED was a nice surprise- Slovakia naah not so much, sorry @wbk. SRB did a DNF #-o . Spain is kind of back as same old.
RUS and HUN have been a disappointment, but in a very equal context.

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:03 pm

[quote="John"][quote="doomark"]
Fully agree here![/quote]

The foul was whistled before she even took a shot, so sorry for all of you, and i think she even steped on the line.[/quote]

Well I guess once the ref whistles that is it, but then it is in my opinion poor refereeing to whistle before the situation has settled itself. After all the refs are there for the advantage of the team which a foul has been committed against.. but I understood there probably couldn't have been given a goal anyway because the player who scored was forced into a fault before she scored. Which I think is the appropriate time to whistle.

Return to “Female Handball”