Danish League 2015-2016

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Re: Danish League 2015-2016

Postby heavenly » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Team Tvis Holstebro - København Håndbold 32-19 (15-7)

TTH: Jamina Roberts 5, Camilla Herrem 4, Stine Andersen 4, Nathalie Hagman 4, Linn Blohm 4, Jette Hansen 3,
Annette Jensen 3, Lærke Nolsøe 2, Sara Hald 1, Ida MIkkelsen 1, Sofie Lund 1.

København: Mia Rej 4, Anne Mette Hansen 3, Debbie Bont 3, Pernille Holmsgaard 2, Louise Svalastog 2, Mai
Kragballe 2, Maria Dueholm Sørensen 1, Edijana Dafe 1, Ronja Johansen 1.

Congrats TTH ! Concerning Copenhagen, en route to the relagation games. It's a very dramatic situation for
the Danish capitale's club. I don't think Møistad will stay as coach any longer...

AC La Cour even didn't score any goal tonight. Is she injured or what ?
By the way, I'm happy for Ronja who scored her 1st goal after coming back from an ACL injury.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:49 pm

AC had 6 shots. No goals... Also curious to why they didn't play AM Pedersen. She must have a tiny injury, and they didn't want to risk her in this match.

And also. The sooner they fire Møistad, the better for the team.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:19 am

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:00 am

http://europamester.dk/team-esbjerg-hen ... r-foer-vm/

So Esbjerg doesn't want to bring in a new player until the world cup break. Maybe Grigel will also wait until december to choose a new club. After all, a lot can happen before, during and after the world cup break. :-k
idle banter.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:03 am

HB9 wrote:http://europamester.dk/team-esbjerg-henter-ikke-en-ny-spiller-foer-vm/

So Esbjerg doesn't want to bring in a new player until the world cup break. Maybe Grigel will also wait until december to choose a new club. After all, a lot can happen before, during and after the world cup break. :-k

Hm, Polman was saying just the other day she missed Grigel (or an extra player) on court, with her shoulder injury and all. I guess it's as good as impossible to find anyone of proper level now.

Grigel can't wait. She needs to get playing time and training quickly if she doesn't wanna lose her NT spot. Besides, a tv2 journalist wrote on twitter the other day, that she had talked to Klavs Bruun and he said he was sure, Grigel would find another club soon and she inisinuated that he might know something.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:44 am

But time is running out for her, until the wc break there are...

French league: 2 game days

German league: 2-3 game days

Hungarian league: 3 game days

(And it will be the same for the rest of europe)

And if she waits another few days it will be yet another game less. Will she even get playing time? She will most likely join a team where she will be the #2 for the first game anyway. That's why I suggested if it even makes sense to find a new team now.
idle banter.

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:38 am

HB9 wrote:But time is running out for her, until the wc break there are...

And if she waits another few days it will be yet another game less. Will she even get playing time? She will most likely join a team where she will be the #2 for the first game anyway. That's why I suggested if it even makes sense to find a new team now.
HB9 wrote:But time is running out for her, until the wc break there are...

Yes but it's not just about the matches, it's also about training since it seems she's not even training with Esbjerg. But ofc. to move will probably also take some time, so she might not be able to make it anyway :-k

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Sucks for Esbjerg that they lost Susanne Madsen to SønderjyskE before the season. She would be an ideal back-up for Polman right now. Now she's under contact at SønderjyskE until 2017, maybe with a relegation-clause.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:09 pm

http://stiften.dk/sk-aarhus/holmriske-t ... dameligaen
Great interview with Holmris about stars running away from the league, having a better sub-top in the league and NFH as a future 'Slagelse'.

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:01 pm

maz wrote:http://stiften.dk/sk-aarhus/holmriske-tanker-om-dameligaen
Great interview with Holmris about stars running away from the league, having a better sub-top in the league and NFH as a future 'Slagelse'.

Good interview, but a little ironic that the article that says: "Altså der er ingen tvivl om, at de bedste herhjemme ikke kan konkurrere med de bedste internationalt. Vardar, Gyor, Buducnost, Rostov Don og Larvik." get's posted the day after FCM actually beats Györ, clearly, away. I know it's not the point, but it's a little fun to think about :)

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:42 pm

[quote="thomz"]
Good interview, but a little ironic that the article that says: "Altså der er ingen tvivl om, at de bedste herhjemme ikke kan konkurrere med de bedste internationalt. Vardar, Gyor, Buducnost, Rostov Don og Larvik." get's posted the day after FCM actually beats Györ, clearly, away. I know it's not the point, but it's a little fun to think about :)[/quote]

I think it's referencing past 5 years cl results / dominance and winners, not individual games. FCM also has a very nice +15 (iIRC) home win against Buducnost a season they won CL with, iIRC, 0 draws, 1 loss (against FCM) and won all other games.

The same would be said reversed if we go back to the period of DK dominance despite e.g. DK teams struggling against HYPO, and LADA back then.. and to some extend against Valcea and Zvezda too, btw.

thomz
Extra Member

Postby thomz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:45 pm

123123 wrote:
thomz wrote:Good interview, but a little ironic that the article that says: "Altså der er ingen tvivl om, at de bedste herhjemme ikke kan konkurrere med de bedste internationalt. Vardar, Gyor, Buducnost, Rostov Don og Larvik." get's posted the day after FCM actually beats Györ, clearly, away. I know it's not the point, but it's a little fun to think about :)

I think it's referencing past 5 years cl results / dominance and winners, not individual games. FCM also has a very nice +15 (iIRC) home win against Buducnost a season they won CL with, iIRC, 0 draws, 1 loss (against FCM) and won all other games.

The same would be said reversed if we go back to the period of DK dominance despite e.g. DK teams struggling against HYPO, and LADA back then.. and to some extend against Valcea and Zvezda too, btw.

I was kinda hoping the "I know it's not the point, but it's a little fun to think about :)" would mean nobody really took it seriously what i wrote, and took it like a "haha, ej ja hvor sjovt egnetlig" kinda way ;)

Extra Member

Postby 123123 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:59 pm

Sorry, I'll remember not to quote that part next time. :lol:

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Lærke Møller interview for Dagbladet:
http://dagbladet-holstebro-struer.dk/tt ... e-det-knae

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:47 pm

heavenly wrote:Lærke Møller interview for Dagbladet:
http://dagbladet-holstebro-struer.dk/tt ... e-det-knae

Nice interview, good to read that she apparently isn't trying to rush it.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 pm

Nice Trine Troelsen goals against Esbjerg yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/silkeborgvoelk ... =2&theater

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:42 pm

Bo$ko wrote:Bietigheim should change their coach firstly, if they plan to make any success this season. On paper, they have a roster for title, but their Bundesliga start is not impressive at all.

Well, do you mean five victories and one loss being number two in the league right now after beating Leipzig away and having lost the least amount of points in the league so far !? :lol:

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:41 pm

Well. Not the best of times in Aarhus but they definitely got worse with Lærke and Pontoppidan's injuries. The Tvis-match just got a lot harder. It sounds like Pontoppidan will be able to play although maybe not at 100%. I wanted Holmris to make changes but it's limited now. Mogensen will probably slide in at RB. Tough times got a lot tougher..

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:32 am

maz wrote:Well. Not the best of times in Aarhus but they definitely got worse with Lærke and Pontoppidan's injuries. The Tvis-match just got a lot harder. It sounds like Pontoppidan will be able to play although maybe not at 100%. I wanted Holmris to make changes but it's limited now. Mogensen will probably slide in at RB. Tough times got a lot tougher..

What is it with Ringkøbing :?: First Offendal, then Møller, know Lærke C. All knee injuries against Ringkøbing. I know, a coincidence, but how unbelievable is this. There must be some kind of jinx :( But we can at least hope for the best in Lærke C and Pontoppidans cases...

Oh and congrats to Ringkøbing on the win. I'm glad to read Neesgaard and Cecilie are apparently doing well atm.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:33 pm

Sounds like Pontoppidan is ready to play against Tvis. She twisted her ankle but will be able to play. They still don't know how long Lærke C will be out but they should probably know soon. Maybe even today. She's going through scanning and everything at the moment. If Pontoppidan is feeling 100%, she should start at RB.

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:38 pm

A few interesting quotes from an article in JydskeVestkysten

"Hun er hurtig og teknisk dygtig, så hun får afgjort en rolle, vurderer Jan Leslie, der ellers fik et pænt nej tak fra Grigel, da han først henvendte sig omkring et muligt klubskifte. - Tre-fire dage senere prøvede jeg igen, og så var det positivt derfra"

"De fleste regner med, at hendes brud med Esbjerg hænger sammen med manglende spilletid, men det gør det ikke, siger Jan Leslie"

So Grigel didn't want the move to Rostov at first, when Leslie contacted her about the transfer. Three or four days later, she suddenly wanted to.

And Leslie says the break-up between Esbjerg and Grigel didn't happen because of playing time. Doesn't really tell us much but if we are to believe in Leslie, that's one less possibility.

Grigel can get out of her contract with Rostov in the summer of 2016 if she wants to.

heavenly
Handball Fan-atic

Postby heavenly » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:13 pm

Apparently some German and German clubs were also interested to recruit Grigel according
to TV2 Sport. Good luck to her in Russia ! It won't be easy so far away from home, family
and friends...

I think she will give her version concerning the conflict with Lars Frederiksen later.
Now, the priority is only training and handball with her new club Rostov. :)

masch1
Handball Fan-atic

Postby masch1 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:25 pm

maz wrote:A few interesting quotes from an article in JydskeVestkysten

"Hun er hurtig og teknisk dygtig, så hun får afgjort en rolle, vurderer Jan Leslie, der ellers fik et pænt nej tak fra Grigel, da han først henvendte sig omkring et muligt klubskifte. - Tre-fire dage senere prøvede jeg igen, og så var det positivt derfra"

"De fleste regner med, at hendes brud med Esbjerg hænger sammen med manglende spilletid, men det gør det ikke, siger Jan Leslie"

So Grigel didn't want the move to Rostov at first, when Leslie contacted her about the transfer. Three or four days later, she suddenly wanted to.

And Leslie says the break-up between Esbjerg and Grigel didn't happen because of playing time. Doesn't really tell us much but if we are to believe in Leslie, that's one less possibility.

Grigel can get out of her contract with Rostov in the summer of 2016 if she wants to.

Interesting, I guess there could be several explanations: 1. did he contact her before she knew she could only sign foreign clubs (might have had her eye on a Danish one)?, 2. was she negotiating with other foreign clubs, 3. did she think (same as many people her) that she would have no playing time in Rostov Don and Leslie talked her into it? Or maybe something else?

Well good luck to her, I hope she'll settle well in Russia :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:37 pm

heavenly wrote:Apparently some German and German clubs were also interested to recruit Grigel according
to TV2 Sport.

That would definitely make sense. She probably had contact with the German clubs when Leslie contacted her. Then the German clubs probably wouldn't make the payment, and then she "settled" for Rostov.

And yeah. Good luck to Grigel! It's always sad to see good players leave Denmark and especially when they're Danish :)

maz
Extra Member

Postby maz » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:40 am

They still don't know much about Lærke C's knee but they are definitely fearing it's an ACL-injury. The results from the scanning and this whole course will come later in the week. The scanning now has a date as well - tomorrow. The process has been slow but they are prepared to play the last two matches without Lærke and without a left-handed RB. We will see first-hand how that works out tonight against Tvis. It's a tough challenge for sure.

Return to “Female Handball”