Brazil NT 2016

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Fabbr
Extra Member

Brazil NT 2016

Postby Fabbr » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:38 pm

I thought maybe it would be a good idea to start topics about national teams, as members do in a famous volleyball forum.
The discussions about national teams are always kind of lost in the middle of competition topics, national leagues topics and so on.
If people here find this a good idea, they can start topics for other NTs.

Fabbr
Extra Member

Re: Brazil NT 2016

Postby Fabbr » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Joana wrote:
I don't think there ever was much interest, TBH, handball has pretty much remained a fringe sport over there. The thing is that their golden generation has got old and those coming after them are not as good. They're experiencing something similar in volleyball too, albeit on a lesser scale, even though volleyball is infinitely more popular there.
It just goes in cycles. Look at Denmark, they never really recovered after 2004, and public interest has never been an issue for them.

In Brazil female handball is in a situation more similar to brazilian female basketball in the 90's. After being world champions in 1994 and silver medal in Atlanta 1996, Brazil didn't knew how to use this achievements to make the sport bigger here.
As for the NT, Soubak did not managed to prepare new players to what comes after Rio 2016. We have good players from 2010, 2012 and 2014 Junior World Chs, but he didn't found a way to prepare them for NT.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Fab, could you update us a little bit on topic? There are some players who are considering retirement from NT? What is your project for next WCh?
Live long and prosper.

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:16 pm

swarthofole wrote:Fab, could you update us a little bit on topic? There are some players who are considering retirement from NT? What is your project for next WCh?

Daniela Piedade, Maysa Pessoa and Fabiana Diniz officially announced their retirement from NT (and Diniz from handball at all).
Alexandra Nascimento didn't stated it officially, nor did it Deonise Cavaleiro, but they were not called for the tournament which will be held in Brasil next December. Fernanda da Silva was not called either, but she told she asked not to, and she will be available for NT in the future.
Duda Amorim stated officially that she still available for NT.
There has been some rumours about Soubak leaving BRA's NT, but nothing confirmed yet.
For now it seems most probable tha BRA's NT will not count with Cavaleiro, Nascimento, and the three officially retired, regardless of Soubak staying or not.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 pm

Fabbr wrote:Daniela Piedade, Maysa Pessoa and Fabiana Diniz officially announced their retirement from NT (and Diniz from handball at all).
Alexandra Nascimento didn't stated it officially, nor did it Deonise Cavaleiro, but they were not called for the tournament which will be held in Brasil next December. Fernanda da Silva was not called either, but she told she asked not to, and she will be available for NT in the future.
Duda Amorim stated officially that she still available for NT.
There has been some rumours about Soubak leaving BRA's NT, but nothing confirmed yet.
For now it seems most probable tha BRA's NT will not count with Cavaleiro, Nascimento, and the three officially retired, regardless of Soubak staying or not.

Thank you for your promptness and your inside news! I suddenly remembered that this year we won't see your NT anymore(which is a loss for me) and I was wondering how things move on for you, guys. Maybe you could post here some links from that tournament you've mentioned if there are some live streamings.
I am looking forward to meet you again after that heavy bullet we took this summer (I am a Romanian handball fan :evil: )
Thank you again, man, I knew we could rely on your help regarding new info and some documented opinion on this subject... :thumright: :thumleft:
Live long and prosper.

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:38 pm

swarthofole wrote:Fab, could you update us a little bit on topic? There are some players who are considering retirement from NT? What is your project for next WCh?

Fernanda (left back) is out as well, as she is pregnant. This may give an opportunity for Larissa to establish herself in the NT.

Fabbr
Extra Member

Postby Fabbr » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:21 pm

doomark wrote:
Fernanda (left back) is out as well, as she is pregnant. This may give an opportunity for Larissa to establish herself in the NT.

I think you mean the left winger. I didn't knew she was pregnant. She only declared she wants to take a break for now and get back later to NT. Now I see the reason why. A great loss if she doesn't make to WCh 2017, I think neither Larissa nor Samira are now close to her level, as Jéssica Quintino is to Alexandra's, for example.

doomark
Handball Fan-atic

Postby doomark » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:55 am

Fabbr wrote:I think you mean the left winger. I didn't knew she was pregnant. She only declared she wants to take a break for now and get back later to NT. Now I see the reason why. A great loss if she doesn't make to WCh 2017, I think neither Larissa nor Samira are now close to her level, as Jéssica Quintino is to Alexandra's, for example.

Yeah, left wing, was super tired, when I wrote it, never would mix Fe with Duda, haha.

Return to “Female Handball”