Larvik HK, new generation, 2017/18

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Raven
Regular

Re: Larvik HK, new generation, 2017/18

Postby Raven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Kiddo wrote:Always enjoy these conversations Raven. And you actually did enlighten me on the situation of the second line up of CSM. I think Vicki (VK) would be a great addition to the team. Not even necessary to be second line up. Just healthy competition and replacement for each other (Neagu/Gulden/Kristiansen + hopefully Madalina Zamfirescu?

Just wonder when one of the great Rumanian players will ever end up in the Norwegian league? As it seems like the Norwegians thrive in your league (except for Herrem, but she played mostly one year in each league missing her BF Stegavik wherever she went...).

As for RB, I hope you keep Jørgensen, as I think there is great potential to her game with more playing time. Otherwise she´s more than welcome in Larvik! With her and Molid in defence, it´s what Larvik missed this season! :D

The pleasure is mine Kiddo , chatting with u about handball is one guitly pleasure that i can`t have in many places nowdays. Yes Madalina is such a competitive great girl. Dunno about why don`t u get romanians , probably must be the sallary and the hard language. I don`t think we have somebody born after 80 that doesn`t know english , and i speak for general ppl. As for a player probably is the integration or the request for them to play there . Who knows , distance from their family , i really don`t know, but maybe is because many norvegian teams only think at growing their own young players , and as it seems comparing what do u guys achieved in the last 15 years , is working better for you guys by a LOT :)

Funny about Jorgensen, here is used as central defender close to zero. I mean , i don`t remember not even one time since when Helle is here for her to defend in central . Maybe she was caught there because we couldn`t make the substitute with Sabina/Ayglon but most of the time if that happened and she couldn`t change she defend with Manea/Frafjord , and that defence is horror for us. Sadly without Sabina/Frafjord or Sabina/Ayglon , we are terrible in the center. :(

If you can give us a good defender with her profile being a leftie , it would be great :) Any prospects of RB in any other teams from Norway ? :P

Love the heart & spirit of CSM București tigresses ; Respekt Larvik HK history =D>

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 pm

Silje Waade... Byåsen, she is fierce. Kjerstin Boge Solås - only 19 I think. Great defender and almost made the impossible possible in last years cup finals against (old)Larvik, scoring 10 goals or so. Both can be used as CB, RB and to some degree RW. Except for those two, most Norwegian lefties swap between defence and attack. Hjertner, Mørk did it, Kurtovic to some extent, Sulland and more. I guess that´s the great thing with Jørgensen being two way player. Just don´t get she doesn't fit your team with her former FCM coach Helle there.

I think both could be first line up defence for sure @CSM.I actually hope for Boge Solås to LArvik next season! I think her contract with Tertnes expires. However, she recovers from knee injury ( i think it´s called ACL). I think she and Molid would be exactly what LArvik needs defence wise. Have a slim hope they also will sign Solberg, as they have mentioned they try to sign 3 NT players for next season. Molid, one down, two to go.

Raven
Regular

Postby Raven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Kiddo wrote:Silje Waade... Byåsen, she is fierce. Kjerstin Boge Solås - only 19 I think. Great defender and almost made the impossible possible in last years cup finals against (old)Larvik, scoring 10 goals or so. Both can be used as CB, RB and to some degree RW. Except for those two, most Norwegian lefties swap between defence and attack. Hjertner, Mørk did it, Kurtovic to some extent, Sulland and more. I guess that´s the great thing with Jørgensen being two way player. Just don´t get she doesn't fit your team with her former FCM coach Helle there.

I think both could be first line up defence for sure @CSM.I actually hope for Boge Solås to LArvik next season! I think her contract with Tertnes expires. However, she recovers from knee injury ( i think it´s called ACL). I think she and Molid would be exactly what LArvik needs defence wise. Have a slim hope they also will sign Solberg, as they have mentioned they try to sign 3 NT players for next season. Molid, one down, two to go.

Kjerstin Boge Solås sounds promising but thats the catch with young players and big clubs. CSM is not known to have patience with youngsters besides Bazaliu. We had one before , Elena Dache and we put her on loan to Rapid. So , better for Kjerstin to grow up in that healthy enviroment there . Sulland yes, she`s a real threat and a great player with huge experience but at 33 years i don`t know how much she has in the tank already, although she`s doing great at Vipers from what i heard.

About Jorgensen more , yes , Helle give her plenty of time to get on shape, mentioning also that Kurtovic needed a time to adjust to Romania probably , to her colegues , and if i may say so in the other aspects, she`s a real piece of character this Amanda. :)

You can see just looking at CSM how good of a relation she has with Neagu on the court. After the game against Gyor, Neagu besides giving the team and all the defence all the credit for their performance , most of all she encourage and hugs Amanda for her great game. It`s a joy to see such a complete player giving all the credit to a colegue in her team. Maybe most ppl don`t understand Neagu ( as i saw from Ayglon interview ) , speaking that she`s cold , or not very comunicative , but she`s the ultimate pure talent player with a healthy mind that only thinks about being the best competitor there is . She`s direct , that`s an aspect that most ppl hate to hear in a person, but if u have a good center of reality that surounds you and a sincere mind that accept critic only to become better & stronger , she can make you better in every aspect not to mention she can give u pure insight that only few outstanding players can give.

Considering how well she can get along with Neagu , sooner or later she will explode ( i hope ) threathening even Mork in your NT , and that only makes it better for u guys. For sure , it hasn`t been the best national prestation from her in 2017 in Germany but she only get the hang of it in here , but i have high expectation from her if only she remains injury free and continue like the way she started this year in CSM.

A photo that i would love showing it to you if u don`t mind :

Love the heart & spirit of CSM București tigresses ; Respekt Larvik HK history =D>

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 am

Larvik signed a new swedish gk, Jasmine Gluic. I have never heard of her, nor know her qualities. Just see she´s been part of the Swedish youth NT. Anyone with more knowledge regarding her game?

https://www.op.no/larvikhk/sport/handba ... -36-514933

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:54 pm

June andenæs and Tonje Roth Berglie signed new contracts with Larvik. Tonje will at least stay till 2020. Regarding June´s signing, if Malm Frafjord leaves CSM (which I can´t understand why she would, if there are anything to the rumours), it seems like Vipers is the strongest contender, as Larvik already has 3 pivots.

https://www.larvikhk.no/2018/02/27/forl ... ntraktene/

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:22 pm

Young Junior NT player Karoline Lund signed a 2 year contract with Larvik HK. Might be an option to Tine Stange in the future, and the article mentions something of Tine being Karoline´s mentor. a good signing, considering Mari Finstad Bergum has done a great job in defence this year, and they play together at the Junior NT.

https://www.larvikhk.no/2018/02/28/spil ... fremtiden/

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Vipers lost one point to Oppsal today, no 10 on the rankings... Who would believe it would be so tight this season with Vipers ambition to trash all and everyone... Vipers 30 points, Larvik 29, Storhamar 28! They will all face each other in the last 5 games!

Hope Thea Mørk will stay. Anyone knows if she is in touch with other clubs, such as Györ again?

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:34 am

Thea Mørk just signed a 3 year contract with København. It is a loss to Larvik, however, how they managed to develop players over the last year, I am not concerned even though Thea is a magnificent player. Tonje Roth Berglie played pretty well this season, and might develop even more. Best of luck to Thea in København. Wonder who will replace her in Larvik. Perhaps they will sign a player from the junior national team where Oustorp is the coach, just like they did Karoline Lund?

http://sport.tv2.dk/haandbold/2018-03-1 ... koebenhavn

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Apparently Tor Oddvar Moen found a new club, Siofok! Only Tine Stange and Linn Kristin Rigelhuth Koren remains from the former glory days!

https://www.op.no/sport/handball/larvik ... -36-537557

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Sara Møller just signed a contract with Larvik. Previous experience at Molde, Sola,Bækkelaget and now Follo. She is a left wing , supposedly replacing Thea Mørk

https://www.op.no/sport/larvikhk/handba ... -36-541896

She scored the same amount of goals in 1st division as Karoline Lund (13), the other signing of Larvik. Apparently she is super fast!

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Larvik secured silver in the lease this year (beat Heidi Like and Storhamar 33-22, Storhamar didn´t even play european cup, a weak team according to expectations... I do not like to criticise other teams, and I do this time, but no EC, they should have won if their squad was as strong as they claimed). Experts didn´t even think they would get a medal with the new team with replacements all over the place, Koren Rigelhuth pregnant etc. Sorry Raven, I hope Malm Frafjord will come back. They will loose Mørk and Breistøl, Molid as one of the best defenders in the world is a great replacement for B, Thea is amazing, but LW is not the most important role to replace (even though she is outstanding, hope she will do wonders in Esbjerg with most of the rooster being past LHK...). Roth Berglie is impressive, and can do major steps next year. Hope this young team will go to the finals of the last tournament of the year. They deserve it, as they are becoming a dark horse, just like Buducnost this year. It´s a shift of generations happening, and the Handball world needs teams with focus on new prospects! Go Larvik, hope to see you in CL next year!

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:24 am

Larvik can face bankruptcy if they do not manage to gather NOK 3 mill. Yesterday the girls gathered 2.2 mill without counting the "smaller" amounts donated within 4 hours!! This sum will be counted within tomorrow. Seems like Larvik survived this scare as well. It just says how strong the brand Larvik is in Norway, no other team would manage the same in the league. Just happy they survived. Hope they can keep on signing some surprises for next season. Andrea Rønning from Gjerpen has been mentioned, Bakkerud ended up in Odense even though both Byåsen and Larvik wanted her signature. Remains to be seen!

The problems they face now is old debt. They have had a stellar pluss the last 2 years. Will be exciting to see how that will affect the future years!

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 am

Kiddo wrote:Larvik can face bankruptcy if they do not manage to gather NOK 3 mill. Yesterday the girls gathered 2.2 mill without counting the "smaller" amounts donated within 4 hours!! This sum will be counted within tomorrow. Seems like Larvik survived this scare as well. It just says how strong the brand Larvik is in Norway, no other team would manage the same in the league. Just happy they survived. Hope they can keep on signing some surprises for next season. Andrea Rønning from Gjerpen has been mentioned, Bakkerud ended up in Odense even though both Byåsen and Larvik wanted her signature. Remains to be seen!

The problems they face now is old debt. They have had a stellar pluss the last 2 years. Will be exciting to see how that will affect the future years!

I will be happy if they indeed survive. It would have been bloody shame to loose Larvik.

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Sun May 06, 2018 11:22 pm

I will be happy if they indeed survive. It would have been bloody shame to loose Larvik.[/quote]

They did survive! Not just survive economically, but trashed Storhamar with Heidi Løke 41 - 32. Hege Løke and Rivaas Toft, amazing additions to the team. These girls might bite hard next season, hope they will qualify for CL. They might get a chance as they will meet Kristiansand Vipers in the finals.

Larvik started from scratch, built up a new team with prospects that would not develop the same way in other teams, and will now be contenders to the NT! Christensen, Toft, Hjertner, Løke, Tollbring even Andenæs and more... Next season Vipers might be in trouble, as these young and starving starlets might challenge Larviks former ghost of established stars. Just happy Larvik survived, they are the locomotive in Norwegian female handball.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon May 07, 2018 5:53 am

Kiddo wrote:I will be happy if they indeed survive. It would have been bloody shame to loose Larvik.

They did survive! Not just survive economically, but trashed Storhamar with Heidi Løke 41 - 32. Hege Løke and Rivaas Toft, amazing additions to the team. These girls might bite hard next season, hope they will qualify for CL. They might get a chance as they will meet Kristiansand Vipers in the finals.

Larvik started from scratch, built up a new team with prospects that would not develop the same way in other teams, and will now be contenders to the NT! Christensen, Toft, Hjertner, Løke, Tollbring even Andenæs and more... Next season Vipers might be in trouble, as these young and starving starlets might challenge Larviks former ghost of established stars. Just happy Larvik survived, they are the locomotive in Norwegian female handball.
[/quote]

Good luck to Larvik!

will4104

Postby will4104 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 am

It's another "Larvik get into a grave financial situation and survive at the last minute" episode. :P

Synchrony

Postby Synchrony » Mon May 07, 2018 10:22 am

I may have missed this information somewhere around the forum, but who's going to coach Larvik when Tor Odvar Moen leaves?

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Mon May 07, 2018 12:16 pm

Synchrony wrote:I may have missed this information somewhere around the forum, but who's going to coach Larvik when Tor Odvar Moen leaves?

Geir Oustorp and Lene Rantala

Kiddo
Extra Member

Postby Kiddo » Wed May 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Larvik beat Storhamar 27-22 tonight. Seems like they might get a spot in the CL qualifying tournament. Who would have thought that before this season. Congrats girls, 2 matches to go.

Vipers on the other hand might do a scoop and sign Silje Waade, Storhamar Kristin Venn... Seems like there will be a 3 team competition in the future. Makes the league more interesting and probably stronger.

Molid returning pluss some interesting signings, and what they did to THIS team this year... Kudos. Emilie Christensen is again part of the NT, for an all star match and qualifying match. Think there will be competition between her and Marta Tomac for the NT spot in the future.

What other teams might go for CL qualifying spots? Russia? France? Germany? Who has two spots? Hungary and Denmark?

Lucy

Postby Lucy » Wed May 09, 2018 9:34 pm

What other teams might go for CL qualifying spots? Russia? France? Germany? Who has two spots? Hungary and Denmark?[/quote]

Hungary and Denmark have two places

Guess France, Norway and maybe Romania/Germany will apply for and extra place
Lada didnt apply this year because they didnt think the team is strong enough, but maybe this year?

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Larvik took a hell of a beating (to quote Bjørge Lillelien) in these two games. Surprising to see such a huge difference.
idle banter.

Return to “Female Handball”