2017 Women's Youth U17 EHF Championships [Division 2] (Macedonia & Lithuania)

Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

2017 Women's Youth U17 EHF Championships [Division 2] (Macedonia & Lithuania)

Postby Wbk » Fri May 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Generation of players born in 2000 and younger involved.

Tournament in Skopje (Macedonia)

The event will be staged from 31 July to 6 August.

The top two teams promoting to the 2019 Women's Junior U19 EURO [Division 1].

Preliminary groups draw:
Group A: Poland, Macedonia, Switzerland, Greece, Faroe Islands
Group B: Slovenia, Bulgaria, Iceland, Israel, Kosovo

Tournament on the EHF webpage:
http://www.eurohandball.com/ech/01-02/1 ... ship+-+MKD

Tournament in Klaipeda (Lithuania)

The event will be staged from 14 to 20 August 2017.

Preliminary groups draw:
Group A: Portugal, Belarus, Turkey, Italy, Georgia
Group B: Ukraine, Lithuania, Finland, Latvia, Great Britain

http://www.eurohandball.com/ech/01-01/1 ... ship+-+LTU
Last edited by Wbk on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 Women's Youth U17 Championships [Division 2] (Macedonia & Lithuania)

Postby Wbk » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Wbk wrote:Tournament in Skopje (Macedonia)

Preliminary groups draw:

Tournament homepage:
http://w17ehf2017mkd.mk/

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 Women's Youth U17 Championships [Division 2] (Macedonia & Lithuania)

Postby Wbk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Wbk wrote:
Wbk wrote:Tournament in Skopje (Macedonia)

Preliminary groups draw:

Tournament homepage:
http://w17ehf2017mkd.mk/

Livestreaming from Skopje tournament:

http://w17ehf2017mkd.mk/live-stream/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClAsvq ... XJhl0UHViQ

Matches should be archived for re-watch.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 Women's Youth U17 Eur. Championships [Division 2] (Macedonia & Lithuania)

Postby Wbk » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:05 pm

First tournament in Skopje has started.

A highlight result of day 1: Iceland-Kosovo 25-26 8:)

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 Women's Youth U17 Eur. Championships [Division 2] (Macedonia & Lithuania)

Postby HB9 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:24 am

Greece has been excluded from the championship: http://www.eurohandball.com/article/029098

Good!

What was Greece even thinking of? And I don't care who idea it was, althought it would be sad if it came directly from such young players themselves. ](*,)
idle banter.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:55 am

Why do you think it would be sad?

I think they are right, because even EHF recognized a country as "FYR-Macedonia", read in article they wrote : "On Tuesday, 2 August 2017 at the Women’s 17 EHF Championship played in Skopje, FYR-Macedonia..."
So they are fully right not to accept any other name on jerseys of opponent players and officials.

Of course I believe that girls are manipulated for this political issue, as they probably don't care too much, but again you can't say it's sad, even if it's true!

* I had to put "-" to write the name of country.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:13 am

This is really idiotic. They should have played the match with the understanding that they will complain afterwards - and probably "FYR-Macedonia" would have been punished.

Edit: It is funny, you need to use "-" indeed :-k

bajkalb
Extra Member

Postby bajkalb » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:24 am

I can't follow you. So, what has happened?

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:27 am

Gojira wrote:Edit: It is funny, you need to use "-" indeed :-k

This is old Gjorče Petrov fans forum, where all written words about MKD are automatically changed, in "favour" of moderators. :lol:

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:31 am

So they are fully right not to accept any other name on jerseys of opponent players and officials.

I give up, this sport is evidently not for me. :lol:
idle banter.

Synchrony

Postby Synchrony » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:53 am

Bo$ko wrote:Why do you think it would be sad?

I think they are right, because even EHF recognized a country as "FYR-Macedonia", read in article they wrote : "On Tuesday, 2 August 2017 at the Women’s 17 EHF Championship played in Skopje, FYR-Macedonia..."

Of course I believe that girls are manipulated for this political issue, as they probably don't care too much, but again you can't say it's sad, even if it's true!

It says Macedonia on every jersey our players and officials wear whether it is handball, basketball, football etc. You surely don't expect us to write FYR-Macedonia by ourselves, right? Greeks can cry all they want their behavior was pathetic yesterday and they got what they deserved.
Last edited by Synchrony on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wbk
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Wbk » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:51 am

HB9 wrote:Greece has been excluded from the championship: http://www.eurohandball.com/article/029098

Good!

What was Greece even thinking of? And I don't care who idea it was, althought it would be sad if it came directly from such young players themselves. ](*,)

Bo$ko wrote:Why do you think it would be sad?

I don't like what Greece did at all.

But minute after minute, I'm starting to think that their anger is factically legitimate.

(...) In July 2011, the EHF Executive Board issued a decision on the name of Macedonia. This decision clearly stated that the Interim Agreement between Greece and Macedonia, ratified by the UN, will apply to all matches of the EHF National Teams and Associations. According to this decision, Macedonian teams can not appear, having in their clothes the name "Macedonia", but only the Macedonia name or the IOC's three letter code (MKD) (...)
Source: http://www.handball.org.gr/index.php/pr ... llada-pgdm

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:30 am

Wbk wrote:I don't like what Greece did at all.

But minute after minute, I'm starting to think that their anger is factically legitimate.

(...) In July 2011, the EHF Executive Board issued a decision on the name of Macedonia. This decision clearly stated that the Interim Agreement between Greece and Macedonia, ratified by the UN, will apply to all matches of the EHF National Teams and Associations. According to this decision, Macedonian teams can not appear, having in their clothes the name "Macedonia", but only the Macedonia name or the IOC's three letter code (MKD) (...)
Source: http://www.handball.org.gr/index.php/pr ... llada-pgdm

That's what I am talking about. Their move is probably for blame, but when delegate is totally not interested and calm, what should they expect from EHF? Afterwards complain (as Gojira said) wasn't bad idea, but I am sure they wouldn't get anything with it, as delegate was useless there.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:32 am

Synchrony wrote: You surely don't expect us to write FYR-Macedonia by ourselves, right?

I surely do expect you to write "FYR-Macedonia" as the name recognized by EHF or "MKD" !

Synchrony

Postby Synchrony » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:33 am

Bo$ko wrote:
Synchrony wrote: You surely don't expect us to write FYR-Macedonia by ourselves, right?

I surely do expect you to write "FYR-Macedonia" as the name recognized by EHF or "MKD" !
Sorry to disappoint you, but it' never going to happen.

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 am

Synchrony wrote: but it' never going to happen.

Of course it will happen after EHF investigate this case.
And don't worry, I am not disappointed at all, but rules must be respected!

Stefan_MNE
Champions League 2010/2011; 2011/2012 and European Championship 2012 Fantasy Game Winner

Postby Stefan_MNE » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm

What was the practice in previous EHF matches played in Macedonia? Did the national team of Macedonia appear as F Y R Macedonia on the scoreboard or in official reports?

omak
Extra Member

Postby omak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:14 pm

I think that the players did not have any indication (MKD nor Macedonia) on their jerseys. Greece complained about the other officials, whose equipment had "Macedonia" written on the back.
Here are the players "after the game". As you can see, there is nothing on the back of their jerseys, only a little flag.

http://kanal5.com.mk/sport_detail.asp?ID=15326

EDIT:

"This decision was made after the Greek national team withdrew from the match against Macedonia. They did it because Macedonia's officials had written "Macedonia" on their equipment. Greece demanded that they remove the equipment, and after it was not done, they asked for a time out, consulted with their federation and after that they left the field. Prior to this, they complained about the logo of the championship as well."

The above is a translation of the third paragraph of this article. https://goo.gl/KkA2Sq

Divi
Regular

Postby Divi » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:54 pm

Greeks being pathetic again, nothing new. Good job by EHF for kicking them out of the tournament.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:12 pm

It's final now:

"Following the decision to expel the Greek national team from the Women’s 17 EHF Championship, an appeal was lodged by the Greek Handball Federation.

After due consideration of all aspects of the case, including a statement from the Greek Handball Federation, the event’s Jury Commission upheld the decision of the Disciplinary Commission.

The Greek team will therefore play no further part in the event in Macedonia and its fine of €25.000 was confirmed."

http://www.eurohandball.com/article/29102

Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Nothing new from EHF, they have never changed their early made decisions, that are not investigated well. :lol: :roll:

Derp
Extra Member

Postby Derp » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Gojira wrote:It's final now:

"Following the decision to expel the Greek national team from the Women’s 17 EHF Championship, an appeal was lodged by the Greek Handball Federation.

After due consideration of all aspects of the case, including a statement from the Greek Handball Federation, the event’s Jury Commission upheld the decision of the Disciplinary Commission.

The Greek team will therefore play no further part in the event in Macedonia and its fine of €25.000 was confirmed."

I really hope that Greeks will refuse to pay that fine for EHF...

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 pm

Derp wrote:
Gojira wrote:It's final now:

I really hope that Greeks will refuse to pay that fine for EHF...

This would be really stupid.

omak
Extra Member

Postby omak » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Stefan_MNE wrote:What was the practice in previous EHF matches played in Macedonia? Did the national team of Macedonia appear as F Y R Macedonia on the scoreboard or in official reports?

I think that in reports is the name that we do not speak of (see what I did there :D), but on the scoreboards is always the constitutional name, Macedonia.

Marco Aurelio
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Marco Aurelio » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 am

omak wrote:
Stefan_MNE wrote:What was the practice in previous EHF matches played in Macedonia? Did the national team of Macedonia appear as F Y R Macedonia on the scoreboard or in official reports?

I think that in reports is the name that we do not speak of (see what I did there :D), but on the scoreboards is always the constitutional name, Macedonia.

BTW what do the Greeks say, what would be their version of your people's and country's name? Who are you from their point of view?

Return to “Female Handball”