Talking about FEMALE handball in the World
vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

2017 World Championship - Day 4

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:05 pm

12:00 Montenegro - Japan
12:00 South Korea - China

14:00 Slovenia - Angola
14:00 Hungary - Argentina (Hungary is 1.01 to win!)

15:30 Netherlands - Cameroon

17:45 Russia - Brazil
18:00 France - Paraguay
18:00 Sweden - Czech Republic
18:00 Germany - Serbia

20:30 Romania - Spain
20:30 Norway - Poland
20:30 Denmark - Tunisia

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Re: 2017 World Championship - Day 4

Postby HB9 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:53 pm

Good job with the grouping by times. =D> Makes it easier to pick out the good stuff for each time slot.
idle banter.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm

All talk about France or Netherlands as being "the peloton" after Norway (and sometimes Russia), but in fact Denmark also has one of the best squad of its last years. If the Danish fail, it's because of bad coaching. I think that even this Klavs knows the strenght of this team, otherwise he wouldn't have complained that much about the food in Germany.

Toft/Reinhardt

Fisker/Woller - Stine Joergensen/Haugsted - Kristina Kristiansen/Lotte Grigel - Line Joergensen/Burgaard/Tranborg - Boehme

Iversen/Heindahl

Although I don't understand why is Tranborg preferred, all the other right backs might be better. But Tranborg is solid too, she deserves to be in squad just because she is taking her chances to score. Klavs took Tranborg, Martin didn't take Bazaliu for instance (after Neagu and Florianu). And KK should play more, not just Grigel. There it is more balance in their quality.

The regular LB is class too. The goalkeeper and left wing positions are covered. At least pivot Sarah Iversen is also pretty good.

Now if Anne Mette Hansen returns and also to her best shape, you could fight for medals in many tournaments. And Trine Østergaard is also home. Let's see if Klavs is the right coach though.

Last year when you kicked Romania for the semifinals, you were not that strong and Romania also had a squad not in reconstruction.

What are the expectations in Denmark? Not talking about a potential cockiness of some players and even the coach.. A real objective and modesty, showing class on the field!

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Rasmussen is a bloody idiot and a k**f coward. He called into the squad the still not fully recovered Szucsánszki.

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/kezilabda/noi-kezi-vb-szucsanszki-is-csatlakozik-a-valogatott-kerethez-2606795

gregors
Regular

Postby gregors » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:53 am

"Rasmussen is a bloody idiot " =D> =D> :D

Scheersberg

Postby Scheersberg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:04 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:All talk about France or Netherlands as being "the peloton" after Norway (and sometimes Russia), but in fact Denmark also has one of the best squad of its last years. If the Danish fail, it's because of bad coaching. I think that even this Klavs knows the strenght of this team, otherwise he wouldn't have complained that much about the food in Germany.

Before the start of the WWCH Norway was for me the big favorite and France, Holland, Russia/Denmark were the teams that I expected in the semi-final.
After game day 1 and 2 I have some doubts about France and serious doubts about Holland, but I realise it is not fair to judge already so early since it 's a tournament and teams can grow into a tournament.
Now I would say I am only sure about Norway to reach SF and any team from Europa has the protential to reach the SF, even Hungary with still 0 points. It 's still a long way to go untill the Final.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:58 pm

what the hell happened to MNE?? :shock:
Live long and prosper.

will4104

Postby will4104 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm

swarthofole wrote:what the hell happened to MNE?? :shock:

The novelty wore off :P

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:05 pm

swarthofole wrote:what the hell happened to MNE?? :shock:

Remember I wrote that, and John and other anti-Adzic fans told me it's not true. That they are playing the best handball. I told them Denmark missed a lot, Montenegro was much poorer in defence and in attack only Radicevic was really good. Bulatovic far from her best, whilst Jaukovic a great talent is still young and not hugely consistent. Montenegro's goalkeepers are really bad.

But I am amazed Japan did again. This means mentality, unbelievable!

I don't think Johansson is as good as Adzic, and even under Adzic an fair objective would have been QFs.

@ Scheersberg

We will see, as long you play 1/16, you can still win the tournament. At Euro, if you lose 2-3 games, you are out from a potential semi. Maybe even from the main groups.

gergő
Handball Fan-atic

Postby gergő » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:43 pm

per johanson.jpg
per johanson.jpg (35.96 KiB) Viewed 2726 times

http://timeoutmag.com/2017/12/05/beside ... n-germany/

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Eh, like 30% of the world's adult population isn't smoking...

Guys, Brazil as all expected. Bad, bad, bad every game.. But if the reach 1/16, they have their chance! You never know, although even many regulars are very limited.

swarthofole
Handball Fan-atic

Postby swarthofole » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Live long and prosper.

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:42 pm

swarthofole wrote:
two clowns. really.

In fact Klavs is right and wants to change mentality in handball. Previously many Scandinavian handballers were eating unhealthy, I was following many on Facebook, including juniors.

You can't serve pork to sportsmen but yet again did they go out to eat or what? The German cooks didn't want to change the menu or what? If something like that happened, I don't know but otherwise why complaining, he should bring personal chef for the Danish NT.

Pork is really, really bad for sportsmen. Plus overcooked vegetables lose quality.

Johansson really acting clownish though. You cannot make this type of jokes at this education level, like you are some mafioso without manners. Maybe in other sports or domains. Maybe on football, whatever, when you are backed by results. Plus the Yugos must also change habits. And look at this declaration, it can also be interpreted. Some would think bad, not that it's just the joke of a slick.

I like strict people.

PS. Moreover when you have guests, you try to improve conditions, to make them happy. They were not yet as disrespectful they can be. Otherwise, the Scandinavians should also stop treating East Europeans as being second hand. MAYBE Per wanted to say this thing, but the attitude will not link both.

Mr. 007
Men's WC 2011 Fantasy game winner

Postby Mr. 007 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:29 pm

vlad_impaler wrote:
swarthofole wrote:
two clowns. really.

In fact Klavs is right and wants to change mentality in handball. Previously many Scandinavian handballers were eating unhealthy, I was following many on Facebook, including juniors.

You can't serve pork to sportsmen but yet again did they go out to eat or what? The German cooks didn't want to change the menu or what? If something like that happened, I don't know but otherwise why complaining, he should bring personal chef for the Danish NT.

Pork is really, really bad for sportsmen. Plus overcooked vegetables lose quality.

Johansson really acting clownish though. You cannot make this type of jokes at this education level, like you are some mafioso without manners. Maybe in other sports or domains. Maybe on football, whatever, when you are backed by results. Plus the Yugos must also change habits. And look at this declaration, it can also be interpreted. Some would think bad, not that it's just the joke of a slick.

I like strict people.

PS. Moreover when you have guests, you try to improve conditions, to make them happy. They were not yet as disrespectful they can be. Otherwise, the Scandinavians should also stop treating East Europeans as being second hand. MAYBE Per wanted to say this thing, but the attitude will not link both.

U can eat whatever u want, but just stay away from food with sugar :) it's not more complicated than that. Even Chinese call sugar "white man's death" :)

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 pm

I will not comment much the game. Romania played well in first half. The tempo was good in both halves, especially the second one. I watched most of the games of Germany 2017. Somehow the referees fragmented the game big.

Spain were close to win, although they are more limited as bench and in attack than us, but rely on some players with experience since our team is in some sort of reconstruction.

I personally praise the Romanian team after this third game, I disliked the matches against Paraguay and a Slovenia without defence. We improved defence, the attack was ok against a very tough defence. Although in the second half we were sleeping, but after 5-10 minutes also the injuries came. Florianu and Buceschi also had a problem. So we are closer to the top 6 objective, although the knockout phases are hard. I just want QFs, and then from there we will see.

Spain when it's allowed, has one of the best defences. And today, all was fine until the Argentinian referees destroyed the game. If after 10 minutes I said they have quality but I waited some experience, they just started to fragment A LOT the game. That's why there were not many goals. Plus the goalkeers were ok or our backs mainly hit the posts.

First half didn't bother me big, because in second half the Argies favourised the Spaniards. About 10 pro-Spanish decisions and 1 for Romania that came in the 58th minute. I am amazed in the last minute they gave that hugely clear penalty for us.

I believe Barbosa is one of the dirtiest players ever, I saw her before against Angola or Paraguay, full bodychecks. And when you are running, she likes to make foul even if you break your head and legs. On the other hand, if that violent bodycheck of Sandy didn't deserve a red card, Carmen Martin yes.

I may subjective though, Faith and Corbantis don't bash me too much if you don't like my opinion. I had this feeling about the game. I don't say at all it's corruption, but it's amateurism from IHF. Why Argentinian referees for the group derby Spain-Romania? There is handball in the women's league of Argentina? Plus Grillo is a Spanish name, so let's avoid complaints.

Moreover, for Norway-Hungary, we had Danish refs.

PS. Romania has new goalkeepers, 21 and 23 years old, some new wings and a pivot plus the best 2 defenders (Perianu and Szucs) are injured. Szucs is in Germany though but is not fit. :(

Mr. 007 wrote:
U can eat whatever u want, but just stay away from food with sugar :) it's not more complicated than that. Even Chinese call sugar "white man's death" :)

I hope you didn't get diabetes, Sir. I love sweet unfortunately.
Last edited by vlad_impaler on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catalin82
Extra Member

Postby catalin82 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:33 pm

Dedu, Dumnaska – portari; Udriştioiu, Geiger, Buceschi 4, Neagu 8, Laslo, A.M. Popa, Ardean Elisei 1, Florianu, Pintea 4, Berbece, Tomescu, Zamfirescu, Tatar, Dragut 2. Antrenor: A.Martin

Navarro, Zoqbi de Paula – portari; Martin 3, Nunez, Arderius, Chavez, Gutierrez 2, Echeverria, Garcia Avila 2, Gonzales de Garibay 1, Pena 4, Gonzalez Ortega, Gonzalez Alvarez 4, A. Rodriguez, Musons 1, Barbosa. Antrenor: Carlos Viver Arza

The game was really tens and defense oriented, every body wanting to perform in the matter.

The ROu defense was better but a really bad 9 m shooting from Spain.
A lot of turnovers in attack both sides and some a bit rough spanish defense but not extraordinary stuff.

Again Neagu made the difffrence and also our RB position was very bad, maybe with 5 min good from Dragut.

After Slovenia and Spain i say that is on track to the QF objective, but it more work to be done till that time.

kleber
Handball Fan-atic

Postby kleber » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:14 am

Russia-Brazil 24-16

never a russia win was so sad as this one for me,i was seeing the game already knowing IOC had suspended russian team from 2018 olympics.

hard times for russian sport.
Portugal is in the euro 2008,finaly!!!!!

OltchimRmValcea
Extra Member

Postby OltchimRmValcea » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:36 am

kleber wrote:Russia-Brazil 24-16

never a russia win was so sad as this one for me,i was seeing the game already knowing IOC had suspended russian team from 2018 olympics.

I'm still waiting a ban for Russia in junior handball competitions as well. http://www.eurohandball.com/article/029 ... violations
L. Hutupan-Dinu, V. Ardean-Elisei, Cristina Neagu, O. Manea, I. Stanca, M. Jovanovic, Y. Ozel, R. Maier.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyKvP63kFHw

vlad_impaler
Handball Fan-atic

Postby vlad_impaler » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:46 am

@ Kleber

Do you think it was started for Sochi? What if they said, let's show to the world we are the best because we finally host Olympics (Winter OG) and maybe since then they continued doping them? But yet again I think sportsmen were using meldonium doping since many years.

OltchimRmValcea wrote:
I'm still waiting a ban for Russia in junior handball competitions as well. http://www.eurohandball.com/article/029 ... violations

Basically these people are destroying the sport in Russia and its popularity in the world. At least if they would be as good as the Westerns to use hidden doping, in terms of efficiency. It's sad I say this. :(

Antonina Skorobogatchenko, Maria Duvakina and Mariia Dudina were like multiple medalists at World/Euro Championships of Youth/Junior handball.

How can they test positive in July/August 2017 if Meldonium substance was forbidden/banned in September 2016? Moreover what's worse is that these immature "adults", doctors, staff, chiefs etc doped kids. They should be put into jail, absolutely criminals. I am pretty much sure Meldonium before wasn't used for minors.

Unfortunately you cannot punish them big, until a universal and worldwide convention will be launched. Probably a law adopted after by all the countries. Because it would be injustice some to get minor punishment, others to be like hanged. Especially when we talk about kids.

They will get maximum 2 years, 3 years would be really harsh and will end their careers. The doctor gives you, but when you read "meldonium", you reject it. They all knew it was banned. I doubt we can talk about contamination in this kind of cases.

I just hope Mr Putin is not as bad as these people. And I repeat myself, we shouldn't make a stigmatisation for Russia. The West is as bad as East. We have several examples.

HB9
Handball Fan-atic

Postby HB9 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:44 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcVd2xBjFGc/

Swedish TV aren't a fan of the Czech horns. :lol: :lol:

(Suppose they prefer the quiet Swedes - Sorry, couldn't resist.)
idle banter.

Gojira
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Gojira » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:46 am

OltchimRmValcea wrote:
kleber wrote:Russia-Brazil 24-16

I find the silence quite disturbing. If they took forbidden stuff, why the delay in banning them? And you wait for a complete ban of Russia in vain.

Return to “Female Handball”