Waterpolo

Anything But Handball Here
User avatar
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 3695
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Podgorica - MONTENEGRO
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby Bo$ko » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:21 am

It should be team for Mediterranean Games ... A-team is preparing for Super League Final in Podgorica. ;)


Image

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Romania - Hungary 6:5 (2:1, 1:2, 2:2, 1:0)

Score evolution:
First quarter:
1-0 Radu
2-0 Diaconu
2-1 Varga

Second quarter:
3-1 Edi Andrei
3-2 Kiss Gergely
3-3 Szivos

Third quarter:
3-4 Peter Biros
4-4 Alex Matei
4-5 Varga
5-5 Iosep (5m)

Fourth quarter:
6-5 Radu

This is Romania's win in front of Hungary in waterpolo history. From what I understand, the Magyars had an almost full squad (only 3 missing players) as they are also prepairing for the WCh in Roma, Italy.

And of course I couldn't see the game, because stupid cooltv didn't work :(

User avatar
Lion
Super Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Re: Waterpolo

Postby Lion » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Romania much better than last year in Malaga Spain ?

WC in Rome/Italy 2009

Romania
Macedonia
Italy
USA

Romania and Macedonia onece again in the same group.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:36 pm

New coach, some new players, definitely brand new attitude. I think this team has probably the best mental amongst any Romanian teams, no matter what sport. I really am looking forward to see them compete in Roma.

I thought Macedonia had some problems and withdrew. Glad to see you will be there!

Best of luck!

User avatar
Lion
Super Member
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Re: Waterpolo

Postby Lion » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Romania playd semifinal a few years ago, last year draw with Serbia, maybe this year its time for final ?.

Macedonia playd two games with Montenegro B team, lose onece and won 13-10 in Budva last week. Also they will play against Great Britian and 1 or 2 preperation games in Italy.

Biggest threat for Romania onece again will be Milic from CL finalist Primorac. This time i keep Romania as favourite seem like Romanians are much better this year.

Italy is not that good but since they play at home I expect that reff will help them. USA should be favourite of the group.

Last year we wasted a good chance to make Q-final after win vs Romania and Russia, Macedonia lose to Germany 5 - 7. This year will be much harder since Romania is so much better. Italy, Romania and USA should make it to the next round.

User avatar
Bo$ko
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 3695
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: Podgorica - MONTENEGRO
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby Bo$ko » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Lion wrote:Romania playd semifinal a few years ago, last year draw with Serbia, maybe this year its time for final ?.


Romania in final ? ](*,) :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you joking with us, or what? :^o

Biggest threat for Romania onece again will be Milic from CL finalist Primorac.

Primorac is CL Winner ! 8:)
Image

User avatar
Necros
Super Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:13 pm
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Waterpolo

Postby Necros » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:57 am

Is anybody else watching the European Championship? Hungary beat Italy easily on the first day, then demolished Holland yesterday. Good start. :D
<- Zizi - 1000 goals (2010.01.27.) and counting! 8:) - Go Fradi! Image
Image
12x Hungarian Champion, 3x Cup Winner's Cup winner & 1x EHF Cup winner, 2x Champion's League finalist, 2x CWC runner-up, 12x Hungarian Cup winner.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Necros wrote:Is anybody else watching the European Championship? Hungary beat Italy easily on the first day, then demolished Holland yesterday. Good start. :D


I watched Romania's matches. Decent match and fair fight against Croatia and -2 loss, if I'm correct. We were at -1 with 2 mins left, but couldn't just get the equalizer.

Yesterday we played Spain and we had amazing first 2 quarters, but couldn't escape at more than +1. Moreover, Spain was always equalizing very fast. Then, the start of the 3rd quarter was awful and Spain went at 10-8. We replied fast and got back a goal and then missed a penalty, which in the end proved crucial :(
Last quarter we chased Spain again and after being at 10-11 for most of the time, the Spanish made a powerplay count to go at 10-12. Coach Kovacs and the guys were bitterly disappointed as they felt they had the match in their hands and they let a big win escape. For us, the objective is to get a good position for the classification matches and finish top 9, in order to get the ticket for the Edmonton pre-olympic tournament.

It's a bit frustrating to see the other group, where we could've done slightly better to reach our objective. However, it's good to play against top teams and see you can cause them a lot of trouble. Next we take Montenegro, tomorrow evening and I expect nothing less than a great fight by our team.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:32 pm

First shock! Germany - Spain 16:10, which makes Romania's mission slightly difficult. Now we should really win against Montenegro or Serbia and / or really sink Germany. All of it seems extremely difficult, but this team has always offered us reasons to believe in it so I will do that until the end of the competition!

User avatar
RukometSRB
Super Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Waterpolo

Postby RukometSRB » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 pm

mikh wrote:First shock! Germany - Spain 16:10, which makes Romania's mission slightly difficult. Now we should really win against Montenegro or Serbia and / or really sink Germany. All of it seems extremely difficult, but this team has always offered us reasons to believe in it so I will do that until the end of the competition!


Romania-Montenegro 8-11, as expected, tomorrow u can expect another defeat from Serbia.

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

RukometSRB wrote:
mikh wrote:First shock! Germany - Spain 16:10, which makes Romania's mission slightly difficult. Now we should really win against Montenegro or Serbia and / or really sink Germany. All of it seems extremely difficult, but this team has always offered us reasons to believe in it so I will do that until the end of the competition!


Romania-Montenegro 8-11, as expected, tomorrow u can expect another defeat from Serbia.


A priori, seems likely. I would wait for the match first. The fun of sports... :)
We have nothing to lose anyway... we will go in the 7-12 round in any case.

User avatar
RukometSRB
Super Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Waterpolo

Postby RukometSRB » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:05 pm

mikh wrote:
RukometSRB wrote:
mikh wrote:First shock! Germany - Spain 16:10, which makes Romania's mission slightly difficult. Now we should really win against Montenegro or Serbia and / or really sink Germany. All of it seems extremely difficult, but this team has always offered us reasons to believe in it so I will do that until the end of the competition!


Romania-Montenegro 8-11, as expected, tomorrow u can expect another defeat from Serbia.


A priori, seems likely. I would wait for the match first. The fun of sports... :)
We have nothing to lose anyway... we will go in the 7-12 round in any case.


Serbia-Romania 14-5 :p

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:17 pm

RukometSRB wrote:
mikh wrote:
RukometSRB wrote:Romania-Montenegro 8-11, as expected, tomorrow u can expect another defeat from Serbia.


A priori, seems likely. I would wait for the match first. The fun of sports... :)
We have nothing to lose anyway... we will go in the 7-12 round in any case.


Serbia-Romania 14-5 :p


A posteriori too. Well, no surprise here, just a bitter display by our team :( It was 7-0 at halftime for Serbia.
The tournament starts for us from Monday, when we play Germany and then the classification matches.

Anyway, do take into consideration that in Romania this sport is almost completely unknown and has not more than 600 players (all categories). I think this is as much you would have in only 1 club in Serbia. Considering this, think about the fact that we can have close matches with powerhouses and from time to time cause upsets: semifinals in 2006 (if I'm correct), victory in Rome against Italy, draw against Serbia a few years ago, victory against Hungary (friendly match, true) etc.
The effort these guys are putting in and the ridiculous training conditions they used to have (and still have, except for the Olympic center in Oradea) and the fact that they stand important chances to go to the OG makes them true heroes.
Therefore, I am not ashamed by the result and will keep supporting them. Hopefully they will be in London later this year!

mikh
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 pm
Location: North of the Wall
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby mikh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:41 pm

And we did it!

After losing to Germany 9-10 (Germany went in the 1/4 finals) we won against Macedonia (12-10) and have just won against Croatia 16-15 after penalties! This means we are already qualified for the Edmonton pre-olympic tournament, from where the top 4 teams will qualify.

The other participants are: Canada, Cuba, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Spain / Netherlands, Montenegro, Greece, China, Japan and potentially New Zealand. If NZ decides not to participate, their place will go to Kuwait. The draw will be made on the 19th of February.

User avatar
Joana
Handball Fan-atic
Posts: 2106
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:26 am
Location: Serbia
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: Waterpolo

Postby Joana » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 pm

mikh wrote:Anyway, do take into consideration that in Romania this sport is almost completely unknown and has not more than 600 players (all categories). I think this is as much you would have in only 1 club in Serbia.


One would think so considering how much success we've had, but it not really like that. Waterpolo is actually not that popular in Serbia, and the only thing that keeps it in focus are good results of our NT and Partizan in club competitions. Otherwise the league is extremely weak, there are few clubs with any kind of even half-decent budget and the national federation always has to literally beg for money from the government.
Some of the games from this ECh (including the one against Romania) were not even broadcast on RTS! It caused quite a controversy, and tells a lot about the status of water polo here.
Women's World Volleyball Championship
20.10.2018, Yokohama (JPN)
1. Serbia 2. Italy 3. China
The history is made. Thank you, girls!


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests