Mens WCh Sweden 2011

Talking about MALE handball in the World
Denmark-fan

Re: Mens WCh Sweden 2011

Postby Denmark-fan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:14 pm

it seems nikolaj has already back, let's hope he doesnt become a new line jorgensen

Dr. Fuentes

Postby Dr. Fuentes » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Denmark-fan wrote:it seems nikolaj has already back, let's hope he doesnt become a new line jorgensen

Markussen will not become that starplayer we all hope. He have a great height, but his physics isn't build to tophandball. He don't have enough muscles on that big body and that's a problem.

In October last year, I think it was, I was talking with Nordsjællands chairman and he said he don't think Nikolaj will be an international star with that reason his physics don't match the high body.

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:33 pm

karel wrote:
Staffan wrote:World cup 2015 in Qatar, good or bad for handball ?.

I'm waiting for Ice Hockey WCH in Qatar. Why not? :roll:
Poland is in the middle of the Europe, handball is popular in here, we have never had such a handball event in our country (although we had/will have in: volleyball, basketball, foootball etc.). And they have chosen Qatar. Eh... money rules the world. Thanks God, ECh can't be organized by Qatar :lol:

Honestly, I was one of those who gave support to Poland to be host 2015. France hosted mens WC 2001 and womens 2007. France should host EC 2014 or EC 2016.

It is a blow tfor Poland's handball, handball is becoming more and more popular in Poland and Polish clubs investing more and more and a world championship would increase the interest even more.

Poor strategy by the IHF, just about money. Poland today is a major sport region and a lot of money can be made.

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:44 am

Stefan Lövgren is a bit worried about the French domination. He does not believe that is good for handboll with a team that is winning everything and all over again. And he does not see any team that can beat France in the near future.

He say that France came to Sweden without three key players because of injurys ..

Also French goalkeeper had 20% today and the Danish goalkeeper 40%, then it was almost as home court for Denmark. Despite all this everything from injurys and poor golie they still win..

He does not think that anyone can threaten France in near future, hardly in Serbia next year and hardly in London at the olympics. Spain might threaten France in front of 15,000 spectators in Madrid 2013 but only might according to Lövgren.

Lövgren say Sweden was dominant between 1990 to 2000 but at least we had some nice rivalry between Sweden and Russia sometimes Sweden won and sometimes Russia won and that made everything interesting, problem is that France dont have any real rival today and might not have for some time to come.

PomaH
Rookie

Postby PomaH » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:13 am

Hi everyone! I finally find a forum focused on handball :=)

Indeed, France missed two key players (Guillaume Gille and Daniel Narcisse) but IMO there's no point to think nobody could beat them. Difference between gold and silver medal is always minor as we all saw it today. And france will finish to loose. Danish made a strong work during 65 min. I think they probably played over their level and finally made few mistakes which cost them the win.

ps : Sorry for my poor english, but , as i am french, speaking a fluent english is too difficult :=)

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 pm

TheDane wrote:
Staffan wrote:Official WC webpage is the biggest joke I ever seen.. Worst ever, I am ashamed and angry.

The official statistics is also completely wrong, at least for the Denmark - Australia match:
http://www.ihf.info/files/CompetitionData/101/pdf/9FTR.pdf
and http://handball2011.com/documents/DENAUS20110114Spe.pdf

Denmark has two keepers Niclas Landin and Sørenn Rasmussen.
Landin is listed as having played 30 minutes, but Rasmussen is listed as having played 0 minutes.
So according to this Denmark played one half without any keeper on court. In reality Landin played all of the first half and Rasmussen played all of the second half.

Rasmussen is also listed as having made 0 saves on 2 shots. But in reality he only let 4 goals in in all of the 2nd and made a lot of saves. All his saves has been given to Landin on the statistics, so they probably didn't even noticed Denmark changed keeper at halftime.

This also means Landin lead the official keeper statistics and Rasmussen is at the very bottom of the official keeper statistics. But in reality Rasmussen's statistics is better than Landin's.

But it's not just the Danish keeper statistics they messed up in this match.

For example Denmark's starting right back Mads Christiansen is listed as having played 59:40 in that match, but in reality he played the first half but didn't play much (if at all) in the second half where he was replaced by Kasper Søndergaard.

Kasper Søndergaard is listed as having played only 5:29 which I beleive is also less than in reality, even though he doesn't play in defense unlike Mads Christiansen who plays in both ends.

Mads Christiansen and Kasper Søndergaard was never on court at the same time either as they both only played right back, so their combined playing time should not be above 60:00, but 59:40 + 5:29 is a lot more.

There's probably a lot more errors in that match report, but the keeper and right back errors was the easiest to spot right away.

The Distribution of Goals and Shots statistics are also wrong. Denmark scored 47 goals butonly 46 goals (green balls) are shwon on the court: http://handball2011.com/documents/DENAUS20110114Lag.pdf

Even after the WCh has completely finished the official website is still a big joke.

1) Lots of their statistics are all wrong.

2) They list more than 16 players for some matches. Thomas Mogensen who had been replaced was still listed at one of Denmark's matches as the 17th player. But Jacob Bagersted who had also been replaced was not listed.

3) Only very limited news about most matches and teams. Often they didn't even mention when a team replaced a player from their 16-man squad with a new one.

4) But worst of all. You still can't see the 16-man squad of the different participating teams at the website. Denmark's squad consists of 27 players for example: http://www.handball2011.com/denmark/players
You can't tell who was actually selected to the final 16-man squad and who has since been replaced. Just a long list of 27 potential players where a lot of was never included in the final WCh squad.

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 pm

I visited that page only onece during the world cup. I almost throw up and then I never visited that page again.

Compere that one with EHF web page or the web page in Austria.

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Soon we will have 3 big events in less than a years.

2012 EC Belgrade (January)
2012 OG London (August / September)
2013 WC Madrid (January)

As a handball freak I love it but the the question is if the players like it.

My question to you is shoud WC be playd on a olympic year ?. Tired players and handball fans that already has wasted the money in London.

Every world cup on a olympic years had less foreign audience than usual as exempel in Croatia if you compere with all foreign fans that visited Austria last year.

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 pm

AL Times TV record in Denmark

(2011-01-31)
At the World Cup final in Malmo Arena was Danish television record. 3.127.000 million viewers watched the World Cup final between Denmark and France. This is a Danish record for sports programs in all categories.

This means that the old reccord Denmark Germeny (1992 football) is beaten..

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:13 am

And there was 8.5 million French TV viewers for the final I read.

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:06 pm

HK Drott Halmstads Danish GK Stephen Nielsen impressed by Denmark.
http://hallandsposten.se/sport/1.110722 ... andsmannen

Kasper Söndergaard names Bertrand Gille as a PIG :shock:
http://www.expressen.se/sport/handboll/ ... r-ett-svin

Whats should we name the Croats who eleminated Andersson and Carlen ?

sinok
Regular

Postby sinok » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:23 pm

TheDane wrote:And there was 8.5 million French TV viewers for the final I read.

That was the peak for one of the channels (a mainstream public tv bought the rights for the final).

How ever, the total number is above 10 millions as there was another channel who has been showing the final, and they gathered at least 1.8 millions (no idea of the peak vale).

So all time record for French handball (still far away from football though)

TheDane
Handball Fan-atic

Postby TheDane » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 pm

I just came across this recently uploaded clip of Per Carlén (Oscar Carlén's dad) from the Sweden vs. Russia WCh final in 1990. Didn't want to start a new topic just for this so posted it here.

This has got to be some of the worst acting in handball ever [-X :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w4_TgnFGY

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:14 pm

TheDane wrote:I just came across this recently uploaded clip of Per Carlén (Oscar Carlén's dad) from the Sweden vs. Russia WCh final in 1990. Didn't want to start a new topic just for this so posted it here.

:lol: worst acting ever.

Anyway this wos the break for Swedish Benga Boys. Everybady told that CCCP will beat us with 10 goals in Prag.

Copy and post

Arnes klassiker - Vm handboll Prag 1990
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgL5r7kx ... re=related

Kim eat like a bear

Vem i handbollslandslaget äter mest?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE8VPfMN ... re=related

I remember this wictory against Spain in Norway 2008.
ESP playd with out GK last 8 sec. Crazy way to win :D

Sverige - Spanien sista sekunderna! (Radiosporten)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kssVPjBv ... re=related
Last edited by Staffan on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arcosh
Extra Member

Postby Arcosh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:01 am

TheDane wrote:I just came across this recently uploaded clip of Per Carlén (Oscar Carlén's dad) from the Sweden vs. Russia WCh final in 1990. Didn't want to start a new topic just for this so posted it here.

Iker Romero knows about bad acting aswell :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIulilJTZJY

Staffan
Handball Fan-atic

Postby Staffan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Mega scandal:

http://www.skanskan.se/article/20110210 ... ner-av-ihf

World Cup scandal in Lund was hushed up by the IHF
February 10 5:30 2011-02-10 05:30:00

Already during the World Cup's first day of play in Lund so there was a huge scandal. When the International Handball Federation (IHF) wrongly sent a notified Algerian player of the plan, in the first half of the match against Serbia. But, lo and behold, in the second half, he returned to play after the mistake was discovered. The scandal was silenced quickly down the IHF.

The first World Cup days in Lund for a night of real glory scandal. In the match between Algeria and Serbia so sent the Algerian player Adberrazak Hamad up in the stands, after a 20-second game.

This after the match announcer discovered that Hamad was missing in Algeria's roster and called for IHF's, Slovenian, race director, Leon Kalin's attention - which immediately brought the match and made sure that Hamad had to leave the plan.
The pause, however, Leon Kalin realized that a mistake had been committed, when Hamad was in fact enrolled in the squad - and decided that the Algerian would play the second half.

- An IHF-Delegate of Bahrain had gotten the idea that Hamad was omitted from the squad and approved the scoresheet. But this was totally wrong, because Hamad no means was canceled, according to Ulf Mohlin, who was floor manager of the Forum arena in the world and describes the scandal on his blog.
- Completely k**f incomprehensible that a player who is in the squad does not come with the score sheet and will be uploaded in the gallery, it is a huge scandal, like Ulf Mohlin.

According to Ulf Mohlin so overall Leon Kalin all delegates, after the game, to discuss how the scandal would be silenced.
- They had a meeting where they discussed the incident. Leon (Kalin) gesticulating wildly to the other delegates. But what exactly was said, we never find out.
When Ulf Mohlin then took up the scandal with the German Delegate Manfred Prause, who was responsible for the judges, so the German refused to talk about the incident.

For Algeria was the mistake, according to Ulf Mohlin, fatal.
- Had Hamad played the whole match so had enough of Algeria won the match and moved on to the second round, he writes in the blog
Surprisingly, however, was that the Algerians never submitted officeiell protest.

Lyssna
Läs fonetisktOrdbok - Visa detaljerad ordbok

mikh
Handball Fan-atic

Postby mikh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:07 am

Romanian male handball on death row. During a meeting of the coaches from the male NL it was decided that Stângă will hold his position as coach of the national team. Seems like the 19th place (worse ever at a WCh) and the solid performances put up by our team inspired the leaders of the Romanian federation to give credit to the current coach. Most certainly the story of this team's impotence to perform will continue in the EC qualis where we will twice meet Lithuania in March, before concluding the group against Spain and Croatia in June. Coach Stângă and his handball-playing gang have to win all 4 matches to secure an EC spot. It's worth remembering that it's the second time Stângă is granted the benefit of continuing his ”work” at the team, after the debaccles against Croatia and Spain last autumn. Moreover, the long term objective with which he started as NT coach was to qualify the team for London 2012. That means, top 6 finish in Serbia, isn't it? ](*,)

Return to “Male Handball”